Mustang Evolution Forum banner

2011 Mustang GT bogs at 3k rpm

4K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  ddtmoto 
#1 ·
I have searched and found countless articles on this but NONE of them have a clear solution. I have a 2011 mustang gt mt6. Mods to the car-jlt carbon fiber intake, cat deletes, roush mufflers and Bama tune.

Issue- car runs okay until i hit 3k rpms then bogs until i get above 4k rpms. Does this in 2nd-5th grear Car has absolutely no power until after 4k. then everything is fine.

NO CEL, TC light does not come on. Ive had it with advanced trac off. Problem started 2 months after installing tune. I have checked coils and changed plugs. Tried every type of gas. Cleaned MAF and air filter. I pulled #47 fuse for 15 minutes. I have a tune so i know its not the usual "oh just get a tune" problem and it just randomly started one day and now several weeks later is extremely worse. Also I have checked exhaust for false knock. No clue what this is. PLEASE HELP ME FIX THIS DAMN THING

#7 ·
Very likely a tune issue. If you can, datalog and send your results to Bama for a look. It's a place to start. If you need how to help, just ask.

Does this occur at all throttle positions?

#8 ·
Yes, datalog and go from there.

#10 ·
No. Could be a cam phaser issue, or something along those lines.

#16 ·
You can run the stock tune with no cats for this experiment. You won't hurt anything.

#19 ·
Okay so.maybe someone can help here...I'm going to call BAMA tomorrow but I noticed when logging the sf3 said "vvexb1a" reading was 0.07 the entire drive. So my question is that an o2 sensor not reading? Or variable can sensor?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#21 ·
Well the sensor could be th e issue but also the wiring to it. You'll have to check them for continuity.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.