Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Airbag recall ?

11K views 157 replies 45 participants last post by  5LHO 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone elses dealership handled the airbags the same. I had to get on a waitlist for it and have had them for a while. 2 weeks ago I got a call while at work and message was left saying they need my serial number from airbag. I had forgot about it and got a letter saying I have to make an appointment by the 9th to drop car off for them. Is it just my dealership that is stupid and didnt get the number prior to letting me go? I go to school and work and honestly dont feel like waiting/spending time for them to get something they should have already gotten.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#115 ·
It takes 30min - 60min depending on the skill of the tech. No more... 3 hours is utterly ridiculous.

#117 ·
They took 1.5 hours on mine but that was with the check in, free 20 point inspection, air bag recall and a wash/vacuum. Cant complain - wish they had popcorn or something but water was fine and I got to look at a bad *** 2012 GT with only 30k miles (a real gem). Wish I could trade up but school for my wife and I is more important right now when it comes to expenses.

#118 ·
Just had mine done about 2 weeks ago. Dealer told me 3 hours. When I went to schedule they said only had a few left for my car (2012 GT). Seems fine but I think I have a couple extra scratches, not positive bought it used year ago. Albuquerque NM. Definitely not high humidity area.

#127 ·
Back in Dec. 2016 I got a post card about the bags in my 2014 GT. I went in to tell them I couldn't bring it in till Spring as the car is in storage till the weather here in Wis. breaks. He said no problem we don't have the parts anyhow!! Why do they send out the postcard?

#128 ·
Haha who knows??
I bought my car at auction (it was sent from the dealer in California).
(i haven't been to any dealership here...)
There's a Ford dealer 2 minutes away from the one. The other Ford dealer in town phoned one day last spring & said my airbags were recalled & I dropped it off the next day.
2 days later, i got a letter from Ford saying the airbags were recalled & i should phone a dealer.
How the dealership got my info, i have ZERO clue.
Still waiting to get the passenger side bag replaced though...

#135 ·
I received letters from Ford about the airbag issue since June 2016. A month ago got a notice that my airbag was in at a dealer about 2 hours away. Needless to say I didn't drive that far. My local Ford dealer put me on their list this past Friday.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#137 ·
Just got my notice for the passenger side to be done. Not the notice to come in but the recall notice. So it'll probably be a year or so before that gets done but oh well.

Not sure if I mentioned this before but the Mechanic at my Ford Dealer advised me that Ford is making their own replacements. Otherwise it could of been longer before the driver side was done. Just an FYI if anyone was curious where they are getting the replacements from.

I'm sure they are not made in the states but it is being manufactured by Ford now.

#140 ·
It only took them about 35 minutes to do mine. I noticed that there are no stickers on the car saying that a recall was done nor did I get any paperwork saying it was done. I have no proof at all. I know in the past with my GM vehicles, they would put a little sticker under the hood with the recall # on it. Anyone else get any paperwork or proof that the recall was done?

Wayne

#141 ·
I got a receipt with the part number of the new airbag but I've never had any stickers put on the car indicating a recall was done. Regardless Ford tracks it by vin so I'm sure if you had a potential buyer if you were selling they could call Ford to confirm. My dealership actually wouldn't even order the part without my vin number.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#142 ·
Go to the ford owner website & register if you haven't already. Once logged in, it will list your car & it's recall status.

You can print the page that shows the car, vin# and recall completed details.

#147 ·
Well I live in Puerto Rico. Perhaps they have to order the parts. Or maybe they're just super slow. Mine had both driver and passenger air bag recalls. I don't understand why I had to leave it at the lot if they don't have the parts on hand. It just exposes my car to scratches and dings.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.