Mustang Evolution Forum banner

SCT X4 question and crank relearn advice wanted.

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Boss302PR 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I've just installed a 2014 engine into my 2011 GT and I think my ECU has a tune on it, only worked it out when it would only run with a big JLT intake and wont run with a stock one. I want to retune the ECU to a tune that I know and trust. Now with that, can I just flash the ECU straight onto a new tune? Or am I meant to return to stock first? Because I can't actually return to stock as my ECU is already tuned and I'm from the UK so getting a stock tune is quite difficult without sending my whole ECU off to the US.

So basically, can I flash and already tuned ECU onto another tune with the X4 without returning to stock first?

Now I'm also having issues relearning the crank sensors. Nothing seems to work. We've tried revving it higher, taking it for a test drive, still not working. Any ideas or tips on how to get the damn crank sensors to relearn? The garage thought it might be the unknown tune that is currently on the ECU but I'm not so sure. Also the engine is working fine other than not crank relearning properly, is it still safe to drive? Because as far as I'm aware the crank sensors only identify misfires, but I'm sure I will be able to tell if the engine is misfiring anyway.

Thanks!

See less See more
#4 ·
This might be a question for SCT. I would call them.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#5 ·
The only question I can answer is No...you don't need to return to stock before flashing an ecu that already had a tune. You can go directly to a new tune. I bought my car with a tune but had no tuner. I bought and SCT SX4 and simply flash on the Race tune. Has worked fine ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.