Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Rattle on NEW Corsa Mufflers

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Cooolbreeez 
#1 ·
I just received my new Corsa Sport mufflers from AM, and as soon as I picked up one of the mufflers I heard what sounded like a little ball rolling around inside the chamber. Is this enough to be worried about? My old Roush mufflers made a lot of noise, both when on the car and when picked up, though those sounded more there was sand moving around in the chamber. They would rattle at a certain RPM, so that's what I'm mainly concerned about with the new mufflers. I figured this wouldn't be an issue with high quality mufflers like Corsa, so anyone know if it's really an issue?

#2 ·
I just put Corsa Extremes on my '13 Mustang, and they had no rattles. It is always a pain to send things back, especially a box as big as these come in! Maybe AM might be willing to send out a new pair with a pickup label for your current set. You may have to pay for the new set until they receive yours so they can credit you back. They have always been very good about working with me on returns. A rattle like that will drive you crazy over time, and for what these cost they should be ( and usually are ) perfect. Amazing sound and absolutely no drone. No regrets here.

#3 ·
Mufflers should not rattle, send them back.

#5 · (Edited)
Update:

Received the second pair of mufflers from American Muscle a couple days ago and they have the same problem the first pair had. It's starting to make me wonder whether other people have had the same problem and either ignored it or didn't notice, or if I really have been that unlucky with defective units. I captured a video of the noise that it's making; you have to listen closely, but you can hear it clearly at several points in the video:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.