Roush AB + Resonator Delete, Support? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-18-2016, 11:02 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Roush AB + Resonator Delete, Support?

Hey all, long time lurker here. I finally got my 2013 Cali Special almost 2 months ago (which already had the Roush AB installed). I had always researched and planned to go with Roush + resonator delete after watching TONS of YouTube videos. I've read through tons of threads on various forums on this setup and THOUGHT I was set. Well, after letting 3 friends listen to a few Youtubes of this, all 3 preferred JUST the Roush AB. Needless to say my enthusiasm has taken a big hit and I'm unsure now. I LOVE the Roush but want it a touch louder.

My two concerns are 1) if there is TOO much popping/crackling with this set up. With that said I love the pop and crackle I get as it is now and always find myself wanting more so my gut says I'll love it. And 2) i read through comments of one video saying the res delete actually makes the Roush a little LESS deeper. I am wanting louder, and deeper would be an extra bonus but don't want to lose any growl. Most likely not even noticable but it's got me second guessing my plans.

Just looking for some reassurance from others before I pull the trigger. Super passionate about this car already and want to do it right. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
KnightRider36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2016, 11:13 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
This won't help you at all from a Roush perspective but here is a direct comparison of my friend's setup with and without resonators. I put the 2 clips back to back so you can compare the difference right away.

His setup is BBK Long Tubes, BBK Catted X-Pipe, Corsa Xtreme Axleback. Comparison with and then without resonators.

Deleting the resonators made it much louder but also not as deep.

DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 11:44 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Thank you for that. Like you said, relevance might be lacking but cool comparison. I'd prefer resonators on that setup. With that said, id be more interested to hear it under normal driving conditions or with an aggressive acceleration. That car sounded like it was floored.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
KnightRider36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2016, 02:34 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I did exactly what you are wanting to do. I had Roush AB on my '14 GT with the resonators, and wanted a little more, so I had the resonators removed. It is louder, and more raspy when the engine is cold, but most of the raspy/tiney sound goes away once the engine warms up. When downshifting, with the resonators I had more gurgling. Without the resonators, I have gurgling with the occasional pop!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
crroy71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT