19" x 10" All around - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-19-2016, 10:30 AM   #1
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Virginia Beach
Region: Virginia
Posts: 2
19" x 10" All around

I'm looking to run a square 19" by 10" set up on a 2012 GT/CS. The car has been lowered about 1.5" with the Ford Racing Assembled Adjustable Handling Pack (Ford Racing Assembled Adjustable Mustang Handling Pack - Coupe M-FR3A-MGTAA (05-14 GT) - Free Shipping). The Wheels are 11/12 GT/CS Style Black Machined Wheel (2011 GT/CS Style Black Machined Mustang Wheel - 19x10 (05-14 All) - Free Shipping). The info I'm looking for is:

1. Where can I go to figure out if the wheels will fit.
2. Will I need a Spacer, If so, what size?
3. If anyone has done this, what size tire did you run?

Thanks,
-DR
Dead_Reckoning is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-19-2016, 01:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
noldevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 573
Yes 19x10 square is possible, but you're getting into very tight fitment territory. Most of what American Muscle has available in 10" wide will not fit, as the offset is way too much for the front.
You'll have to look at it on a per-wheel basis (some might fit and some might not, even with the same specs), especially if you have Brembo brakes. Spoke design and offset are key.
I'm going with forgestar CF10s in 19x10, 40 offset (the ones you're looking at are 48, probably too much). You're looking at 275/35, 275/40, or 285/35 with this setup.
I'll need a 5mm spacer up front to clear the brembos because of the spoke design. Some other wheels would fit without a spacer if the spokes allow for it.

Basically you should be in the 40-42 range on offset, but you'll want to try to find someone else who has run the same wheel and offset to be sure it fits.
noldevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 05:22 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Diehard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North Reading
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Reckoning View Post
I'm looking to run a square 19" by 10" set up on a 2012 GT/CS. The car has been lowered about 1.5" with the Ford Racing Assembled Adjustable Handling Pack (Ford Racing Assembled Adjustable Mustang Handling Pack - Coupe M-FR3A-MGTAA (05-14 GT) - Free Shipping). The Wheels are 11/12 GT/CS Style Black Machined Wheel (2011 GT/CS Style Black Machined Mustang Wheel - 19x10 (05-14 All) - Free Shipping). The info I'm looking for is:

1. Where can I go to figure out if the wheels will fit.
2. Will I need a Spacer, If so, what size?
3. If anyone has done this, what size tire did you run?

Thanks,
-DR
The following thread shows someone else that just bought these same wheels. You may want to read, if you haven't already.

Just got these all around. Good or bad?

Maybe you should ask AM if they still have the sale price available.
__________________
____________________________________________________
14 V6 auto, MCA, PP, BBK Shorties, MMD Hood Struts, Borla Touring A/B's, MAC ProChamber, aFe drop-in Filter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-19-2016, 05:45 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
noldevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
The following thread shows someone else that just bought these same wheels. You may want to read, if you haven't already.

Just got these all around. Good or bad?

Maybe you should ask AM if they still have the sale price available.
Note that guy says "no rub, only when I turn the wheel all the way"
That is rub, and it would be accentuated by any bumps or weight transfers (it could rub more at speed, under braking, on harder turns, or on bumps)
noldevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 06:35 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Diehard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North Reading
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by noldevin View Post
Note that guy says "no rub, only when I turn the wheel all the way"
That is rub, and it would be accentuated by any bumps or weight transfers (it could rub more at speed, under braking, on harder turns, or on bumps)
I believe some models come standard with " Steering Travel Limiters", which can be added.
Except for the question of the wheel spokes clearing the front brakes, I think the following web page should be helpful in foreseeing where the tire may hit. However, it requires you take measurements of existing clearances on current tire and then plug in the proposed tire and wheel size and wheel offset.
Rim & Tire Size Calculator. Custom Offsets - Wheel-Size.com

May be challenging if the car hasn't been lowered yet.
__________________
____________________________________________________
14 V6 auto, MCA, PP, BBK Shorties, MMD Hood Struts, Borla Touring A/B's, MAC ProChamber, aFe drop-in Filter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 06:47 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
noldevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
I believe some models come standard with " Steering Travel Limiters", which can be added.
Except for the question of the wheel spokes clearing the front brakes, I think the following web page should be helpful in foreseeing where the tire may hit. However, it requires you take measurements of existing clearances on current tire and then plug in the proposed tire and wheel size and wheel offset.
Rim & Tire Size Calculator. Custom Offsets - Wheel-Size.com

May be challenging if the car hasn't been lowered yet.
That page is a great resource that I use often, but in the case of 10" wheels up front and a square fitment, things start to get tricky and you really need to find someone who has done it with that particular wheel to be sure.
noldevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 08:30 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Diehard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North Reading
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by noldevin View Post
That page is a great resource that I use often, but in the case of 10" wheels up front and a square fitment, things start to get tricky and you really need to find someone who has done it with that particular wheel to be sure.
Totally agree!

EDIT: I made myself one of these Wheel and Tire Simulators.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HomeMade wheel sim.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	984.0 KB
ID:	201185

You can see how it works here.



I haven't tried it yet.
__________________
____________________________________________________
14 V6 auto, MCA, PP, BBK Shorties, MMD Hood Struts, Borla Touring A/B's, MAC ProChamber, aFe drop-in Filter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 01:17 AM   #8
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Cincinnati
Region: Alabama
Posts: 5
I just put on these in 9.5 inch square setup. I have a 14 GT/CS. They only weigh 21.5 lbs each. They have them in 10 and have proper offset. Just like the Boss 302r wheels. I know someone that is running the 10s on a Boss 302. But they only come in 18, but all of them fit Brembos with no spacers. http://www.apexraceparts.com/apex-pr.../#.V0k2rPT3anM


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OH2014GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 01:14 PM   #9
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: greenville
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 18
10" tire on the front of that car lowered that much will be a nightmare. . I tried that same setup and could never find a happy place.. I've seen a few with it in front but I find it very hard to believe they don't rub some.. or they're driving it like a baby so it doesn't
Mattman320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 02:08 PM   #10
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Cincinnati
Region: Alabama
Posts: 5
I also have the same suspension setup as the OP. No rub, no loss of turning radius.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OH2014GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 01:09 AM   #11
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Phoenix
Region: Arizona
Posts: 145
You can always look at Vorshlag Racing's 18x11 square setup with a 2.5" drop.
FirstGeneration is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 GT 19" x 9.5" all around v8shep Mustang 101 - Tech Basics | Ask an Expert 2 06-04-2015 10:19 AM
2012 coyote 5.0 6 speed Lowered 1.5 all the way around 4" inch intake K&N filter and 12silver5.0 Member Garages 1 11-26-2014 09:08 AM
17" donut to 19" wheels all around? Aruiz42 Mustang Wheels & Tires 1 12-12-2012 03:50 AM
"ya'll" or "y'all" DarkShadow The Bar 37 11-25-2007 01:16 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



02:55 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.