H-Pipes - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-03-2016, 03:34 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
H-Pipes

I know there's a lot of subjectiveness on which setup sounds best. With that said is there a big tone difference between aftercat H-Pipes from different brands?
I have pype bombs and like how loud they are but I'm trying to cut out some of the rasp..maybe Mac prochamber, heartthrob flow pack cat-to-axle, or mbrp xp series h-pipe?

Any input would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
5.Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2016, 12:08 PM   #2

Region: Arizona
I think the pro chamber would do better than a regular H. or swap out your pypes for magnaflows.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk
Cardweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2016, 01:15 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
No subjectiveness, H pipe sounds better, that's y they come w one from the factory! Haha.
I can't imagine any H pipe sounds different from another enough to be able tell the difference. The Mac Pro chamber is a little different since it's a chamber (from my understanding) so there is more volume in it than the H piece of pipe. I almost went with the Mac but if I remember correctly, they don't offer a true 3". I have a Borla 3" touring catback which came with an X pipe, switched out the X for a MBRP H pipe. Honestly I could've lived with the Borla X on that system, it's nice, some rasp but so much more mellow than other systems I've heard. The H pipe gives a little more rumble, especially with back pressure when downshifting.
I think the Mac Pro chamber is seriously worth considering though.
'12GT Premium, Roush TVS & BAP, VMP, 82mm pulley,JLT CAI & Catch Can, Eiback Sports, Steeda Cambers & Adj UCA, Adj panhard & Brace, LCAs, Relo Brackets, Diff Bushing, Ford Racing Diff Cover, Axle Catch Can, 3.73, Shaftmasters DS, MGW, BG Syncrp II, Blowfish Shifter Support Bracket & Safety Loop, Trans Mount Insert, MBRP 3" H pipe, Borla 3" Touring Pipes/Axlebacks, BlackCat Gauge Face, Boss Lower Fascia, High Flow GT Grill Insert
Beviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2016, 01:44 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Thanks guys
I looked into the macs and it seems they have some quality issues and you were right they don't offer a 3".
Beviking how do you like the mbrp?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
5.Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 06:37 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I like it! Really good quality, clamps that came with it are beefy. I'd definitely buy MBRP products again. Actually, thought about trying a set of their Axlebacks but read there may be drone. No drone w borlas.
'12GT Premium, Roush TVS & BAP, VMP, 82mm pulley,JLT CAI & Catch Can, Eiback Sports, Steeda Cambers & Adj UCA, Adj panhard & Brace, LCAs, Relo Brackets, Diff Bushing, Ford Racing Diff Cover, Axle Catch Can, 3.73, Shaftmasters DS, MGW, BG Syncrp II, Blowfish Shifter Support Bracket & Safety Loop, Trans Mount Insert, MBRP 3" H pipe, Borla 3" Touring Pipes/Axlebacks, BlackCat Gauge Face, Boss Lower Fascia, High Flow GT Grill Insert
Beviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT