Replacing Eibach coil overs for the 3rd time - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-22-2016, 11:28 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Angry Replacing Eibach coil overs for the 3rd time

Some of you might have read my past posts about the issues I've had with the Eibach pro street S system sense day one. Well I am on my 2nd set of coil overs and they are leaking AGAIN. I called Eibach for yet another replacement set for the front. so far this time they have made this proses nice and easy and its only costing me about 100 dollars. I cant say the same about the past times I've called. I don't see how some of you have the same Eibach's with no issues. My car drives only on local roads here in southern California, This will be the 3rd set within 10k miles, My car only has 14k miles total. Some who read this might think that my car is some beater that I abuse and I'm jumping it off curbs or what not but the truth is this car is like NEW and is a garage queen. So here I am again with issues and I'm not willing to think that maybe I got a bad set (now 2 waiting for 3rd) I will be posting some pics soon so you can see how bad the leaks are. Driver side is a little wet but the passenger side is a full blown mess that drips. Stay tuned........
2012 Grabber blue, Auto, Eibach pro street S coilovers, MM caster/camber plates, Borla ATAK cat back, off road X pipe, A.E.M CAI, SCT-x4 Mike Roush tune,SR LCA's, BMR Relocation brackets, J&M Pan hard bar, UPR Catch can, SVE 15x10's, Mickey T's 275-60-15.
grabber12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2016, 07:30 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
3 times? I would say get your warranty replacements and sell them, get yourself some better quality suspension parts.
noldevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2016, 09:20 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

This is how bad it leaks.
2012 Grabber blue, Auto, Eibach pro street S coilovers, MM caster/camber plates, Borla ATAK cat back, off road X pipe, A.E.M CAI, SCT-x4 Mike Roush tune,SR LCA's, BMR Relocation brackets, J&M Pan hard bar, UPR Catch can, SVE 15x10's, Mickey T's 275-60-15.
Old 07-22-2016, 09:46 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Ouch sorry to hear about that...curious how long is there warranty?
Slick953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 10:13 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

1 year
Old 07-22-2016, 10:14 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by noldevin View Post
3 times? I would say get your warranty replacements and sell them, get yourself some better quality suspension parts.
Cheap coilovers are scary. They perform markedly worse than the factory equipment (which let's face it, is pretty tough to do on the mustang, since suspension timing has never been Ford's forte), and regularly require rebuild (looking at you KW V3) or replacement.

About the only thing I have had decent luck with in that price range is the Ground Control sleeves on Koni Yellows. It will be interesting to see how customer support through Koni changes though, since Lee has moved on to greener pastures.

Proving to my fellow racers that the disdain that some GT drivers have for V6 drivers is unfounded, one results archive at a time since 2013.
jande063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 11:43 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by grabber12 View Post
Some of you might have read my past posts about the issues I've had with the Eibach pro street S system sense day one. Well I am on my 2nd set of coil overs and they are leaking AGAIN. I called Eibach for yet another replacement set for the front. so far this time they have made this proses nice and easy and its only costing me about 100 dollars. I cant say the same about the past times I've called. I don't see how some of you have the same Eibach's with no issues. My car drives only on local roads here in southern California, This will be the 3rd set within 10k miles, My car only has 14k miles total. Some who read this might think that my car is some beater that I abuse and I'm jumping it off curbs or what not but the truth is this car is like NEW and is a garage queen. So here I am again with issues and I'm not willing to think that maybe I got a bad set (now 2 waiting for 3rd) I will be posting some pics soon so you can see how bad the leaks are. Driver side is a little wet but the passenger side is a full blown mess that drips. Stay tuned........
go with fatcatmotorsports. Worth every penny.
Koni STR's
Air Raid CAI
Borla axlebacks
ShatterPoints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:22 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Note to self: Avoid Eibach coil overs...

They are better known for their springs anyway.
MGW, Blow Fish, AM Hood Struts
Tinted, Borla Touring AB, ProCal Tune
Full Shelby/Kicker Audio Upgrade
WJBertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 04:19 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I'm living proof.
Old 07-28-2016, 02:28 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

So when you have a problem with your Eibach junk they send you remanufactured replacements (fine whatever no big deal). They want the leaking product back so they can "inspect it" and then tell me if its still under warranty. If it is under warranty they refund a deposit that I gave them of 100$. Here's the catch, They make me/us pay for the shipping of the bad product to go back to them for the "inspection". I can tell you right now they will say it is not covered so my money will not be returned and after I fork out the shipping for a bad product to go back to them they will fix it for about 5 dollars in seals and sale it to the next chump for another 100+ and the cycle starts over. I love paying for shipping for there core.
Old 08-02-2016, 09:59 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Well I must say I'm happy this time with the customer service. I was expecting the worst and they refunded all my money expect for the shipping. Let's hope this 3rd set holds up.
Old 08-06-2016, 02:05 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
How many miles are you averaging between sets?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 07:20 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Well the setup was installed at about 4000 miles I think and this is set #3 and the car has 14460 miles on it now. So I would say they last 3300. Or in my case every oil change lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT