Pypes pype bomb drone - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-01-2016, 03:18 AM   #1

Pypes pype bomb drone

I have the pypes pype bomb axle backs and love them. The drone doesn't bother me much if but I could get rid of it I would. I've read mixed reviews whether an aftermarket h or x-pipe will get rid of it or have no effect. Anyone know of any applications that might help? And how much will it change the exhaust note compared to the stock mid-pipe?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
cocaine5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2016, 09:27 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocaine5oh View Post
I have the pypes pype bomb axle backs and love them. The drone doesn't bother me much if but I could get rid of it I would. I've read mixed reviews whether an aftermarket h or x-pipe will get rid of it or have no effect. Anyone know of any applications that might help? And how much will it change the exhaust note compared to the stock mid-pipe?

If it's an off road Mid pipe it will change the exhaust note ALOT.

As far as a mid pipe to just replace the stock one I don't think it would change it that much but probably would some considering it would probably be 3' instead of the factory 2.5.

But my first exhaust was the Pype bombs you have as well. I too wanted a little bit more sound so I cut out the resonators and had 2.75 SS put in place. And that did bring the note a little louder and it was noticeable.

But then i decided to go off road Hpipe the 3' SS from Lethal Performance and I was able to find a set of GT500 Axel backs that someone was selling and bought those because I knew with the Pypes and off road exhaust it would be so d*** loud I wouldn't like it.
Red_Menace11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 10:14 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocaine5oh View Post

Look into a J-pipe to eliminate drone.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT