19" x 10" All around - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-19-2016, 10:30 AM   #1

Region: Virginia
19" x 10" All around

I'm looking to run a square 19" by 10" set up on a 2012 GT/CS. The car has been lowered about 1.5" with the Ford Racing Assembled Adjustable Handling Pack (Ford Racing Assembled Adjustable Mustang Handling Pack - Coupe M-FR3A-MGTAA (05-14 GT) - Free Shipping). The Wheels are 11/12 GT/CS Style Black Machined Wheel (2011 GT/CS Style Black Machined Mustang Wheel - 19x10 (05-14 All) - Free Shipping). The info I'm looking for is:

1. Where can I go to figure out if the wheels will fit.
2. Will I need a Spacer, If so, what size?
3. If anyone has done this, what size tire did you run?

Thanks,
-DR
Dead_Reckoning is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2016, 01:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Yes 19x10 square is possible, but you're getting into very tight fitment territory. Most of what American Muscle has available in 10" wide will not fit, as the offset is way too much for the front.
You'll have to look at it on a per-wheel basis (some might fit and some might not, even with the same specs), especially if you have Brembo brakes. Spoke design and offset are key.
I'm going with forgestar CF10s in 19x10, 40 offset (the ones you're looking at are 48, probably too much). You're looking at 275/35, 275/40, or 285/35 with this setup.
I'll need a 5mm spacer up front to clear the brembos because of the spoke design. Some other wheels would fit without a spacer if the spokes allow for it.

Basically you should be in the 40-42 range on offset, but you'll want to try to find someone else who has run the same wheel and offset to be sure it fits.
noldevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 05:22 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Reckoning View Post
I'm looking to run a square 19" by 10" set up on a 2012 GT/CS. The car has been lowered about 1.5" with the Ford Racing Assembled Adjustable Handling Pack (Ford Racing Assembled Adjustable Mustang Handling Pack - Coupe M-FR3A-MGTAA (05-14 GT) - Free Shipping). The Wheels are 11/12 GT/CS Style Black Machined Wheel (2011 GT/CS Style Black Machined Mustang Wheel - 19x10 (05-14 All) - Free Shipping). The info I'm looking for is:

1. Where can I go to figure out if the wheels will fit.
2. Will I need a Spacer, If so, what size?
3. If anyone has done this, what size tire did you run?

Thanks,
-DR
The following thread shows someone else that just bought these same wheels. You may want to read, if you haven't already.

Just got these all around. Good or bad?

Maybe you should ask AM if they still have the sale price available.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2016, 05:45 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
The following thread shows someone else that just bought these same wheels. You may want to read, if you haven't already.

Just got these all around. Good or bad?

Maybe you should ask AM if they still have the sale price available.
Note that guy says "no rub, only when I turn the wheel all the way"
That is rub, and it would be accentuated by any bumps or weight transfers (it could rub more at speed, under braking, on harder turns, or on bumps)
Old 05-19-2016, 06:35 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by noldevin View Post
Note that guy says "no rub, only when I turn the wheel all the way"
That is rub, and it would be accentuated by any bumps or weight transfers (it could rub more at speed, under braking, on harder turns, or on bumps)
I believe some models come standard with " Steering Travel Limiters", which can be added.
Except for the question of the wheel spokes clearing the front brakes, I think the following web page should be helpful in foreseeing where the tire may hit. However, it requires you take measurements of existing clearances on current tire and then plug in the proposed tire and wheel size and wheel offset.
Rim & Tire Size Calculator. Custom Offsets - Wheel-Size.com

May be challenging if the car hasn't been lowered yet.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Old 05-19-2016, 06:47 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
I believe some models come standard with " Steering Travel Limiters", which can be added.
Except for the question of the wheel spokes clearing the front brakes, I think the following web page should be helpful in foreseeing where the tire may hit. However, it requires you take measurements of existing clearances on current tire and then plug in the proposed tire and wheel size and wheel offset.
Rim & Tire Size Calculator. Custom Offsets - Wheel-Size.com

May be challenging if the car hasn't been lowered yet.
That page is a great resource that I use often, but in the case of 10" wheels up front and a square fitment, things start to get tricky and you really need to find someone who has done it with that particular wheel to be sure.
Old 05-19-2016, 08:30 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by noldevin View Post
That page is a great resource that I use often, but in the case of 10" wheels up front and a square fitment, things start to get tricky and you really need to find someone who has done it with that particular wheel to be sure.
Totally agree!

EDIT: I made myself one of these Wheel and Tire Simulators.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HomeMade wheel sim.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	984.0 KB
ID:	201185

You can see how it works here.

I haven't tried it yet.
Old 05-28-2016, 01:17 AM   #8

Region: Alabama
I just put on these in 9.5 inch square setup. I have a 14 GT/CS. They only weigh 21.5 lbs each. They have them in 10 and have proper offset. Just like the Boss 302r wheels. I know someone that is running the 10s on a Boss 302. But they only come in 18, but all of them fit Brembos with no spacers. http://www.apexraceparts.com/apex-pr.../#.V0k2rPT3anM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OH2014GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 01:14 PM   #9

Region: South Carolina
10" tire on the front of that car lowered that much will be a nightmare. . I tried that same setup and could never find a happy place.. I've seen a few with it in front but I find it very hard to believe they don't rub some.. or they're driving it like a baby so it doesn't
Mattman320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 02:08 PM   #10

Region: Alabama
I also have the same suspension setup as the OP. No rub, no loss of turning radius.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OH2014GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 01:09 AM   #11
Road Trip!

Region: Arizona
You can always look at Vorshlag Racing's 18x11 square setup with a 2.5" drop.
FirstGeneration is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT