Get out of your 5 point "OH" head - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-11-2016, 10:06 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Get out of your 5 point "OH" head

Ok, I'm sure I'll set off a 'fire storm' with this one but someone else started this by lobbing the "Why did you buy your V6 when you could've had a V8" thread (or something similar). But here goes: It's a big world out there and those that live only for the 5.0 (I don't think most who own a 5.0 fit this category but sadly some do), should realize that there's more to life! Moreover, that for most of the people in this world, a Mustang is simply not a possibility in their lives --- Much less a 5 point OH!........ There's just so much more out there to be excited about than just this wonderful engine as good as it is......... So if you have a 5.0, enjoy it - but don't look down your noses at those that choose other power for their beloved Mustangs................ As a quick side note here's something else Ford is doing right "for the REST of the world": 'Ford’s tiny yet powerful 1.0 litre EcoBoost engine has been voted best in class at the International Engine of the Year Awards for the fifth year in a row. Judges praised the combination of drivability, performance, economy, refinement and technology that continues to set the standard.' (source listed in the link)

Continued: 'The frugal three-cylinder EcoBoost engine was named “Best Engine Under 1.0-litre” by a panel of 65 automotive journalists, from 31 countries, to win in its class each and every year since it launched. This year the EcoBoost engine finished ahead of 32 competitor engines, 19 more than it competed against in 2012. Significantly, 2015 also saw an increase in competition from global automotive manufacturers of sub 1.0-litre, turbocharged engines with direct fuel injection.'

Now it's one thing to do the "Throw Down" on Chevy and Dodge (2 other competitors), but to beat 19 other competitors with something Ford did 5 years ago in today's fast paced world? JUST WOW!!!!

Ford wins best small engine ‘Oscar’ for fifth year running | Al Bawaba

WOW NOW THAT'S AMAAAAAZZZZZING!!!!!!

Now just to show I'm a true Mustang Fan - I saw a white 16', 5.0 convertible with white and red seats at the Dealer last week and had to wipe the slobber off the corner of my mouth!

But that's not the 'whole show in this life for me right now or I'd buy it', so 'Let the CARNAGE BEGIN!'

Sincerely - Camper "Proud 3.7 Owner"
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2016, 10:42 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Sounds like you're itching for a fight, too....which is kind of what you are saying others are doing. This is a zero sum game for everyone. I don't give a **** what you buy; if it makes you happy, I'm rooting for you.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 11:22 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I wasn't the original one with the itch. But I agree with your sentiment.
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2016, 11:27 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

The old "he started it" didn't work on your elementary school teacher and it hasn't worn well with age.....

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
Old 06-11-2016, 11:35 AM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
That little 3 cylinder engine has a great story linked to it. When an engineer wanted to take one of the first engine blocks from the USA to Europe, he carried it in his carry-on luggage.

And to the OP, I am happy that you are happy that this is such a GREAT little engine, and yes, it has won awards. I am sure that, for the little narrow streets, and for the little itty bitty cars in Europe, this engine does well.
For an 85 mph speed limit, four lane freeway, straight stretch in Nevada......give me the 5.0 every day, and thrice on Sunday.
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 12:09 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Agreed! I guess my point is this; some people put every dime and two more they haven't yet earned to buy a car (think 5.0, or BMW or Merc or whatever), then turn around like they're some 'heir apparent to the throne', which they are not, and then they proceed to look down their noses at the lesser of their species when the guy in the next lane could maybe buy 50 of what they own CASH MONEY, but they simply choose not to. Not knocking it if a car means everything to someone and they really take care of it, but don't start with the 'high horse' (pun intended) business. Nobody appreciates that.
Old 06-11-2016, 12:38 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I look at it this way: I need to afford more than to just buy the car. I need to maintain it through it's life. Could I push and buy an AMG Merc? Yeah but, $5000 brake jobs and a million special tools required for routine things puts it straight into full piss-off territory for me.

I can afford the Mustang GT easy, it has a huge aftermarket support base, and it's relatively cheap to maintain. Winner winner, chicken dinner whichever version you have, in my book.

Old 06-11-2016, 03:09 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Seems like you're a little mad that no one pays you any attention in a v6. It's very naive to think that your post is going to get anywhere or change anyone's mind. If I own a 5.0 I should take pride because someone can't afford it? No I own a GT and I'm dam proud of it. I don't talk down on others for not having a v8 because I frankly don't care about what others drive but be mindful I will always take pride in my car and if you think I'm on a "high horse" then it seems like you're a little upset at what I bought for the money that I earned. Same goes with a Lamborghini or Ferrari while we are here arguing about a v6 or a v8 they are probably laughing at us for what we drive and calling our cars weak. If you get a 4 banger expect everyone to give you crap, the v8s will always talk **** to the v6s, the shelbys will talk **** to v8s because of Hp. Then the lambos and ferraris will walk in and not even look in any of our directions. If you can't afford a higher HP car or don't care for it than why talk down on those who can and take pride in it?
Joaquin_ii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 03:15 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

No one's talking down on anyone from my camp. Just the opposite
Old 06-11-2016, 03:47 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Could've had a V8.

*slap yourself on the forehead*
Red_Menace11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 04:30 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I don't really understand the point of this thread, but I'll comment:

I think you may be confusing people being on their "high horse" or "looking down their noses" with instead, a lack of interest. Where I live, I see anywhere from ten to fifteen Mustangs every day on my commute to and from work in the summer. Maybe one or two of them are GT's, with an occasional GT500, and I even had a GT350 pass me the other day on the freeway - beautiful car!

My point being, V6 Mustangs are EVERYWHERE. Personally, I've never had any interest in an American muscle car, unless it had a V8. It's not to be "snooty", it's simply because I have no interest. My wife and I daily drive a Ram 1500 pickup and a Honda Accord. I never have people strike up conversations in parking lots, etc, to talk about how many mpg's my Honda Accord gets or about how much payload I can carry in the bed of my Ram pickup. I don't look down upon people for that either. Why? Because those vehicles are everywhere and nobody is interested.

Hodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 04:55 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Obviously someone is interested if they're everywhere!
Old 06-11-2016, 04:56 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
For me an American Muscle car has to have a V8 or I'm not interested. I don't look down at others that have these cars with other engines but they just are not cars that I would own. I'm glad that you like your V6. You should since that is what you bought.

If I couldn't have afforded the GT, I would not have bought a Mustang period.

My daily driver is a 4 cylinder Cavalier so I do own and drive a vehicle that doesn't have a V8.

Wayne
Old 06-11-2016, 05:26 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70monte View Post
For me an American Muscle car has to have a V8 or I'm not interested. I don't look down at others that have these cars with other engines but they just are not cars that I would own. I'm glad that you like your V6. You should since that is what you bought.

If I couldn't have afforded the GT, I would not have bought a Mustang period.

My daily driver is a 4 cylinder Cavalier so I do own and drive a vehicle that doesn't have a V8.

Wayne
This is my opinion also. An American Muscle Car is supposed to have a V8 or larger engine.

That is my opinion, you but what you want if it makes you happy.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 06:40 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
This thread is not only a lame topic filled with nothing that belongs in the GT area but I'm emberressed that someone would take there time to even write that. But I will feed in to the lameness and tell you that if you bought a v6 Pony (not worthy of being called Mustang) then you wanted to jump on forums and ask how you can make it perform like a GT, well why buy a pony v6 just to want a mans car? V8 GT. Makes no sense. If you like and want a v6 or your on the nutz of a 1.0 ecoboost then go buy it but don't bring it to the GT forum because WE DONT CARE!!!
2012 Grabber blue, Auto, Eibach pro street S coilovers, MM caster/camber plates, Borla ATAK cat back, off road X pipe, A.E.M CAI, SCT-x4 Mike Roush tune,SR LCA's, BMR Relocation brackets, J&M Pan hard bar, UPR Catch can, SVE 15x10's, Mickey T's 275-60-15.
grabber12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 06:43 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabber12 View Post
This thread is not only a lame topic filled with nothing that belongs in the GT area but I'm emberressed that someone would take there time to even write that. But I will feed in to the lameness and tell you that if you bought a v6 Pony (not worthy of being called Mustang) then you wanted to jump on forums and ask how you can make it perform like a GT, well why buy a pony v6 just to want a mans car? V8 GT. Makes no sense. If you like and want a v6 or your on the nutz of a 1.0 ecoboost then go buy it but don't bring it to the GT forum because WE DONT CARE!!!
We have to have someone to pick on

Old 06-11-2016, 06:50 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I think there's a FORUM for the Fiat 500 out there somewhere

RWSRWS

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2013 GT Premium (auto) Crystalline,factory 19”wheels, black rocker stripe & heat extractors, redline armrests, Silverhorse windows Polk/Infinity speakers, Dynamat GT500A-bcks 1963 Studebaker Avanti R2 Factory Supercharged still own1938 Studebaker President still own 1969 Mustang Coupe, 302 Blue (sold 1978)1966 Aurora Thunderjet 2+2 Fastback - yellow w/red stripes (owned since age 9)1968 HOT WHEELS Redline Mustang 2+2 Gold - owned since age 11
RWSRWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 06:51 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWSRWS View Post
I think there's a FORUM for the Fiat 500 out there somewhere

RWSRWS

Lol

Old 06-11-2016, 07:21 PM   #19
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Sad. I wonder what all the other car genres think of us when we don't even accept our own.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 07:24 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon View Post
Sad. I wonder what all the other car genres think of us when we don't even accept our own.
The Camaro and Challenger owners think the same way. In the end its amusing.

I don't actually reject anyone for what they drive. I enjoy bothering the whiners from time to time. I drive a slow 4.6 2v New Edge.

Old 06-11-2016, 07:57 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I don't see what the engine post has anything to do with sports cars, go tell a Porsche 918 owner that he made a terrible choice because he didn't pick the engine of the year.

Notice the amount of emotional distress between this thread and the one in the V6 forum. Says a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 08:33 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

😂😂😂 this guy just made this thread worth reading
Joaquin_ii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 10:11 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon View Post
Many find it quite amusing to watch. I certainly do. The level to which both groups have deluded themselves is ridiculous.

Proving to my fellow racers that the disdain that some GT drivers have for V6 drivers is unfounded, one results archive at a time since 2013.
jande063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 11:06 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Crazy that humans bash each other for not even what car they drive but for what engine is under the hood lol

2013 Premium Performance White

Bama 93 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripe, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows, all lights tinted

Last Mod: Bama 93 Race Tune

IG: chaznungaray

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Chaz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 11:32 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Smh...
LMS 93 Performance-3 Bar V4 tune-160*Tstat-SP534 plugs-Windstorm-H&R Exp Springs
LeoGTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 12:42 AM   #26
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

I cant believe these threads are a "thing".

Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kevin.cook2016/?hl=en
ZombieSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 01:12 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieSlayer View Post
I cant believe these threads are a "thing".
Yet you still responded and are amused.

Old 06-12-2016, 02:17 AM   #28
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Quote:
This thread is not only a lame topic filled with nothing that belongs in the GT area but I'm emberressed that someone would take there time to even write that.
I would be embarrassed that I spelled embarrassed like that. J/K.

What I'm embarrassed about is that there are so many POS Mustangs on the road. What some people think look good is scary. When I'm with my wife, and spot a bad one, I tell her "Yes, this car and that one are actually related".....sad.
'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel
TommyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 08:13 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Ya mean like this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	floaters.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	202333  

Old 06-12-2016, 08:19 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

...or this? V8 won't save either of these.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CarGods-5.0-Chicken-mustang-640x480.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	202334  

Old 06-12-2016, 10:09 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

It would not surprise me if that were actually a 24 Hours of Lemons car. People do some weird stuff to those cars.

Proving to my fellow racers that the disdain that some GT drivers have for V6 drivers is unfounded, one results archive at a time since 2013.
jande063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 11:01 AM   #32
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
^ what I was thinking.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 11:27 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
On a positive note: Car & Driver lists the Mustang as a sports car that does fairly well in the resale department. 61% return on investment. That made me smile!
scurfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 12:15 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
If you want to go talk about tiny little 3 cylinder engines and mystical 1.0 liter fuel efficient engines, I'm sure there is a little forum for that. Last time I checked this was called MUSTANG Evolution so what do you expect people to talk about?

dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 12:18 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by jande063 View Post
It would not surprise me if that were actually a 24 Hours of Lemons car. People do some weird stuff to those cars.

24 hours of lemons? How does that race work?

dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT