Sound clip with long tubes, Borla S type, no resonators. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-13-2016, 07:06 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Sound clip with long tubes, Borla S type, no resonators.

Posted a video the other week with the outlaws. Too much drone. We found a cheap pair of Borla S Type. No drone and sound way better than the Corsa Extreme's he had on before we tried the Outlaws.

DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2016, 08:01 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Borla for the win!
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 08:35 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Iv always been a borla fan boy from touring, stypes, to atak iv tried them all with my sixxers and now with my 5.0.. Borla all the way, I would pay for the price cos I know I got the best sounding exhaust out there.

2016 GT PREMIUM "RACE RED" >>>>>>>"raging bull" <<<<<<<<
Instagram: pinoy_stang5.0
YouTube: pinoy_stang
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2016, 07:50 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I agree 100%. I have the s type but looking for the touring now
buddyrich14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 11:47 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
If anyone is interested, I have a pair of Borla resonators 3" cut from my touring catback. Would need to be welded in. Only 12k miles on them.
Beviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 12:30 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Damn....you almost have to "try" to make the 5.0 sound bad. That's a sexy sound right there. I've thought about it but I just can't do the price for a Borla. I think I'm going to end up with a MBRP Race seris cat-back. Brand new the price is much more attractive
Old 06-15-2016, 01:30 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Exhaust and sound

I've got a 2006 GT and I'm considering exhaust. I'm 59 (yeah ancient) but remember the days when people were driving 68 Camaros, 442s, Mustangs, and Chevelles with headers and of course no cats. I remember the deep rumble from the motors back then and the noise. As I read these forums I get the sense that for the rumble you need not get the headers, though I've been thinking of Kooks long tubes, but it's the Xpipe and back that give the rumble. If a person was doing it in stages, what would be the best process and how much of a difference in noise, but level and tone would the headers bring to the table, or just doing Xpipe and back. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 01:48 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
Damn....you almost have to "try" to make the 5.0 sound bad. That's a sexy sound right there. I've thought about it but I just can't do the price for a Borla. I think I'm going to end up with a MBRP Race seris cat-back. Brand new the price is much more attractive

I am selling my s types. I love the sound but it's too loud now with my h pipe.
Old 06-15-2016, 02:07 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

It's hard to get that old school rumble on these cars. I have OEM headers and went with Borla 3" touring catback which comes with an X pipe. To my surprise, it wasn't really raspy sounding as I thought it would be and it was a good tolerable sound. Still, I liked the H pipe sound so bought an MRBP 3" H pipe and fit that in. Made a difference and I like it, but wouldn't say it's old school rumble, except on deceleration with back pressure the crackle n pop is more like old school burble. Tried getting a little more volume by cutting the resonators out but start up was obnoxious and even spirited acceleration was too much after a while. So I went back to the resonators. Imo, loud cars are for the track but that's just my .02.
Old 06-15-2016, 02:29 PM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:

Drone. You will want to shoot yourself in the face.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 02:34 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

No drone with the borla stingers. Selling for $500.00
Old 06-15-2016, 02:35 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyrich14 View Post
I am selling my s types. I love the sound but it's too loud now with my h pipe.
I'm going to get an H pipe as well. Think if I'm planing to do an H pipe I should maybe go for the MBRP Street cat-back instead of the race seeing as your S-Types got too loud?
Old 06-15-2016, 02:37 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beviking View Post
It's hard to get that old school rumble on these cars. I have OEM headers and went with Borla 3" touring catback which comes with an X pipe. To my surprise, it wasn't really raspy sounding as I thought it would be and it was a good tolerable sound. Still, I liked the H pipe sound so bought an MRBP 3" H pipe and fit that in. Made a difference and I like it, but wouldn't say it's old school rumble, except on deceleration with back pressure the crackle n pop is more like old school burble. Tried getting a little more volume by cutting the resonators out but start up was obnoxious and even spirited acceleration was too much after a while. So I went back to the resonators. Imo, loud cars are for the track but that's just my .02.
I agree. Loud doesnt make you faster, but I do want thay deep burbbly tone.
Old 06-15-2016, 02:42 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Drone. You will want to shoot yourself in the face.
Told you Fintile.. It will drone like crazy..

Old 06-15-2016, 03:13 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I want the borla touring. There have been some really good videos of h pipe and borla touring
Old 06-15-2016, 03:17 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I want the borla touring. There have been some really good videos of h pipe and borla touring
If you don't like loud then touring is good, I had the touring before and it was too quiet.. So decided to get the atak and it was too loud so finally got the stypes and it was perfect.. This is my second 's types and will never look back.. This is with the 4.0, 3.7 and now 5.0..

Old 06-15-2016, 03:25 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

This is the sound clip of it, this is literally right after I installed it..

https://youtu.be/dy55UdCLc70

Old 06-15-2016, 04:19 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
This is the sound clip of it, this is literally right after I installed it..

https://youtu.be/dy55UdCLc70

Sounds awesome. Their is nothing better than borla s type but I went with o/r H pipe and that made it too loud. But your set up sounds so freaking good it makes me second guess me wanting to change mine
Old 06-15-2016, 04:36 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm going to get an H pipe as well. Think if I'm planing to do an H pipe I should maybe go for the MBRP Street cat-back instead of the race seeing as your S-Types got too loud?
I seriously considered going MBRP catback but at the time there wasn't a lot of feedback on them for the S197. The price is good, already have the H pipe and I prefer MBRP tips over the rolled tips. Might give it a try some day. I would stick with street system.
Old 06-15-2016, 05:10 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Hold on, several reviews say there is drone around 2k rpms? That's what you're talking about ox & shunc. I hadn't read this system drones before. More reviews out now. I put a set of Flos Am thunder on the car, drove away for a cruise (1hr) and came back n took them off and sold them. Drone sucks!
Old 06-15-2016, 05:15 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hold on, several reviews say there is drone around 2k rpms? That's what you're talking about ox & shunc. I hadn't read this system drones before. More reviews out now. I put a set of Flos Am thunder on the car, drove away for a cruise (1hr) and came back n took them off and sold them. Drone sucks!
Drone sucks it will give you headache specially cruising in the hi way.. Iv searched and watched all videos for mbrp and most people that has them talks about drone.. Yeah there cheap but you get what you paid for and you'll end up selling them which most of the time is a lost and end up spending more.. Might as well settle for the best and have it for a long time.. Just my 2 cents..

Old 06-15-2016, 05:21 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Drone sucks it will give you headache specially cruising in the hi way.. Iv searched and watched all videos for mbrp and most people that has them talks about drone.. Yeah there cheap but you get what you paid for and you'll end up selling them which most of the time is a lost and end up spending more.. Might as well settle for the best and have it for a long time.. Just my 2 cents..

Absolutely agree! That's why I went with Borla.
Old 06-15-2016, 08:52 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Told you Fintile.. It will drone like crazy..

True, but drone on a V8 is different than on a V6. I've seen the MBRP video posted up where they take it out on the road. It doesn't seam too bad, plus I don't drive 60 mph. Plus I have 3.73 gears. So i will naturally sit at a higher rpm than the rest of you
might and where the MBRP drones I may not hear it as bad.

Quote:
Old 06-15-2016, 09:52 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Ok this guy has the MBRP Street exhaust...doesn't seem to drone for him...I think like most exhausts if you remove the cats they will drone. Any straight through or "race" exhaust will do that if you remove the cats. Look at the Roush for the V6. Sounds great until you remove the cats then it sounds like rice garbage.
https://youtu.be/_iRGoFkCPSM
Old 06-15-2016, 10:09 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You've gotta find them used. We got these s type for $350. The deals are out there for those that want them.

Instagram: @v6beast
Old 06-15-2016, 10:44 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
You've gotta find them used. We got these s type for $350. The deals are out there for those that want them.

I'm all for a deal, just hard to come by when you live in Massachusetts and the only forum you belong to is this one. Not many reasonable offers out there right now.
Old 06-16-2016, 07:58 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm all for a deal, just hard to come by when you live in Massachusetts and the only forum you belong to is this one. Not many reasonable offers out there right now.

Always search for the best deal. That how I came up with my listing price. I have also been searching all over for touring but no one is selling them
Old 06-16-2016, 08:52 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Check craigslist daily. That's where I've gotten 3 sets of S Types for my v6 for $200-250 then sold them for $500 on forums lol.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:54 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
Check craigslist daily. That's where I've gotten 3 sets of S Types for my v6 for $200-250 then sold them for $500 on forums lol.

i got a free one and sold it after.. lol...
Old 06-16-2016, 02:58 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Anyone know any other forums that are worth looking into for parts?

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Quote:
i got a free one and sold it after.. lol...
I remember that. Too funny
Old 06-16-2016, 03:28 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Wow. And I thought 500$ was a good price. Maybe I was wrong
Old 06-16-2016, 04:47 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Wow. And I thought 500$ was a good price. Maybe I was wrong
500 is NOT a good price even for Borlas. They are over priced brand new to begin with.
Old 06-16-2016, 04:57 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
500 is NOT a good price even for Borlas. They are over priced brand new to begin with.

In your opinion what other muffler would sound like the borla touring ? I am trying to quiet it up a little. The o/r h pipe made the s type too loud.
Old 06-16-2016, 05:43 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
In your opinion what other muffler would sound like the borla touring ? I am trying to quiet it up a little. The o/r h pipe made the s type too loud.
Most "Street" mufflers sound relatively the same, Borlas do sound good but the MagnaFlow Street series is a good quiet tone.
Old 06-23-2016, 02:28 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:
Ford Racing Sport sound something like Borlas.

From what i read made by Borla slightly different than actual Borlas.
WoodDA is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT