2012 GT Need Tuner - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-31-1969, 07:00 PM  

h

Reply With Quote Moderated Post
Old 09-15-2016, 01:22 PM   #1

Region: South Carolina
2012 GT Need Tuner

So I purchased a 2012 GT in Feb., absolutely love it. I just turned over 60K, so bye bye warranty. The car is stock except a set of Flowmaster 40's the previous owner welded on. It also sported a set of Drag DR62 wheels with the original tires when I bought it. The tires were about gone so I put a set of 2K Cobra R wheels on in that I had on my 97 Cobra, because the tires were almost brand new Pirelli 265/35/18. Love the way the car looks with these wheels, but now I am having some issues. The car ran great when I bought it but now after swapping the wheels/tires, I am experiencing some throttle hesitations that weren't there before. So I think I need a tune, specifically one that will allow me to change the wheel/tire size to see if that fixes my throttle issues. I also want to disable the stupid Skip Shift feature. So I need a tuner for a pretty much stock car, that I will be able to use down the road if I decide to do any mods.

Thanks!

MCSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2016, 01:51 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Check out American muscle.
Old 09-15-2016, 02:18 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Where in Upstate South Carolina?
2014Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2016, 02:47 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Take the car to Pro-Dyno in Fort Mill. Dan DeSio will transform the car to your liking.
Old 09-15-2016, 02:51 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I was also going to recommend Pro-Dyno if you are anywhere near the Charlotte area.
2014Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 02:53 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeaton View Post
Check out American muscle.

2015 GT Premium 401A Ingot Silver Automatic Sold

2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Automatic Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 03:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014Vert View Post
Where in Upstate South Carolina?
Greenville/Spartanburg
Old 09-15-2016, 03:03 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

That's only a couple hours. Make an appointment, it's worth the drive.
Old 09-15-2016, 06:00 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
You can disable skip shift by disconnecting the solenoid at the transmission.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Robostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 07:04 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Lol. Ok.
Old 09-15-2016, 08:42 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
There is also Steeda ... when you order the tuner from us, you are enrolled in our tunes for life program - the more parts you add, the more parts we will update to your tune!

Here are some great reviews on our tunes: SCT X4 Mustang Tuner w/ Steeda Certified Tunes (96-16) 388-7015 | Free Shipping!

Quote:
TOMMY
Installed a Bama tune and nothing but problems even with revisions. Steeda Nailed it the first time. More power, better Throttle response, and as far as driveability it drives like stock.
REALLY BROUGHT THE CAR ALIVE
Got the tunes and let me tell you they are worth the wait really brought the car alive I love it.
BLAKE
I was a bit unsure as to how this tuner would really do. I am a believer now! After installing a 93 octane race tune, twin 62mm throttle body, and a "Steeda" CAI....all i can say now is my car is a beast now. I highly recommend this tuner. easy to use, with simple on screen prompts, and more hp and torge, make it more than worth it!
LOVE IT!
Tuned by Steeda! This thing is an animal! Great tune. Idles very sedately, revs fall through the range freely (better than stock). Love it!
KUDOS TO STEEDA
I continue to be impressed by Steeda.

My requests for tune revisions are completed in 24 hours and more importantly, the tunes themselves are the gold standard.

I picked Steeda for it's reputation and I now know that reputation is well deserved.

I hope you take it for the complement it is when I tell you the throttle response and modulation is BMW-like. I have tried other tunes and without fail come back to Steeda because the throttle is perfect.
- See more at: SCT X4 Mustang Tuner w/ Steeda Certified Tunes (96-16) 388-7015 | Free Shipping!
You can email me directly at tim@steeda.com if I can help you with your tune & tuning device ... also, here is James, one of our lead tuners:

James G.
Lead Tuner and Calibrator

James has over 15 years of experience professionally tuning Fords - mainly the Mustang, Focus, Fusion and F-series. He was previously employed by SCT and trained many of their top tuners! James takes pride in providing quality, conservative tunes that you will feel confident in loading onto your daily driver. Reliability while providing tremendous gains are at the core of our tuning values.

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

There is also Steeda ... when you order the tuner from us, you are enrolled in our tunes for life program - the more parts you add, the more parts we will update to your tune!

Here are some great reviews on our tunes: SCT X4 Mustang Tuner w/ Steeda Certified Tunes (96-16) 388-7015 | Free Shipping!

Quote:
TOMMY
Installed a Bama tune and nothing but problems even with revisions. Steeda Nailed it the first time. More power, better Throttle response, and as far as driveability it drives like stock.
REALLY BROUGHT THE CAR ALIVE
Got the tunes and let me tell you they are worth the wait really brought the car alive I love it.
BLAKE
I was a bit unsure as to how this tuner would really do. I am a believer now! After installing a 93 octane race tune, twin 62mm throttle body, and a "Steeda" CAI....all i can say now is my car is a beast now. I highly recommend this tuner. easy to use, with simple on screen prompts, and more hp and torge, make it more than worth it!
LOVE IT!
Tuned by Steeda! This thing is an animal! Great tune. Idles very sedately, revs fall through the range freely (better than stock). Love it!
KUDOS TO STEEDA
I continue to be impressed by Steeda.

My requests for tune revisions are completed in 24 hours and more importantly, the tunes themselves are the gold standard.

I picked Steeda for it's reputation and I now know that reputation is well deserved.

I hope you take it for the complement it is when I tell you the throttle response and modulation is BMW-like. I have tried other tunes and without fail come back to Steeda because the throttle is perfect.
- See more at: SCT X4 Mustang Tuner w/ Steeda Certified Tunes (96-16) 388-7015 | Free Shipping!
You can email me directly at tim@steeda.com if I can help you with your tune & tuning device ... also, here is James, one of our lead tuners:

James G.
Lead Tuner and Calibrator

James has over 15 years of experience professionally tuning Fords - mainly the Mustang, Focus, Fusion and F-series. He was previously employed by SCT and trained many of their top tuners! James takes pride in providing quality, conservative tunes that you will feel confident in loading onto your daily driver. Reliability while providing tremendous gains are at the core of our tuning values.
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 02:38 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
+1 Steeda. Used them when my '12 was stock. Night n day difference. Plus there's no bad reviews anywhere.
I use VMP now with the supercharger but they're coyote knowledge is awesome as well.

Have you cleaned the throttle body and MAF sensor lately?
'12GT Premium, Roush TVS & BAP, VMP Elbow, 82mm, JLT CAI & Catch Can, Eiback Sports, Steeda Cambers & Adj UCA, Adj panhard & Brace, LCAs+Relos, Diff Bushing, Ford Diff Cover, Axle Catch Can, 3.73, Shaftmasters DS, MGW, BG Syncro II, Blowfish Shifter Support Bracket, Trans Mount Insert, MBRP 3" H pipe, Borla 3" Touring Pipes/Axlebacks, High Flow GT Grill Insert, Steeda Spyder Wheels (20X9.5/11), 275 fronts, 315 rears, Lakewood drag shocks, Cervini Hood, big smile
Beviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 06:35 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beviking View Post
Have you cleaned the throttle body and MAF sensor lately?
No will do that soon, but have pretty much determined it's the extra weight from the 2K wheels/tires, quite a bit heavier than the Drag's or stock wheels I'm sure. Those 2K's with tires weight around 40lb each. Is there anything I can do to correct this aside from changing wheels out again?
Old 09-16-2016, 08:23 PM   #14

Region: Minnesota
I'm a 40yr Ford tech and never never heard changing the tires to cause drivability issue.
Docstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:50 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Factory wheel with tire is well over 50 pounds a corner. Brembo setup I have is 56 pounds per corner.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 01:34 PM   #16

Ok, so I am a bit confused on the proper way to clean my TB. I have looked over numerous threads and YouTube videos and much of it is contradictory. So a few questions; 1.) Do I need to disconnect the battery to clean it? 2.) Is it ok to move the blade by hand when cleaning or do I need to do the ignition on, pedal to the floor method? 3.) Should I be spraying the cleaner directly into the TB, or wet a cloth with the cleaner and wipe down by hand? I don't really want to remove it to clean it, so what are you guys doing?
Old 09-22-2016, 08:22 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I remove it. Yes you can carefully move the blade by hand. With it removed you do not have to worry about blasting stuff into the intake. You can spray liberally from both sides and wipe down, cleaning it properly instead of half a...way.
'12GT Premium, Roush TVS & BAP, VMP Elbow, 82mm, JLT CAI & Catch Can, Eiback Sports, Steeda Cambers & Adj UCA, Adj panhard & Brace, LCAs+Relos, Diff Bushing, Ford Diff Cover, Axle Catch Can, 3.73, Shaftmasters DS, MGW, BG Syncro II, Blowfish Shifter Support Bracket, Trans Mount Insert, MBRP 3" H pipe, Borla 3" Touring Pipes/Axlebacks, High Flow GT Grill Insert, Steeda Spyder Wheels (20X9.5/11), 275 fronts, 315 rears, Lakewood drag shocks, Cervini Hood, big smile
Beviking is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2012 gt