Mustang Evolution Forum banner

19" x 10" All around

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  bsyo1021 
#1 ·
I'm looking to run a square 19" by 10" set up on a 2012 GT/CS. The car has been lowered about 1.5" with the Ford Racing Assembled Adjustable Handling Pack (Ford Racing Assembled Adjustable Mustang Handling Pack - Coupe M-FR3A-MGTAA (05-14 GT) - Free Shipping). The Wheels are 11/12 GT/CS Style Black Machined Wheel (2011 GT/CS Style Black Machined Mustang Wheel - 19x10 (05-14 All) - Free Shipping). The info I'm looking for is:

1. Where can I go to figure out if the wheels will fit.
2. Will I need a Spacer, If so, what size?
3. If anyone has done this, what size tire did you run?

Thanks,
-DR

#2 ·
Yes 19x10 square is possible, but you're getting into very tight fitment territory. Most of what American Muscle has available in 10" wide will not fit, as the offset is way too much for the front.
You'll have to look at it on a per-wheel basis (some might fit and some might not, even with the same specs), especially if you have Brembo brakes. Spoke design and offset are key.
I'm going with forgestar CF10s in 19x10, 40 offset (the ones you're looking at are 48, probably too much). You're looking at 275/35, 275/40, or 285/35 with this setup.
I'll need a 5mm spacer up front to clear the brembos because of the spoke design. Some other wheels would fit without a spacer if the spokes allow for it.

Basically you should be in the 40-42 range on offset, but you'll want to try to find someone else who has run the same wheel and offset to be sure it fits.

#3 · (Edited)
#4 ·
The following thread shows someone else that just bought these same wheels. You may want to read, if you haven't already.

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f356/t376660/

Maybe you should ask AM if they still have the sale price available.:(
Note that guy says "no rub, only when I turn the wheel all the way"
That is rub, and it would be accentuated by any bumps or weight transfers (it could rub more at speed, under braking, on harder turns, or on bumps)

#8 ·
I just put on these in 9.5 inch square setup. I have a 14 GT/CS. They only weigh 21.5 lbs each. They have them in 10 and have proper offset. Just like the Boss 302r wheels. I know someone that is running the 10s on a Boss 302. But they only come in 18, but all of them fit Brembos with no spacers. http://www.apexraceparts.com/apex-products/S197-SN95-Mustang/#.V0k2rPT3anM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
10" tire on the front of that car lowered that much will be a nightmare. . I tried that same setup and could never find a happy place.. I've seen a few with it in front but I find it very hard to believe they don't rub some.. or they're driving it like a baby so it doesn't

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.