Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Rear end shifted

2K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  kaper232 
#1 ·
I tried searching this but came up with hundreds of axle back threads.

It appears the rear wheel on the driver side is sticking out a bit and the passenger side is tucked a bit. I'm assuming it's the rear end shifted over. Is this something the dealer can fix or do I need a panhard bar and an alignment?

IG: 14gt5oh

#5 ·
If it was still under warranty and it was that far off, and you never lowered it, I'd be inclined to check with the dealer just to see what they would say about it. Just for the hell of it, if nothing else.

#8 ·
If you can swing a crescent wrench you can easily dial this in on an adjustable panhard yourself. It doesn't affect your alignment, as the thrust angles remain the same.

#11 ·
SIngle Adjustable, go with BMR or Steeda IMO. This is a pretty normal thing for these cars and becomes noticeable when you put wider wheels on and taking it to the dealer likely will just be a waste of your time and they will say it's normal.

#10 ·
Double is unnecessary and adds more failure modes. It is easier to adjust but it's not hard either way.

#16 ·
^^^that....the suspension needs to be loaded. either a drive on lift or back it onto jackstands. You can measure with tape measure (level along fender or string/plumb bob) to center of wheel. just figure out which way you need to adjust and remember it's the body you are moving.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.