The Struggle - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-09-2016, 09:09 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

The Struggle

Hello all. I have the Raxiom CCFL halos, and I'm absolutely sick of the yellowish tint of the headlight (bulb) itself. I know you can't run over a 35w bulb in these housings, but is there anyway I can get a cool white appearance in there? I've tried the Raxiom LED conversion bulb, it didn't fit. I've also tried a halogen bulb claiming to be cool white, doesn't work either. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2016, 09:57 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
subd
Old 07-11-2016, 10:05 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Sylvania Silverstar zXe bulbs, if they make them in the right size.
noldevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2016, 01:48 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

The headlights or the halo fogs? I have the halo fogs and love the way they look but it's a different color than the stock headlights and running lights and one of them flickers at first when they come on now.. Wish somebody actually made quality halo fogs that would last and looked right

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
canesfan727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 02:48 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan727 View Post
Wish somebody actually made quality halo fogs that would last and looked right
Oracle makes a halo that you have to self-install on your stock foglights.
I did it and it wasn't too bad of an install and they are brighter than any of the other halo options. Been going strong over a year and a half now.
Old 07-12-2016, 05:03 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by noldevin View Post
Oracle makes a halo that you have to self-install on your stock foglights.
I did it and it wasn't too bad of an install and they are brighter than any of the other halo options. Been going strong over a year and a half now.

Interesting I have not heard of that. How much? Have any pictures?

Old 07-12-2016, 06:21 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
oracle is probably more pricey, diode dynamics would also be more pricey, they both make high quality custom lighting products.

Raxiom is just American Muscle's house brand or rebadged off-brand stuff. I have raxiom halo fogs and I'm still scared to install them lol
nate714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 08:12 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

You get what you pay for (or don't get what you don't pay for)
Old 07-13-2016, 01:50 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate714 View Post
oracle is probably more pricey, diode dynamics would also be more pricey, they both make high quality custom lighting products.

Raxiom is just American Muscle's house brand or rebadged off-brand stuff. I have raxiom halo fogs and I'm still scared to install them lol

Well I've had mine on a little over a year and my only complaint is they're not really the same as the headlights because they have a blue tint to them and one recently started flickering sometimes. Just always paranoid I'm riding around with one halo haha. In my onion they look pretty good Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1468392604.537189.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	203338

Old 07-13-2016, 03:14 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Well I've had mine on a little over a year and my only complaint is they're not really the same as the headlights because they have a blue tint to them and one recently started flickering sometimes. Just always paranoid I'm riding around with one halo haha. In my onion they look pretty good Attachment 203338

they look awesome, the hint of blue looks great, the flickering would scare me lol. One of these days I'll get around to putting mine on.
nate714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 11:36 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

The Struggle

Quote:
The headlights or the halo fogs? I have the halo fogs and love the way they look but it's a different color than the stock headlights and running lights and one of them flickers at first when they come on now.. Wish somebody actually made quality halo fogs that would last and looked right

The actual headlight bulb. I have Raxiom halo headlights and fogs and I'm tired of when I turn the actual headlight on, it being yellow compared to the halos being the whitish-bluish tint. My Raxiom fogs have lasted over a year now, no problems. I've never seen them flicker or anything (knock on wood). Although I also am always paranoid of riding with one on lol. When mine go out, I'll probably just go a whole different route.
Old 07-14-2016, 12:43 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama5OH View Post
The actual headlight bulb. I have Raxiom halo headlights and fogs and I'm tired of when I turn the actual headlight on, it being yellow compared to the halos being the whitish-bluish tint. My Raxiom fogs have lasted over a year now, no problems. I've never seen them flicker or anything (knock on wood). Although I also am always paranoid of riding with one on lol. When mine go out, I'll probably just go a whole different route.
Those silverstars are the only bulbs that will get you close without going for a full HID setup. Do not get an ebay kit and just throw the bulbs in, if you're going HID you need a proper projector for it. Stick with high end parts like Morimoto, Phillips, or Osram.
Old 07-14-2016, 01:15 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama5OH View Post

Yeah when mine go out I'll probably go with a different better brand for the halo fogs. They have a warranty but I'm always worried about them going out so its not even worth the trouble of dealing with raxiom. I like the halo fog look though cause nobody around here has that and I think it just looks mean

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT