Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Shift knob

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  ddtmoto 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I have been looking around and I've noticed most of the shift knobs that I like will not work with my car. I have the 401a package (the aluminum shift knob). I wanted the black pony tribar shift knob from AM but it's not compatible with the 401a. Does anyone know of a decent amount of shift knob to pick from that will fit?

The best I've seen so far is the black boss 302 shift knob, but I would like a design or something on the side. Seems like most shift knob were made for the thumb shift knobs and not the 401a package aluminum shift knob.

#2 ·
So the 401a shifter does not have M12x1.25 thread? That seems to be a bad decision by Ford if so.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#3 ·
From what I've read it has a .75 opening (the same as the shift boot from the boss) with the metal ring at the opening.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#4 ·
#6 ·
I got mine from hotrodshiftknob.com. They have all sorts of cool colors and designs, and you specify the thread pitch and size you need for them. I'd post the one I have, but it would be against the profanity rule. 1st gear says Hang On, and 6th says F***** Fast!

Sent from sunny Afghanistan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.