Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Airbag recall ?

11K views 157 replies 45 participants last post by  5LHO 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone elses dealership handled the airbags the same. I had to get on a waitlist for it and have had them for a while. 2 weeks ago I got a call while at work and message was left saying they need my serial number from airbag. I had forgot about it and got a letter saying I have to make an appointment by the 9th to drop car off for them. Is it just my dealership that is stupid and didnt get the number prior to letting me go? I go to school and work and honestly dont feel like waiting/spending time for them to get something they should have already gotten.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#3 ·
Haven't called on it since it seemed to be such a long wait. I'm hoping I can take mine in and exchange it, lol.

#4 ·
I actually just took mine into the dealership today. Told them I was in for the recall service and they took care of it in about 20 mins.

Prior to today, I had called and asked about getting it done at a different dealership and they told me there was a waiting list and gave me the run around of why it couldn't be done at the time. If I were you I'd try a different dealership in your area. Just me .02

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#5 ·
That's interesting. I wonder if you ask for something in writing stating they had to make you wait, if that would change things?

#6 ·
I just called my nearest dealership and they told me it would be about 2 weeks after they ordered the part to get it. 2 weeks later I called back and they said part was in and we scheduled a time.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#8 ·
The dealer that i went to to get a spare key phoned me on Monday, made the appointment for Wednesday; I dropped it off, went to work, & it was done (how long it took 'em, I dunno,)
On Thursday, i got the recall letter;
& this Tuesday, i got the letter about the Passenger side, but parts aren't available.

Umm, why r u wasting time on here, when you should be getting me a birthday present?!
wakey, wakey!

#15 ·
location will also determine order...ie FL before AZ for humidity reasons.

fwiw when I did mine I had been told they had been in for 2 months b4 I remembered to schedule it. I said if you gave them to someone else it's my fault for waiting I'll understand, but they told me the bags were released according to VIN #'s. The s/n matters because if there is another problem you'll want them to be able to track it.

#17 ·
I tried three times but each time I was told the airbag inventory won't be available till a few months later. About ten months later I'm still a few months later away from getting it fixed.

Two dealerships. Same problem. I even got the recall notice but no luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#25 ·
Just called my local dealer. Had them in stock, had an opening next Thursday. Wouldn't let me just walk in with the old one and swap. Said it'll be 2 hours. 2 hours! Ok, you gotta charge Ford 2 hrs but it doesn't take 2 hrs to swap it out. We should get a gas card or something to compensate our time! 'Merica! Lol

#31 ·
Dropped car off just now. Told them just need my numbers. Guy comes back saying all set, and we also went ahead and gave you a powertrain tune, which i was told i got last time and i am tuned. Told the guy i didnt authorized that and i am tuned and could be locked out from the tuner. At least he was nice and said if there is a problem come back to him. Thankfully i was able to retune my car having not returned it to stock before. Cant even drop a car off for someone to get numbers they forgot to last time without them doing their own thing

#32 ·
Just reading that Grimkreg gets my blood rolling. I'm sure if I didn't say anything they'd hook up to mine too, despite the "supercharged" badges and the OBD port cover "do not flash". I'll be sure to make it clear. I'm already heated about having to redo my carbon fiber overlay. Suppose Ford will compensate me for another kit?

#33 ·
Wait, it's ONLY the drivers side airbag right!?! That's what my paper says.

#34 ·
I would bring it up to them about having to replace it due to a recall when otherwise it would have been fine. But i also wouldnt put it straight on that dealer just ask if ford will cover it. My ford body shop was going to give me back the stripe the previous owner put on when I had the hood peeling problem but I happily took the factory paint. Just might take more time to get them to cover since its not a normal thing they can write up unless they had the overlay

#35 ·
Is drinkin n posting prohibited? My bad.

#37 ·
Yeah, I did the dash which includes the passenger side airbag. Should be ok.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.