Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Corsa extreme

5K views 26 replies 8 participants last post by  Cooolbreeez 
#1 ·
Just ordered them from AM based off of the reviews on there. Hope I made a good decision. After sale and forum discount I paid $608 for the axle backs. I really like the way the tips are cut on the exhaust and the hangers have the little bulge on them like the stock exhaust so I hope it will help keep them from moving around. I had the borla s-types on my v6 mustang and they moved around and I think it had to do with the hangers as there was no bulge on the hanger to keep it from moving. Anyone on here running them? I had went back and forth between these, corsa sports, kooks and borla s-types.

#3 ·
Thanks man, I've been nervous about my choice since I've never heard them in person. I know everybody has different taste as to what sounds good when it comes to exhaust setup. My biggest thing was not wanting any drone. Do they have a deep and aggressive sound as listed in the description? They come in Thursday by the end of the day so I'll find out for sure then.

#5 ·
My car (2011 gt) had flowmasters on it when I picked it up. Drone became an issue. Picked up the gt500s and deleted the resonators. Liked it but got bored and wanted louder and went back to the flowmasters. They sound great until the drone gets you. Really want a happy medium - louder than the Gt500s and deep like the flowmasters but without the drone. Curious to get your feedback after you get them installed.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#6 ·
I'll post my thoughts this coming Thursday night. They should be at my house around 5pm that night so it shouldn't take any longer than an hour to remove and install. I'll probably take off my stocks before hand so I can bolt them right up when they get here.

#8 ·
I have the Corsa Extremes on my '13 Boss and really like them. No drone at all, in fact they seem quieter at cruise than the factory mufflers. I still have the quad exhaust on my Boss, with 3/4" opening restrictors in the side pipes. The Corsas have a fuller, richer tone at idle compared to stock that turns into a full on wail near the redline. Quality with a substantial weight loss over stock. No regrets here!

#9 ·
Careful, if you have over axles or install them after, you'll get some nasty rasp at WOT.

#12 ·
No, they were great before I added the over axle pipes.

#15 ·
No drone, they sound great at startup then quiet down to a low rumble. I really like how quiet they get when you get to a cruising speed. They are loud when taking off though, haven't heard them from the outside yet. Sound great at wot, really like them so far. Curios to see how they sound in about a thousand miles or so. I assume their sound will change a little like most other exhausts do. I would definitely choose these again.

#20 ·
I was warming up the car this evening before heading to work, first start of the day and my wife said it didn't sound good. She said it sounded tinny or like something was rattling around. So now I'm all self conscious about the way it sounds. Tomorrow I'm going to get under it and make sure everything is still tight. Yesterday she said it sounded great but she hadn't heard the first cold start of the day yet. I couldn't hear any of that sound inside the car so I hope that's not a normal sound she heard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.