Corsa Sport GT500 Quads Drone - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-16-2016, 07:39 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Corsa Sport GT500 Quads Drone

I got some used Corsa Quad sports for my GT, and they drone.. disappointed since i heard so much about them not droning. I have an offroad H pipe as well, could it be the H pipe is causing the drone? Same H pipe with my last axelbacks didn't cause any drone Every review I have read they have been running X pipes. Is it an exhaust leak that could be causing this? I dont hear an exhaust leak on cold start or WOT. The mufflers are in excellent condition, not even a scratch on them so i doubt they have any kind of damage. It basically drones while slowly accelarating around 2k rpms and drones on the highway at 70 ~2k rpms but not at 60 and 80. Maybe I have a different definition of drone? Its the constant humming kind of sound in the cabin right? Before on my last setup you could hear the sound coming from outside, but with these it sounds like the humming is coming through the car. I am debating on changing to an X pipe to see if it gets rid of it, thanks for any advice!
visback is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2016, 08:34 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I was thinking of either getting the corsa sports or borla stypes for my car. All the reviews I read said there was no drone with the corsa as well. Do you have an automatic or manual? Not sure if that would make a difference or not but the h pipe could be part of it. Every thread I read about exhaust, the sound always changes once you start messing with stuff other than the axle back. What exhaust were you running before with no drone and why did you change it if you don't mind me asking?
Cooolbreeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 09:33 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooolbreeez View Post
I was thinking of either getting the corsa sports or borla stypes for my car. All the reviews I read said there was no drone with the corsa as well. Do you have an automatic or manual? Not sure if that would make a difference or not but the h pipe could be part of it. Every thread I read about exhaust, the sound always changes once you start messing with stuff other than the axle back. What exhaust were you running before with no drone and why did you change it if you don't mind me asking?
I had the same Offroad H pipe with the GT500 axelbacks, loved the sound. I changed the axelbacks because I love the look of the Quad tip corsas and heard good things about the sound and no drone. It sounds great besides the drone issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2016, 05:47 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
borla
Azizmug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 06:33 PM   #5

Region: Florida
Im Running Corsa Extreme With An OffRoad X-Pipe And I Never Get Drone.. Could Be The H Pipe..

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
DCGT5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 09:38 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCGT5.0 View Post
Im Running Corsa Extreme With An OffRoad X-Pipe And I Never Get Drone.. Could Be The H Pipe..

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Im guessing it is the H pipe then, the H pipe is supposed to give a deeper sound and paired with the corsa sports which are also supposed to have a deep like sound might be causing the drone. Deep + Deep = drone? lol I guess I will just have to swap out the midpipe and find out, cuz that drone is bugging me a lot now. Somedays its worse then others.
Old 11-21-2016, 10:40 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
just put on mbrp hpipe street catback and no drone here
more i read about it, it is xpipes that have drone issues.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT