Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Ford Shelby Gt 500 Valance and quad tip exhaust

Tags
exhaust
3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  olerodder 
#1 ·
Has anyone installed the Ford GT 500 Valance and quad tip on their mustang. I'm thinking about installing on my 2013 Gt. I was wondering if anyone has had any issues with the exhaust? I don't want to spend $$$$ on it then have the exhause having to be replaced in a year or 2. Cheers

#3 · (Edited)
I love mine, no problems.

#4 ·
No issues with mine. Pretty easy install, and looks the way it should have come from the factory.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#5 ·
#6 ·
This should give you a good idea of what you have to do, I've done it more than once and it takes a good mornings work to tear the rearend of the car apart, cut the rear bumper and install the mufflers and valance. I think it looks really great especially when you install the GT-500 rear spoiler.

http://1.cdn.lib.americanmuscle.com/files/99904-cust.pdf

Attachments

#7 ·
Don't let olerodder's pics scare you. It's a lot easier than it looks .... just a little time consuming. I used Aviation Snips to cut my bumper & a Roto-Zip to make the 4 Slots.
Some say they've used a drill to make the slots. The Diffuser was $149 through Yates Performance. I also bought the GT 500 Spoiler which was $89 on EBay. M.E. has a video of the install on You Tube.

#10 ·
This is what I used for the cutting and did use a small drill to make the slots.

Electric Body Saw

One thing to remember is the cut doesn't have to be perfect...there are mold lines to follow so you won't be lost...there is some wiggle room as the valance does hide quite a lot if you make a little larger cut.

So....for a 70+ year old guy it took me...with me, myself and I a good morning to take it apart including the mufflers which were not just a piece of cake and my car only had 6000 miles when I stripped it down...and put it back together. I'm sure someone 25 years younger could do it much sooner....IMHO

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

This is what I used for the cutting and did use a small drill to make the slots.

Electric Body Saw

One thing to remember is the cut doesn't have to be perfect...there are mold lines to follow so you won't be lost...there is some wiggle room as the valance does hide quite a lot if you make a little larger cut.

So....for a 70+ year old guy it took me...with me, myself and I a good morning to take it apart including the mufflers which were not just a piece of cake and my car only had 6000 miles when I stripped it down...and put it back together. I'm sure someone 25 years younger could do it much sooner....follow the instructions I sent and yo'll be fine...IMHO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.