Please tell me there is a remedy - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-07-2016, 08:22 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Please tell me there is a remedy

Hey guys, changed all 4 brakes about 4 months ago because they were squeaking so figured they needed to be replaced. Well, not the case. They looked barely halfway worn down if even that. But i changed them anyway. Now my brakes are squeaking again and it drives me freaking nuts. So if there's any sort of concoction I can spray on them or something, please let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2016, 10:46 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
My guess is that your rotors are glazed or you replaced the brakes with cheap pads . I would only recommend having rotors cut once in there lifetime but it's worth a shot .

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Psmith129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 02:55 AM   #3
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Ceramic pads don't squeak; good pads for street driving. If you track the car, or tow (doubtful), then semi-metallic or metallic pads are the choice, but they squeak.

Applying anti-squeak on the pad backing helps quite a lot; some pads come with a backing already applied.

What brand of pads did you install?
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2016, 07:01 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Ceramic pads don't squeak; good pads for street driving. If you track the car, or tow (doubtful), then semi-metallic or metallic pads are the choice, but they squeak.

Applying anti-squeak on the pad backing helps quite a lot; some pads come with a backing already applied.

Hawk Performance. I'm pretty sure I did ceramic too. And I've got the Brembos on the front.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:10 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I have squeaked some every since installed new Stoptech cross drilled and slotted rotors with composite pads. Commenting so i can see all answere

Sent from my LGLS990 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 06:56 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Did you turn the rotors when you put the new pads on???
Never....never.....put new pads on worn rotor....and never take used pads and put them on new rotors.
I had Brembo's and GT500 rears and used the stock Boss 302 pads in front on my Brembo's and the GT500 pads on the rear 13.8 rotors....never had an issue.
I can't see a need for drilled/slotted rotors....and if you get them hot enough they have been known to crack....slotted maybe....drilled no....IMHO
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 07:07 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama5OH View Post
Hey guys, changed all 4 brakes about 4 months ago because they were squeaking so figured they needed to be replaced. Well, not the case. They looked barely halfway worn down if even that. But i changed them anyway. Now my brakes are squeaking again and it drives me freaking nuts. So if there's any sort of concoction I can spray on them or something, please let me know.

They will squeak in the mornings or when the rotors are wet, but it will go away once they get hot. That's what the oem pads do, once I had changed mine that went away.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mlp07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 07:38 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Yes , they squeak easy in humid area, they will get a light glaze of
rust in just hours= squeak. I just lightly hold down the brake while accelerating lightly for a few seconds and it goes away.
Its very humid in Dallas.
blackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 08:43 PM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Although the average humidity in my area is around 77% I've never had my Brembo's squeak...morning/noon/night. If I let the Mustangs sit for over a week the rust is barely visible....even without holding the brake pedal down it should be gone in one of two stops.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:48 PM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

Granted these are Brembo's with 4 piston front.....single piston rear.
If your rotors don't look like this it's time to have them turned and get new pads.
These pictures were taken at about 10k miles.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-05-13 15.26.38.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	982.3 KB
ID:	202203   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-04-11 12.52.16.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	202204  

Old 06-08-2016, 09:27 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post

Every pair I've had of Ceramic brakes have squeaked on me constantly...

The first time I switched to duralast regulars that are semi metallic.. I haven't had one squeak at all!
Red_Menace11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 09:35 PM   #12
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Menace11 View Post
Every pair I've had of Ceramic brakes have squeaked on me constantly...

The first time I switched to duralast regulars that are semi metallic.. I haven't had one squeak at all!
If your ceramic brakes sqaueaked then you have some other issues....I've had two sets on my ole 14 TrakPak and no squeak....did I forget to say they were GT500 pads and rotors....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT