2014 Grabber Blue GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-09-2016, 08:36 PM   #1

Region: California
2014 Grabber Blue GT

Yo fam, I picked up a 2014 Grabber Blue GT MT on July 3rd and I love it. I traded in my 2014 Hemi Charger AWD because i sort of fell in love at first sight. I have always loved mustangs and literally used to dream of rowing through gears in one some day. That day has come.

She's lowered (which i kind of hate because of where i live), has an exhaust, brembos up front, and maybe more to come...

This is my first manual car, ive had it for 6 days, and I have am definitely getting the hang of it.

I truly love being in my dream car and I couldnt be happier...

That said, I do have an issue... today I was on the free way and on 3 separate occasions I had my check engine light flash for about 10 seconds then go away. Each time i was in 5th gear at about 3500-4k rpms. The car didnt seem to stutter or lose any power or do anything weird. I have looked around this and other forums and read it is sort of common. Ill probably be taking her in to have it checked out pretty soon.
Blue Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2016, 09:20 PM   #2

Region: Florida
Ha congrats I also trade in my older hemi for a GT I know the feeling love at first sight lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
rlma84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2016, 09:36 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Steel View Post
Yo fam, I picked up a 2014 Grabber Blue GT MT on July 3rd and I love it. I traded in my 2014 Hemi Charger AWD because i sort of fell in love at first sight. I have always loved mustangs and literally used to dream of rowing through gears in one some day. That day has come.

She's lowered (which i kind of hate because of where i live), has an exhaust, brembos up front, and maybe more to come...

This is my first manual car, ive had it for 6 days, and I have am definitely getting the hang of it.

I truly love being in my dream car and I couldnt be happier...

That said, I do have an issue... today I was on the free way and on 3 separate occasions I had my check engine light flash for about 10 seconds then go away. Each time i was in 5th gear at about 3500-4k rpms. The car didnt seem to stutter or lose any power or do anything weird. I have looked around this and other forums and read it is sort of common. Ill probably be taking her in to have it checked out pretty soon.
Congrats on the new ride... Are you sure it's not the traction control that is on and not the check engine light just wondering..

2016 GT PREMIUM "RACE RED" >>>>>>>"raging bull" <<<<<<<<
Instagram: pinoy_stang5.0
YouTube: pinoy_stang
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2016, 09:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlma84 View Post
Ha congrats I also trade in my older hemi for a GT I know the feeling love at first sight lol

That does look pretty familiar lol

Old 07-09-2016, 09:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
Congrats on the new ride... Are you sure it's not the traction control that is on and not the check engine light just wondering..

Very sure my friend. The things I was reading said it was most likely the engine miss firing. Why it would be doing that at 17k miles blows my mind though
Old 07-09-2016, 10:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Very sure my friend. The things I was reading said it was most likely the engine miss firing. Why it would be doing that at 17k miles blows my mind though
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post

Just went for another drive, and now the check engine light is definitely on... wonderful
Old 07-09-2016, 11:19 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Does the car have any mods under the hood? And what kind of exhaust work? I'm wondering if the previous owner had a tune (assuming the extent of the mods on the vehicle required one), returned it to stock tune before trading it in.

Instagram: @v6beast
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 11:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
Does the car have any mods under the hood? And what kind of exhaust work? I'm wondering if the previous owner had a tune (assuming the extent of the mods on the vehicle required one), returned it to stock tune before trading it in.

Im not sure, I bought it from dealer with an extended warrenty. They told me they will service the vehicle as it was on the date of purchase, including all of the modifications. I think it just has some mufflers on it, nothing too crazy. The engine looks stock as can be. It also still falls under the ford factory warrenty, so I have really no doubt in my mind that it will be covered by those
Old 07-10-2016, 05:17 AM   #9

Region: New York
Quote:
Im not sure, I bought it from dealer with an extended warrenty. They told me they will service the vehicle as it was on the date of purchase, including all of the modifications. I think it just has some mufflers on it, nothing too crazy. The engine looks stock as can be. It also still falls under the ford factory warrenty, so I have really no doubt in my mind that it will be covered by those
Any chance the car has exhaust work like headers, x pipe, or a CAI? If so the previous owner may have removed the tune before trading car in and now you are getting a check engine light. Just a thought. If that is the case a new tune should solve the problem. Just a thought.
imeyers302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 10:08 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by imeyers302 View Post
Any chance the car has exhaust work like headers, x pipe, or a CAI? If so the previous owner may have removed the tune before trading car in and now you are getting a check engine light. Just a thought. If that is the case a new tune should solve the problem. Just a thought.
honestly its possible they used to have a tune, im really not sure. Im going to call today and set up and appointment to have em check it out
Old 07-10-2016, 10:41 AM   #11

Quote:
At 17k miles should still be under factory warranty any ways

Old 07-10-2016, 11:00 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlma84 View Post

That parking tho..
Joaquin_ii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 12:43 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joaquin_ii View Post
That parking tho..
Got a blame the wife for that one I was at dealer starting the paper work while she went home picked the car up

Old 07-11-2016, 07:45 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Welcome! It's to bad you have run into this problem so soon, don't let it ruin the experience. I have 27,000 mile on my 2013 and have about 20+ road course track days (Laguna seca, thunder hill, etc.) and have not had an issue. I am actually surprised on the reliability the car has had. I have had it tuned for a year now and repeatedly revved over 7k and not so much as a hiccup.

Hopefully the dealer fixes it and your on your way to enjoying the beast.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
bluey lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 08:35 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
There's a tsb out for this. I had the same issue. They have to add an o ring to one of the sensors and it fixes the check engine light issue. Google it and find the exact tsb and take it to ford it took less then an hour.

Seanp94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 08:44 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanp94 View Post
There's a tsb out for this. I had the same issue. They have to add an o ring to one of the sensors and it fixes the check engine light issue. Google it and find the exact tsb and take it to ford it took less then an hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluey lewis View Post
Welcome! It's to bad you have run into this problem so soon, don't let it ruin the experience. I have 27,000 mile on my 2013 and have about 20+ road course track days (Laguna seca, thunder hill, etc.) and have not had an issue. I am actually surprised on the reliability the car has had. I have had it tuned for a year now and repeatedly revved over 7k and not so much as a hiccup.

Hopefully the dealer fixes it and your on your way to enjoying the beast.

I truly hope you good men are correct. I would be lying if i said i didnt look up lemon laws already... I was instantly sour about it.
When I dropped the car off today I ran into the salesman who sold me the car. Super cool dude, a car guy, he understood my dream of the car. He instantly asked what was up, why i was there, to call if i needed anything, etc. I also got a free rental (-$18 for coverage) due to my extended warranty. So I was taken care of which was nice. Sadly the Focus I picked up can barely get up a hill with out shaking lol
Old 07-11-2016, 10:11 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

2014 Grabber Blue GT

Quote:
I truly hope you good men are correct. I would be lying if i said i didnt look up lemon laws already... I was instantly sour about it.
When I dropped the car off today I ran into the salesman who sold me the car. Super cool dude, a car guy, he understood my dream of the car. He instantly asked what was up, why i was there, to call if i needed anything, etc. I also got a free rental (-$18 for coverage) due to my extended warranty. So I was taken care of which was nice. Sadly the Focus I picked up can barely get up a hill with out shaking lol

Go back and ask for a focus ST rental!

DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 10:24 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
Go back and ask for a focus ST rental!

haha i asked for the RS or a gt350, both requested were met with a "sure" but no follow through...
Old 07-12-2016, 07:10 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Like many have already said it could have been a tune/exhaust issue but I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination I'm just going based off my experience. I had a 2014 V6 for a year and put 7K miles on it with no problems at all. Traded that in for a 5.0 with 27 miles when I bought it and now at 30K with no problems (knock on wood) I just recently had a high flow catted h pipe installed to go along with my Roush axle backs and also a Bama tune uploaded and have been driving on it for like 250 miles and it seems to be running perfectly thus far. Hopefully your problem is just something small that can be resolved easily because it truly is an awesome car! I love driving my 5.0 every day lol
kaveh14GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 07:37 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Bought mine and had the emission light pop on about halfway into my 60 mile drive home, terrible feeling to have just got your dream car then see one of those damn lights pop on. In the end, the CAI which was installed on the car was a model which requires a tune. So during that process I bought a used stock CAI on eBay for about 80 bucks then got the part I needed for the aftermarket CAI without needing a tune. No more light. Hope you get things sorted out soon.

KnightRider36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 06:36 PM   #21

Welp, turns out everyone in here was right. As we all suspected it was the missfiring issue/O-ring replacement. I drove home and honestly the car felt a lot smoother than before. And down shifting to pass people was heavenly...

That was quite the introduction to the mustang world... Lets see where it goes from here
Old 07-13-2016, 07:43 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
That's the thing with buying these cars used...You just never know what's been done, not done, or how it has been treated.

That said, this was a simple fix, done for free and shouldn't diminish the experience. Every car has something. Wait til you get your airbag recall notice in the mail, like millions of other people over dozens of car brands.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 08:39 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
That's the thing with buying these cars used...You just never know what's been done, not done, or how it has been treated.

That said, this was a simple fix, done for free and shouldn't diminish the experience. Every car has something. Wait til you get your airbag recall notice in the mail, like millions of other people over dozens of car brands.

---------- Post added at 06:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 AM ----------

they changed one of my air bags yesterday also, then told me another part would be coming near the end of the year lol
Old 07-13-2016, 09:58 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Glad it was a simple fix! Knock on wood, I have had no issues with mine yet except for a leaking wheel which Saleen replaced, I have 22k on it now. Love the Grabber Blue also, not a lot of our color around, I have only seen three in my area.
Jbone007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT