Front wheels spinning when jacked up - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-25-2016, 06:02 AM   #36

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
I am quite competent and capable in sustaining myself. The only worry I would have in a world disaster is disease and other people.

Then again, I grew up hunting, camping, fishing, etc. Most of the men in my family are also Marines.

I didn't grow up in the "smart phone" society though. I remember when the internet was first introduced. I remember dial up. I had once of the first bag phones, and then a phone actually mounted in my car.

I stayed in this magical place called "outside" with my friends. We rode bikes and skateboards. We did freestyle and built our own ramps. A visit to the ER meant we were dying.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
If only we could live in that world again.
imeyers302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2016, 08:40 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellish Horse View Post
For the car's sake please don't try changing the brake fluid by yourself. You'll have the lines full of air & you might kill someone.
I have done my own brake work, on my cars and motorcycles. Thank you for your concern, but honestly bleeding brake fluid is not difficult to do correctly.

scurfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 09:13 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
It can be tricky on ABS vehicles like this. Thankfully this car is no BMW, that requires a special tool for everything. Still, it can be a challenge to fully replace the fluid and bleed all the air out. I use a power bleeder myself.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2016, 11:57 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurfie View Post
I have done my own brake work, on my cars and motorcycles. Thank you for your concern, but honestly bleeding brake fluid is not difficult to do correctly.
I think he was making the point to BlackCoyote not Scurfie. I believe the point was if BlackCoyote was at such an early stage of learning to change brakes, it's one thing to do a pad swap, but an entirely different thing to bleed calipers and brake lines.
"All the options baby!"
medwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 02:16 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
I recommend this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Shop-Class-So.../dp/1594202230

or, the Wisdom of the Hands, an essay by Doug Stowe

as inspiration to all who understand the value of hands-on work.

I spent most of the last 15 years teaching shop classes and ended that journey teaching automotive and woodworking to alternate ed kids. I really do miss the work and the kids from time to time. Of late, I've been struck down with severe inflammatory arthritis and, for the first time in my life, I can't do these things I love so much. I struggle with this mightily as something that has defined my life for over 35 years is gone, for who knows how long, maybe forever.

While my drag bike sits, I'm still making my way to the track with my car and shooting loads of nitrous through it so, all is not lost but, anyone who's out there doing their own work, I commend you. Be safe, learn before you touch things but, I congratulate you on taking a risk few seem willing to these days.
It's nice to find a fellow drag bike racer.

Revvv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 02:49 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

I have a 2007 GSXR 1000, running a 8 over stretch with a 40 shot of nitrous on top of the motor. A nice simple 9 sec package. I'm going to put 1" riser clip ons on it and drop the pegs for when I get healthy again.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
Old 07-25-2016, 02:58 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by medwards View Post
I think he was making the point to BlackCoyote not Scurfie. I believe the point was if BlackCoyote was at such an early stage of learning to change brakes, it's one thing to do a pad swap, but an entirely different thing to bleed calipers and brake lines.
It's still good advice. Air in a brake system is a recipe for disaster.
scurfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 03:02 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have a 2007 GSXR 1000, running a 8 over stretch with a 40 shot of nitrous on top of the motor. A nice simple 9 sec package. I'm going to put 1" riser clip ons on it and drop the pegs for when I get healthy again.
I would love another bike. I kept my Hayabusa at the stock length and naturally aspirated (engine and heads were heavily modified. Bored, stroked, ported polished, etc). I still pushed low 8 sec times.

Nothing like a grudge bike. In fact, I owned grudgebike.com

Old 07-25-2016, 08:12 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Rhode Island
Front brakes spinning

I commented a couple days ago and I must apologize seeing that I sincerely thought the question about the "front tires turning while trying to loosen the lug nuts" was a joke. I read some of the other replies and I'm thinking it was an honest question so again I apologize for telling the subscriber to have his neighbor help him out !!
SolarFlarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 01:42 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarFlarin View Post
I commented a couple days ago and I must apologize seeing that I sincerely thought the question about the "front tires turning while trying to loosen the lug nuts" was a joke. I read some of the other replies and I'm thinking it was an honest question so again I apologize for telling the subscriber to have his neighbor help him out !!

...but I thought it was hilarious. I laughed.

I am all for helping people. I will normally go out of my way to do things for others. However, there is comedy to be found in reality.

Follow me around for a day. I will ask questions people think are dumb, do things that make no sense, and screw up. You cannot beat yourself up over a mistake, or a question. Failure is the time measured between success. Stop and laugh at yourself at times, life is less stressful that way, and you move greater distances.
Old 07-31-2016, 12:06 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
I don't, it was probably near on to 35 years ago. What's missing these days, among many smartphone addicted, are what I call "grandfather skills". There was a basic mechanical competency many more people possessed. They could change a tire, fix a toilet, change a stove element, get a lawnmower started, etc.

If the apocalypse happens tomorrow, the survivors are ****ed, because no one can do anything anymore.

Yes but kids nowadays have 1000 times more experience shooting zombies [in video games] than any of us ever had lol

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 12:19 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

I've been practising since the original Castle Wolfenstein days so, I'm old but, I'm covered there, I think, lol...and I can fix an engine, too!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT