Get out of your 5 point "OH" head - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-14-2016, 04:10 PM   #106
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
I'm far from retired and I needed a v8 and a SC. I too waited until I felt like I could more than afford the car I wanted before I bought one. So much so that I refused to purchase a new car until I was 31 and it was my 14 GT. Traded in a title in hand 07 Tacoma I paid 16k for used in 2010 for 11k and an additional 100k miles on it. Ford credit gave me my mustang with rebates or zero interest financing, I took the rebates as my interest rate is still below 2%. So I pay less than my used Tacoma a month. And here is her current state because I need more power!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1465938613.930429.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	202496
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2016, 04:31 PM   #107
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Heck, who doesn't love the V8? I sure do! We all love the V8. The real question is this for many. Does someone have enough love for the V8 to spend the extra $$$$ to buy the V8.

๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜Ž

Sent from my SM-G930V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Umm yes I would! I have no problem spending all of my money. It's just paper until you spend it!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 05:04 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
Umm yes I would! I have no problem spending all of my money. It's just paper until you spend it!

Sounds good too me boss. I guess some are just not willing to part with their paper for a V8

2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2016, 05:10 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
I'm far from retired and I needed a v8 and a SC. I too waited until I felt like I could more than afford the car I wanted before I bought one. So much so that I refused to purchase a new car until I was 31 and it was my 14 GT. Traded in a title in hand 07 Tacoma I paid 16k for used in 2010 for 11k and an additional 100k miles on it. Ford credit gave me my mustang with rebates or zero interest financing, I took the rebates as my interest rate is still below 2%. So I pay less than my used Tacoma a month. And here is her current state because I need more power!

Attachment 202496
Sometimes you just need more power

Old 06-14-2016, 06:04 PM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
If any V8 owner wants to trade (like for like) for my V6 let me know. I'll cover transit and even buy lunch.

Some lunches cost a pretty penny... You sure you want to "buy lunch?" Lol

DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 12:30 AM   #111
Registered Member
Regular

Everyone just buy what you want and like. 4, 6 8 who cares. Why does it really matter?

Old 06-15-2016, 08:02 AM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
I checked out the 15+ forum and they do the same thing to the turbo 4 guys with their justification. I really do not care at all what you choose to drive, just stop making posts every freaking week about why you chose the base model which happens to be the V6. We get it already.
605 RWHP on a safe tune
scott9050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 09:13 AM   #113
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Everyone just buy what you want and like. 4, 6 8 who cares. Why does it really matter?

Nope, some people just feel the need to put someone down in order to feel superior. Insecurity is not just limited to cars of course, this happens in any topic. This is also the internet, most people don't act like this in real life, at least I hope not, hahaha.

P.S. This isn't directed at anyone in this thread or on this forum, it's a general statement.
Old 06-15-2016, 10:07 AM   #114
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post

Attachment 202496
why did I get my V6...cause I kept my Tacoma! It's amazing how Tacoma's hold their value.

I need a truck more than a SC although I would like a V8.
Old 06-15-2016, 11:33 AM   #115
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Non GT owner - I considered buying a V8, but I think those guys are trying to over-compensate for something. I bought my little engine because I believe in "truth in advertising".

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I had to say it.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 12:28 PM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

That's funny I'm sensing more of an "inferiority" complex than "Superiority".

Old 06-15-2016, 12:43 PM   #117
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
Non GT owner - I considered buying a V8, but I think those guys are trying to over-compensate for something. I bought my little engine because I believe in "truth in advertising".

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I had to say it.

Quote:
That's funny I'm sensing more of an "inferiority" complex than "Superiority".

I'm living proof of that not being true๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Old 06-15-2016, 02:27 PM   #118
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
why did I get my V6...cause I kept my Tacoma! It's amazing how Tacoma's hold their value.

I need a truck more than a SC although I would like a V8.

Well the Tacoma had 150k on it and it was about to need a transmission. It was an X-runner model and I was the third owner at 40k miles. It had been repo'd when it was only a month old and who knows what it went through before I had it. So I was more than happy to get rid of it. I don't need a truck more than I need a SC ๐Ÿ˜ฌ. Plus I have a daily. The mustang is purely a toy for me now.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 04:27 PM   #119
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosariors3 View Post
I'm living proof of that not being true๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Maybe you misunderstand me I'm saying the V6 owners have an "inferiority" complex more so than the V8 owners having a "superiority " complex. They are the ones who seem to start most of these threads.

Old 06-15-2016, 04:33 PM   #120
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Maybe you misunderstand me I'm saying the V6 owners have an "inferiority" complex more so than the V8 owners having a "superiority " complex. They are the ones who seem to start most of these threads.

That's because V8 owners don't have to draw attention to themselves. Bwahahahahahaha!

It is evident I have nothing better to do at the moment. I'm picking on V6 cars and maybe a few 4s that has more power than my GT.

Old 06-15-2016, 04:51 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

My bad

Old 06-16-2016, 10:33 PM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I didn't bother reading all 4 pages of this thread after the first page so sorry if the subject changed somewhere in there. I just want to add my 2 cents.
I bought a used 2012 GT 2 years ago. I didn't buy it to be the best or fastest thing out there because I know it's not even with all the mods I've done. I bought it because I wanted a 5.0 in that particular year model and fell in love with it the second I saw it at the dealership. I take a huge amount of pride in my car and learned the hard way not to get cocky. That's the problem with a lot of guys that talk down on "smaller" models. They're not humble about what they have and think it's the best because they don't realize what else is out there. They don't push the limit and just take the easy races. I know of v6 cars that could runaway on a v8. From my experience the guys that do all the talk are the ones that haven't actually done anything and just want to show off what they can afford. All they guys I know from shows and meets (except for some corvette guys) truly respect everyone's car and what their idea of a car is. That's all this is about. What one person believes what a car should be compared to someone else's idea. I don't care if someone else doesn't like my car. I bought it because I love it and could afford it and I set it up the way I imagine a car should be. Someone else thinks a car, like a v6 mustang, is just the way it should be. I'm not rich by any means but I bought a 5.0 because I thought of it as the best deal for power. Why spend $50,000+ on a gt500 when you could get a coyote for $30,000 and drop a couple grand in it and beat a gt500 for less money in the end? Just my late night thoughts.
J Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 04:59 AM   #123
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
24 hours of lemons? How does that race work?

===========================================

Chevrolet Camaros racing Dodge Chargers/Challengers

RWS
2013 GT Premium (auto) Crystalline,factory 19โ€wheels, black rocker stripe & heat extractors, redline armrests, Silverhorse windows Polk/Infinity speakers, Dynamat GT500A-bcks 1963 Studebaker Avanti R2 Factory Supercharged still own1938 Studebaker President still own 1969 Mustang Coupe, 302 Blue (sold 1978)1966 Aurora Thunderjet 2+2 Fastback - yellow w/red stripes (owned since age 9)1968 HOT WHEELS Redline Mustang 2+2 Gold - owned since age 11
RWSRWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 12:45 PM   #124
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Vic View Post
I didn't bother reading all 4 pages of this thread after the first page so sorry if the subject changed somewhere in there. I just want to add my 2 cents.
I bought a used 2012 GT 2 years ago. I didn't buy it to be the best or fastest thing out there because I know it's not even with all the mods I've done. I bought it because I wanted a 5.0 in that particular year model and fell in love with it the second I saw it at the dealership. I take a huge amount of pride in my car and learned the hard way not to get cocky. That's the problem with a lot of guys that talk down on "smaller" models. They're not humble about what they have and think it's the best because they don't realize what else is out there. They don't push the limit and just take the easy races. I know of v6 cars that could runaway on a v8. From my experience the guys that do all the talk are the ones that haven't actually done anything and just want to show off what they can afford. All they guys I know from shows and meets (except for some corvette guys) truly respect everyone's car and what their idea of a car is. That's all this is about. What one person believes what a car should be compared to someone else's idea. I don't care if someone else doesn't like my car. I bought it because I love it and could afford it and I set it up the way I imagine a car should be. Someone else thinks a car, like a v6 mustang, is just the way it should be. I'm not rich by any means but I bought a 5.0 because I thought of it as the best deal for power. Why spend $50,000+ on a gt500 when you could get a coyote for $30,000 and drop a couple grand in it and beat a gt500 for less money in the end? Just my late night thoughts.
I appreciated the post and story. You will find as passionate V8 owners are on here the V6 owners are just as passionate. Owning a V6 is the same as owning your own home.

There are bigger and nicer homes but our home is our castle. It may be small but still our castle. The same goes for a mustang. V8 or not we love our mustang despite the amount of cylinders it has or has not. It's our castle. ๐Ÿ˜†

Old 06-17-2016, 12:51 PM   #125
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
^ good way to put it.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 12:58 PM   #126
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon View Post
^ good way to put it.
Thanks sir

Old 06-17-2016, 01:14 PM   #127
Registered Member
Regular

Everyone that stops me and tells me they like my car, they don't ask if it's a V8 or V6. There's a good reason Ford makes the Mustang in so many flavors, and that's a good thing!
scurfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 06:01 PM   #128
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurfie View Post
Everyone that stops me and tells me they like my car, they don't ask if it's a V8 or V6. There's a good reason Ford makes the Mustang in so many flavors, and that's a good thing!
I bet 90% of drivers don't give a crap about V8 or V6 and have no clue what's the difference. If the car looks good that's all that matters to 90% of the general population. They don't ask because they don't care other than it looks good.

Old 06-17-2016, 07:53 PM   #129
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
My first car was a 98 V6. What ever floats your boat is fine with me. But it got so old coming to red lights and around town with all of the V8 cars revving up and shaming you. I love my GT and will not go back. But money is the factor and for some it's not possible at the time.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:40 PM   #130
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurfie View Post
=================================================

THAT was the CONCEPT since 1964.5

at least someone GETS IT

RWS
2013 GT Premium (auto) Crystalline,factory 19โ€wheels, black rocker stripe & heat extractors, redline armrests, Silverhorse windows Polk/Infinity speakers, Dynamat GT500A-bcks 1963 Studebaker Avanti R2 Factory Supercharged still own1938 Studebaker President still own 1969 Mustang Coupe, 302 Blue (sold 1978)1966 Aurora Thunderjet 2+2 Fastback - yellow w/red stripes (owned since age 9)1968 HOT WHEELS Redline Mustang 2+2 Gold - owned since age 11
RWSRWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 09:15 PM   #131
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco3 View Post
My first car was a 98 V6. What ever floats your boat is fine with me. But it got so old coming to red lights and around town with all of the V8 cars revving up and shaming you. I love my GT and will not go back. But money is the factor and for some it's not possible at the time.

Many people just don't care if the V8 pulls next too, revs it's engine and tries to shame. It may get old for those people who are embarrassed about owning a V6 Mustang. Those are the weaker minded people who get shamed and care too much what society thinks.

When you get to be my old age (40's) you care a whole lot less. You just don't give a damn. Heck with people. I know my Mustang ain't anything compared to what's out there but too me, it's my castle. She's the baddest thing in my eyes. ๐Ÿ‘

Old 06-18-2016, 08:40 AM   #132
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I bet 90% of drivers don't give a crap about V8 or V6 and have no clue what's the difference. If the car looks good that's all that matters to 90% of the general population. They don't ask because they don't care other than it looks good.

Must be the newest generation of people.

Old 06-18-2016, 09:29 AM   #133
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
Must be the newest generation of people.

I believe you are right. Newest generation of humans

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT