Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Dash Cam Suggestions

10K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Radtaco 
#1 ·
So, I did a search and couldn't find much of anything pertaining to dash cams that's recent. I've been seriously thinking about this since road rage and insurance scams seem to be more and more common these days. If you run a dash cam, what kind is it and are you happy with it. There are a lot of options out there, but I wanted to see what consumers such as you think instead of relying on product reviews from web sites. Thanks in advance and drive safe!

#4 ·
If you own a GoPro, the device works great as a dash cam. They are overkill, but the upside is that the GoPro can survive just about anything. Plus it is small enough to disappear behind the rear view mirror, out of your line of sight.

#7 ·
I have an A118C. Works great and takes great video. It was around $50. It's also concealed. Looks like it's part of the window and not a camera. Lots of YouTube reviews on it.

I had a cheaper one and the video quality was horrible. The frame rate wasn't steady and night video was terrible also.

2013 Mustang GT Base 6 speed manual

#11 ·
I had a cheap Uniden, which was OK, but the suction cup DID NOT suck... the cam kept falling off the windshield, no matter how I cleaned & prepped the glass & suction cup. I also wanted something with more features (and the capability of more memory) so I got a Falcon. It mounts to the windshield with a double sided adhesive tape. I just put in in a couple of weeks back, so not too much experience with it, but the picture quality and night performance are heads and shoulders above the Uniden.

FALCON ELECTRONICS

#13 ·
Product Technology Cameras & optics Electronics Electronic device

This is what I run.

Compustar Dash CD-3200

Runs full 1080 with front and rear facing camera.

They run all the time but have sensors, so it bookmarks "events" like a bump or collision

It also has a micro USB and USB to plug it into your computer and blow the videos up to full size. Along with a great operating program to view each file in sequence without digging for an exact moment in time for hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#14 ·
I've been thinking of getting something like this....but I'm looking for something a bit more hidden than most...

Attachments

#15 ·
#18 ·
Hell you can wire it to the Radio harness power, just find out what the hot wire is. If you have an aftermarket HU it should be the solid yellow wire on the aftermarket power harness. If not it should be easy enough to find online.

I need to get one of these too tbth... Honestly everyone probably should.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.