Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Weird Crease in Horn/Airbag Cover

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  13Mustang5.0 
#1 ·
This may sound a bit odd, but I was wondering if anyone else had noticed this. I've got a 2014 GT Premium, and the car is very clean. One thing I did notice however is there's an odd crease in my steering wheel horn cover, somewhere around the 12 o'clock position. At first I thought it was just an anomaly with mine, but then I saw this video, and noticed the same thing at about 2:29. Look closely and you'll see it. It looks like a line. I was wondering if this was a defect or if it had something to do with the airbag recall (mine is still pending) or what. Do any of you have this? Thanks in advance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ9m1MQr3i0

#7 ·
I have it too. Always worried it's going to bust open while I'm driving. Looks like a weak spot that's ready to go in my opinion. Probably part of the reason for the recall.
I just got an email from Ford today telling me to schedule an appointment to get the Air Bag replaced on my 08 GT. Traded that car in on a 14 back in April. I wonder if I should schedule the appointment & then show up with the 14 & see if they go ahead & replace it.

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

I have it too. Always worried it's going to bust open while I'm driving. Looks like a weak spot that's ready to go in my opinion. Probably part of the reason for the recall.
I just got an email from Ford today telling me to schedule an appointment to get the Air Bag replaced on my 08 GT. Traded that car in on a 14 back in April. I wonder if I should schedule the appointment & then show up with the 14 & see if they go ahead & replace it.

#8 ·
It's just the airbag cover not the airbag. It makes it so if the airbag is deployed it can come through easier. Also, when the shop does your recall they only replace the airbag not the airbag cover. So only the airbag inside gets changed, not the entire thing.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.