Bought my first Mustang... - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-01-2016, 08:20 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Nice car
I'd skip a roush axleback if you plan on doing the offroad X. It's loud but doesn't sound very good. You can be loud and still sound good.
Borlas and Corsas both sound very good and get very loud without cats.
noldevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2016, 08:31 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by noldevin View Post
Nice car
I'd skip a roush axleback if you plan on doing the offroad X. It's loud but doesn't sound very good. You can be loud and still sound good.
Borlas and Corsas both sound very good and get very loud without cats.
That's purely opinion, some people like the way it sounds some people don't. I think it sounds really good, I would say its up to the person to decide whether or not to like it. Borlas and Corsas however both also sound pretty good catless as well but again all opinion.
kaveh14GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 08:44 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaveh14GT View Post
That's purely opinion, some people like the way it sounds some people don't. I think it sounds really good, I would say its up to the person to decide whether or not to like it. Borlas and Corsas however both also sound pretty good catless as well but again all opinion.
A few people like it, but I think overwhelming opinion is that it is too raspy and obnoxious. I think the Roush ABs sound great if you have no other exhaust mods, but they get a raspy trumpet-like sound if you do pretty much anything else to the exhaust
noldevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2016, 08:51 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
I had the opportunity to hear the Roush axles backs on a catless car and it is very loud on these cars.

I think I'll start with a tune and a catless x-pipe and go from there. From all of the videos I've watched I cannot get a good base for what a car sounds like with the stock mufflers with the cats removed. Any input on that?

Thanks in advance!
five.ohhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 08:52 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by five.ohhh View Post
I had the opportunity to hear the Roush axles backs on a catless car and it is very loud on these cars.

I think I'll start with a tune and a catless x-pipe and go from there. From all of the videos I've watched I cannot get a good base for what a car sounds like with the stock mufflers with the cats removed. Any input on that?

Thanks in advance!
Doesn't really sound much louder or different than stock mid pipe/stock mufflers. Just a tad more volume (barely) and a little higher pitched.
kaveh14GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 09:25 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
Post #2 he's included pictures and has mod plans....you'll fit in well here.

Welcome to Mevo

Mud
Speaking of which...where are your pics?
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT