Sync v4.6 is out! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-17-2016, 03:05 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Sync v4.6 is out!

Disclaimer, Ford is rolling it out step-wise so it may or may not yet be available to you.

Installation went smoothly (thankfully different to when I installed v4.4) and it only took 10-15 minutes. Had to re-pair my phone and everything seems to be working. At least temporarily it seems to have corrected the problem where when I asked for a particular tract on my iPod, sync would repeat the correct tract but play something completely different. Repeating the request would then select another incorrect song, in spite of sync correctly repeating the song I asked for. I'll withhold a conclusion about this fix for now because re-installing v4.4 would also correct this for a couple of days before it went back to the problem. This was my biggest gripe that came along with v4.4.

Here's the official Ford blurb on the update from the website:

DR3T-14D544-AG

Ford Motor Company is committed to enhancing and improving upon the SYNC® driving experience, and we periodically release software updates so you have the latest version of SYNC® to keep you up-to-date and in-the-know.

The latest release of SYNC® (V4.6) software delivers a more robust driving experience for vehicles equipped with SYNC® and SYNC® with MyFord®. The latest version also includes new features:

Streamlined help commands save time. SYNC® offers the corresponding help prompts only to the area that you're using.

Enhanced phonebook search allows you to browse and scroll through your contacts, alphabetically.

SYNC® AppLink™ now available in Canada and Mexico. Now, AppLink™ can be controlled in English, French (Canadian) and Spanish (Mexican).

SYNC® reboot allows you to quickly restart the SYNC® system to facilitate communication between your Bluetooth® - enabled device and SYNC®, without repairing your device or performing a master reset.
MGW, Blow Fish, AM Hood Struts
Tinted, Borla Touring AB, ProCal Tune
Full Shelby/Kicker Audio Upgrade
WJBertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2016, 05:24 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
I'll try it when I get home.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2016, 09:54 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
FINALLY!!!

I was starting to get concerned that they weren't going to release any more updates for the previous gen syncs.

If this does what I think it does:

Quote:
SYNC® reboot allows you to quickly restart the SYNC® system to facilitate communication between your Bluetooth® - enabled device and SYNC®, without repairing your device or performing a master reset.
...then I won't have to keep pulling the fuse to get my Mobile Apps to work!
k1DBLITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 11:49 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Okay, at risk of sounding like a complete dumbass, how do we download it? Is it via micro SD?

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
- Voltaire
The Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 12:21 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Anyone know if this update will finally fix the issue of manually changing media to "Bluetooth" every time you start the car. It would be really convenient if it would default to Bluetooth audio rather then sync line in.
visback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 12:29 AM   #6

Sync v4.6 is out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nomad View Post
Okay, at risk of sounding like a complete dumbass, how do we download it? Is it via micro SD?

Hello Nomad, it should be by USB thumb drive. You'll need to go to Ford.com and select Owner. Next, you can sign in/ register in order to be able to select the SYNC and Vehicle Services Tab (on a PC or laptop), after you should be able to click check for updates and download the SYNC update it should provide a step by step guide for your particular SYNC model, Hopefully this helps?
KBW2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 12:45 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Go to www.syncmyride.com and follow the instructions.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:53 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBW2016 View Post
Hello Nomad, it should be by USB thumb drive. You'll need to go to Ford.com and select Owner. Next, you can sign in/ register in order to be able to select the SYNC and Vehicle Services Tab (on a PC or laptop), after you should be able to click check for updates and download the SYNC update it should provide a step by step guide for your particular SYNC model, Hopefully this helps?
It definitely does! Thanks!

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
- Voltaire
The Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 01:28 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nomad View Post
It definitely does! Thanks!

No problem!
Old 10-19-2016, 03:16 PM   #10

Sync v4.6 is out!

Deleted duplicate post
Old 10-19-2016, 03:51 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBW2016 View Post
I was never able to load 4.4. Can I bypass that version and load 4.6? Maybe I'll have better luck. 13 Boss
k9walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 03:53 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9walker View Post
I was never able to load 4.4. Can I bypass that version and load 4.6? Maybe I'll have better luck. 13 Boss
I would go ahead and give it a try.
Old 10-19-2016, 04:11 PM   #13

Thanks, Jeff. I'm just getting ready. I'll post with the verdict.

Neal
Old 10-19-2016, 04:39 PM   #14

No soap. Sees the USB drive but says "no media files" and switches to bluetooth. Same as before. I guess I'll have the dealer install it for me. Thanks for your help.
Neal
Old 10-19-2016, 04:42 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Why update? I haven't updated mine since new in '12! Lol.
Yep, devils advocate here.
'12GT Premium, Roush TVS & BAP, VMP, 82mm pulley,JLT CAI & Catch Can, Eiback Sports, Steeda Cambers & Adj UCA, Adj panhard & Brace, LCAs, Relo Brackets, Diff Bushing, Ford Racing Diff Cover, Axle Catch Can, 3.73, Shaftmasters DS, MGW, BG Syncrp II, Blowfish Shifter Support Bracket & Safety Loop, Trans Mount Insert, MBRP 3" H pipe, Borla 3" Touring Pipes/Axlebacks, BlackCat Gauge Face, Boss Lower Fascia, High Flow GT Grill Insert
Beviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 05:57 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
My 2012 took an update. When I log in now that I have a 2015 it says I'm running 3.7, and am up to date. WTF.
Had 5 Mustangs. the last two were a Black 2012 GT/CS lowered, custom wheels, Airaid CAI, Flowmaster Outlaws, BAMA tune, MMD hood struts, Raxiom Black Halo headlights, 13-14 tail lights, & Raxiom Taillight adapters. Removed the 2012 GT/CS stripe (black on black sucks) Replaced with 13-14 Silver GT/CS stripes. I now have a 2015 Magnetic Gray Premium GT with Performance Pack, Borla's, Velgen 20" wheels with Nitto Invos with 275's up front,and 295's in the rear. Airaid CAI, JLT oil separator.
C013RA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 06:00 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by visback View Post
Anyone know if this update will finally fix the issue of manually changing media to "Bluetooth" every time you start the car. It would be really convenient if it would default to Bluetooth audio rather then sync line in.
The update I installed in my 2012 was supposed to fix that, and never did.
Had 5 Mustangs. the last two were a Black 2012 GT/CS lowered, custom wheels, Airaid CAI, Flowmaster Outlaws, BAMA tune, MMD hood struts, Raxiom Black Halo headlights, 13-14 tail lights, & Raxiom Taillight adapters. Removed the 2012 GT/CS stripe (black on black sucks) Replaced with 13-14 Silver GT/CS stripes. I now have a 2015 Magnetic Gray Premium GT with Performance Pack, Borla's, Velgen 20" wheels with Nitto Invos with 275's up front,and 295's in the rear. Airaid CAI, JLT oil separator.
Old 10-19-2016, 06:02 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beviking View Post
Probably better off. Mine was worse after the update.
Old 10-19-2016, 08:43 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

Do you have a nav?
Joaquin_ii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 09:49 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joaquin_ii View Post
Do you have a nav?
Wasn't an option in the 2012 Boss. 2013 Boss' had it as an option.

I forgot, his has a Boss stripe, but isn't.
Old 10-20-2016, 11:03 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Well, v4.6 seems to fix my wrong song problem but only if I make sure shuffle is off in the system. Evidently Sync will shuffle to a different song than the one you request if that function is turned on. I also discovered later the shuffle function was switched on in my attached iPod as well. Maybe this was creating a shuffle x shuffle conflict of some sort? Next experiment is to turn off the iPod shuffle function and turn Sync shuffle back on to see if I can request specific songs in that configuration.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:04 PM   #22

I have the Raxium nav in my Boss. It makes navigating sync difficult. Maybe why I can't install updates
Old 10-20-2016, 08:58 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by C013RA View Post
Wasn't an option in the 2012 Boss. 2013 Boss' had it as an option.

I forgot, his has a Boss stripe, but isn't.
Actually, it's a C stripe. Boss stripe has "Boss" in the stripe.
But no nav either. No boss, no nav, no cred! Ugh!
'12GT Premium, Roush TVS & BAP, VMP, 82mm pulley,JLT CAI & Catch Can, Eiback Sports, Steeda Cambers & Adj UCA, Adj panhard & Brace, LCAs, Relo Brackets, Diff Bushing, Ford Racing Diff Cover, Axle Catch Can, 3.73, Shaftmasters DS, MGW, BG Syncrp II, Blowfish Shifter Support Bracket & Safety Loop, Trans Mount Insert, MBRP 3" H pipe, Borla 3" Touring Pipes/Axlebacks, BlackCat Gauge Face, Boss Lower Fascia, High Flow GT Grill Insert
Old 10-21-2016, 08:05 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Actually, it's a C stripe. Boss stripe has "Boss" in the stripe.
But no nav either. No boss, no nav, no cred! Ugh!
Your picking nits. Its still a boss stripe. Where do you think that stripe originally came from.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:10 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

So the 15s have 3.8 as the latest, and you have to go to a Ford dealer for it. (My Ford Touch)
Old 10-21-2016, 02:33 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So the 15s have 3.8 as the latest, and you have to go to a Ford dealer for it. (My Ford Touch)
Yeah I don't think this update is for the MFT systems. They are running under their own revisions.
Old 10-21-2016, 05:08 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Your picking nits. Its still a boss stripe. Where do you think that stripe originally came from.
Yes I am. Bit o sarcasm just like...

It came from EBay.
Old 10-21-2016, 07:04 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Tried installing 4.6 on my 2014 GT. No luck. Tried several times and several different flash drives. Called Ford support and they told me they still have issues with it installing on many cars. First version was released in February then they pulled and just released it again. Still issues for some.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolutio
wstefek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 12:16 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes I am. Bit o sarcasm just like...

It came from EBay.
ROFL.
Old 10-22-2016, 09:49 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I have a 2012.. doubt it's ever been updated. Is there anything really worth updating for?

I have the tech package with NAV

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 11:04 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

It depends.

I recommend reading the release notes for all versions to see if they fixed a bug that was affecting you.

Once you upgrade there is no going back.

I regretted upgrading before this version as my mobile apps became unusable on a daily basis. The only way to get it to work again was to pull the sync fuse.

That got old really quick.

I have seen multiple versions claim the media source will default to Bluetooth, but it never does.

Anytime I start the car I have to press the media button then change the source from "line in" to Bluetooth.

Sounds simple but gets very tedious.

With all that being said, the mobile apps in this version seems to be stable as of yet, too early to tell if it is fixed for me.

They also added a "sync reboot" option in the menu which I am hoping will prevent me from having to pull the fuse everything mobile apps refuse to connect.

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

It depends.

I recommend reading the release notes for all versions to see if they fixed a bug that was affecting you.

Once you upgrade there is no going back.

I regretted upgrading before this version as my mobile apps became unusable on a daily basis. The only way to get it to work again was to pull the sync fuse.

That got old really quick.

I have seen multiple versions claim the media source will default to Bluetooth, but it never does.

Anytime I start the car I have to press the media button then change the source from "line in" to Bluetooth.

Sounds simple but gets very tedious.

With all that being said, the mobile apps in this version seems to be stable as of yet, too early to tell if it is fixed for me.

They also added a "sync reboot" option in the menu which I am hoping will prevent me from having to pull the fuse everything mobile apps refuse to connect.
Old 10-23-2016, 11:10 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

I can't wait to get a need double din navigation system. Can't wait to drop sync altogether.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 09:43 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Idaho
Put it on Saturday. Haven't noticed a whole lot of difference. But, could have sworn I was able to have 4.4 read me the last new text message recieved, now just says no supported phone for text messages found. Did they take something away? I have an iPhone 6 with iOS 10 running. Maybe it is iOS 10?

It does now remember that USB2 was active and starts where it left off in a song when restarting the car. Before it would just give up and flip to FM radio. I would have to re-ask for USB.
Second Mustang with a 34 yr gap.
shaneyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 03:15 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Well I experimented (continuing from post #21 above) and believe I've discovered a bug in v4.6. Exploring my wrong song problem I found that v4.6 with shuffle "off" corrected this, however, finding that my iPod also had shuffle enabled I wondered about a conflict. I switched shuffle off on the iPod and shuffle to on in Sync. The problem with getting the wrong song immediately reappeared. Evidently Sync includes your requests as part of the shuffle function and picks the next random song instead of the one you requested. To my thinking this should not function that way. It would be a minor bug, since it can be corrected by simply selecting shuffle off, except once I turned shuffle on, Sync would not let me turn it off again. Hence the big bug. Trying to toggle it off just caused the system to return to the main screen showing the currently playing tract. No manipulation of the controls would allow me to turn shuffle off. The new sync re-boot feature didn't work so I finally resorted to a master re-set which finally returned shuffle to the default off setting. Guess I'll just have to refrain from using the shuffle feature until v4.7 comes out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT