I need some help... Traction control won't turn off. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-11-2016, 09:33 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I need some help... Traction control won't turn off.

Hey guys... Finally got another mustang. I just bought a 2011 Mustang Gt Premium and I am not able to turn the traction control off or advancetrac off. I've done everything the manual has said. When I try to turn TC off, nothing happens, no icons on the dash or anything. When I try to turn off advancetrac with the way the manual describes it will not turn off either. According to what I have read, it should show up in the message center as advancetrac off. Anyone have any ideas? I am also getting a TPMS fault and low tire pressure warning but the tires have the correct psi. Could this have anything to do with the TC and Advancetrac not turning off? Thanks for your help.
Kbasham5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2016, 05:54 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Yes. You cannot turn off advancetrac if you have a TPMS failure.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Robostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 06:00 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
If it still has the original battery, probably is shot.
Could cause electrical problems.
blackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2016, 06:06 PM   #4
REG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Can't turn off traction control with TPMS CODE

Not true, Routinely turn traction control off with active low pressure warning.
I have sensor in the rims which the drag radials are mounted on and by the second pass at the strip, I'll get the warning at the strip. TPMS faults don't alter anything.
I run 16- 20 psi in the DR's and can sit in the burnout box and wear them down to nothing with traction control off.
Old 11-12-2016, 06:33 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by REG View Post
Not true, Routinely turn traction control off with active low pressure warning.
I have sensor in the rims which the drag radials are mounted on and by the second pass at the strip, I'll get the warning at the strip. TPMS faults don't alter anything.
I run 16- 20 psi in the DR's and can sit in the burnout box and wear them down to nothing with traction control off.
There is a difference between a low pressure warning and a TPMS fault. I'm pretty sure that you cannot turn traction control off if there is a TPMS FAULT (not a low pressure warning). A fault means that there is a problem with the monitoring system.
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Old 11-12-2016, 06:47 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
That's flat out wrong. I have tpms faults every time I take my car to the track and the Tc/SC/at turns off and on fine.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 06:52 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

So you are saying that your TPMS system does not work at all. It has failed and needs to be repaired and you can still turn TC off?
Old 11-12-2016, 10:03 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah. There are no pressure sensors in my drag wheels. Straight up hard fault there. Still can turn tc off and on without issue.
Old 11-12-2016, 10:32 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
If something in the advancetrac system fails, both traction control, stability control along with ABS will be fully disabled at all times until whatever failed is fixed.

I know this ... it happened to me... twice.

Also, advancetrac doesn't care if you have a flat tire or drag radials with no TPMS system in it... you can still turn off traction and stability control and if both are turned on, it will continue to function with no issues.
Old 11-13-2016, 05:42 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
Yeah. There are no pressure sensors in my drag wheels. Straight up hard fault there. Still can turn tc off and on without issue.
OK, I think we have a terminology problem here. You are saying that you have a fault because you don't have sensors. I'll agree with that and that you can still disable TC. But that is not what I am saying. I am saying that the TPMS system has failed. In other words, there is a failure in the computer (BCM, I believe it is called). If this computer module fails, you cannot disable TC.
Old 11-13-2016, 12:55 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

OIC....well that would certainly be quite rare. The body control module failing would have all kinds of weird effects, as it runs pretty much everything aft of the firewall. If that's true, it's dealer only for any diag/repair there, unless you have vcm suite and can reprogram the replacement module.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT