Help guys - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-27-2016, 05:51 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Help guys

So I just installed my h pipe yesterday and car was loud but no issues. Today I go to leave work and my engine light is on p0171 and p0174. Bama said to put my old tune on and try that. Umm my old tune does not account for an h pipe. What do I do. Thank got I just order my Lund tune. Is my car safe to run with it being too lean?? Please help guys
buddyrich14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2016, 08:36 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Was it an off road h pipe?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
cmlambert8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 02:40 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Yes it was an off road h pipe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2016, 05:56 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
You need those codes turned off in a tune. Lund does it automatically unless you specify not. You can drive it like that until you get the tune.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 07:52 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Bama acted like they didn't know What mods I had. How the hell did they send me a tune without realizing what I had. They said they do over 400 a week so it may have been over looked or corrupted. What a joke. John N from Lund racing spoke with me on his cell phone for almost an hour last night about my worries and about tunes. Great customer service by them. I hope the tunes are the same.
Old 05-28-2016, 07:54 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I was worried about running too lean. I don't hear an exhaust leak so I don think that was an issue. Does anyone know if you can use the sctx4 for gauges when you drive and if so how do you do that. Would I mostly look at fuel/air ratio to make sure I am running the right mixture
Old 05-29-2016, 09:05 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Relax man, change the tune and don't pound on it. You'll be fine.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 09:17 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyrich14 View Post
Bama acted like they didn't know What mods I had. How the hell did they send me a tune without realizing what I had. They said they do over 400 a week so it may have been over looked or corrupted. What a joke. John N from Lund racing spoke with me on his cell phone for almost an hour last night about my worries and about tunes. Great customer service by them. I hope the tunes are the same.

Lund is one of the best if not the best as far as I'm concerned. I don't have a tune on my car because I don't want to give up the track key but if I did it would be Lund. I personally know of 3 people that had tuning issues or just weren't happy and after Tuning by Lund problems were solved and they were very happy. And this is after going around and around with other tuners.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 03:01 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyrich14 View Post

First they ask you for a list of mods when you request your tune. If you failed to tell them it's an off road H pipe with no cats then how's it their responsibility?

Sure you can say "yeah I buy everything from them so just look at the records." But what if you bought something from someone else and forgot who you bought it from? It's just easier to for you to tell them.

It's all good your car won't explode. Just don't WOT it before the updated tune.

DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 03:16 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
First they ask you for a list of mods when you request your tune. If you failed to tell them it's an off road H pipe with no cats then how's it their responsibility?

Sure you can say "yeah I buy everything from them so just look at the records." But what if you bought something from someone else and forgot who you bought it from? It's just easier to for you to tell them.

It's all good your car won't explode. Just don't WOT it before the updated tune.

I have them the full list of mods. On the order form it also states what was supposed to be on the tune. Hello Lund. I can't wait!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT