Help with Paxton purchase - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-14-2016, 10:03 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Help with Paxton purchase

So I'm buying a Paxton 2200 tuner kit witch is just the Paxton system pretty much and was wondering to make that kit complete do I only need a boost a pump ,thermostat, spark plugs, and injectors is that it other then the tune

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
sonicblewgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2016, 10:33 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Where are you getting? I got the beef cake racing package. When you get that and use those as add ons it is pretty reasonable. I did got with:

JMS boost a pump
Brisk +1 Plugs
upgraded clamps
thermostat
upgraded BOV

LOVE it. and great price. I would warm the extra loud BOV is VERY loud so caution with that. I also got the Boss stuff but if you dont have no worries there. Lund was great with tune that came with it
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 11:15 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterlingbeast5.0 View Post
Where are you getting? I got the beef cake racing package. When you get that and use those as add ons it is pretty reasonable. I did got with:

JMS boost a pump
Brisk +1 Plugs
upgraded clamps
thermostat
upgraded BOV

LOVE it. and great price. I would warm the extra loud BOV is VERY loud so caution with that. I also got the Boss stuff but if you dont have no worries there. Lund was great with tune that came with it

Went the same exact route but with a Vortech V3si and am in love. I LOVE the upgraded BOV. The looks I get are priceless. But I second this, Beefcake is the way to go, terry Reeves is the man, and make sure you go with Lund for tuning.

2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2016, 01:46 PM   #4
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Buying a tuner kit and piecing the rest together is almost always more expensive than just buying the complete kit. For the Coyote the Vortech is supposed to be better as well.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda build #48. Bolt ons, suspension, Novi 2000.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 01:48 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Buying a tuner kit and piecing the rest together is almost always more expensive than just buying the complete kit. For the Coyote the Vortech is supposed to be better as well.

^

Old 07-14-2016, 07:05 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I'm getting it from beefcake as well and I'm just getting the spark plugs bap and injectors and I'm getting it dyno tuned did any of you make 600+hp and have to get a fuel pump as well if so which one

Old 07-14-2016, 07:18 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicblewgt View Post
I'm getting it from beefcake as well and I'm just getting the spark plugs bap and injectors and I'm getting it dyno tuned did any of you make 600+hp and have to get a fuel pump as well if so which one

I haven't gotten mine dyno'd yet, and I may not. If I do I'll report the numbers. I figure I'm probably around 550ish

Old 07-14-2016, 07:24 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Did you get a aftermarket fuel pump or no did you get the id1000 injectors

Attached Files
There was an error processing this video...
Old 07-15-2016, 07:07 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Did you get a aftermarket fuel pump or no did you get the id1000 injectors

I do have stock Fuel Pump but did go with the ID1000 injectors that come with the beefcake kit.

I only did a mobile Dyno at a show. I had them cap at 6,900 rpm as it made me nervous up on a stage lol. I got to 600rwhp
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Old 07-15-2016, 09:22 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I do have stock Fuel Pump but did go with the ID1000 injectors that come with the beefcake kit.

I only did a mobile Dyno at a show. I had them cap at 6,900 rpm as it made me nervous up on a stage lol. I got to 600rwhp

And your car is doing fine with stock fuel pump

Old 07-15-2016, 09:39 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
And your car is doing fine with stock fuel pump

fuel pump and coil are good for a LARGE number on these engines according to numerous people at Lund and Beefcake. This is exactly what I got. Keep in mind I did have Boss intake so that added some cost. Considering what you get its an awesome price and good customer service. I LOVE AM and tried to get a price match but just didn't work out.

I only went Paxton over Vortech (same company anyway) because the Paxton is a bigger head unit so can make same HP with slightly less boost and if forged up can go slightly higher in HP. That said they are the EXACT same kits except the head unit.

I would save any other money for mods with drivetrain and suspension.
Old 07-15-2016, 09:40 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

forgot to add this lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	203387  
Old 07-15-2016, 10:18 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
fuel pump and coil are good for a LARGE number on these engines according to numerous people at Lund and Beefcake. This is exactly what I got. Keep in mind I did have Boss intake so that added some cost. Considering what you get its an awesome price and good customer service. I LOVE AM and tried to get a price match but just didn't work out.

I only went Paxton over Vortech (same company anyway) because the Paxton is a bigger head unit so can make same HP with slightly less boost and if forged up can go slightly higher in HP. That said they are the EXACT same kits except the head unit.

I would save any other money for mods with drivetrain and suspension.

Oh ok so no need for the fuel pump really and same Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1468599441.420706.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	203388
This is what I've got so far and a dyno tune

Old 07-20-2016, 11:25 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
You don't need the fuel pump unless you're making more than about 650 to 700 hp. I have the Paxton with the 3.6 pulley, and I made 647 to the wheels. I believe the base 3.8 will definitely get you 600 but not to much more. Any more power than 650 I'd start changing beefing up drivetrain parts and opg's
BlackCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT