Mustang Evolution Forum banner

The Edelbrock Victor coyote

3K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  grabber12 
#1 ·
Well I see that brothers performance is the first to lower there price on the intake to $999. Everyone else still has it for $1200+. Anyone on here have this intake manifold yet?

#5 ·
I must be missing something. Edelbrock says "Gain up to 16+ horsepower & 27+ ft-lbs of torque over the BOSS 302 intake manifold". Also with a power range more in the MID rang without reving past RPM's most of us don't want to go. According to what Edelbrock "says" how is it like the Boss? If im reading correctly there is more power and a different power band right?:hide:

#3 ·
You own one?

#7 ·
I cant seem to find any dyno comparisons, can you point me in the direction so I can take a look? The only one I've seen is the Edelbrock graph and that's the one that claims the 16hp 27tq and mid range power band. I have seen no real world test.

#8 ·
Couldn't find a specific example, which means nobody is using these (not a good sign). But i did find those claims you are talking about, and you've misread them.
They claim more tq than the boss, but more hp than the stock manifold. Which leads me to believe it didn't make more hp than the boss.

Either way, at $1000-1200 for the unproven and unpopular edelbrock, you are FAR better off getting a cobra jet setup. You can often find the full kit used for 1k.

#9 ·
Brothers performance must be miss leading people because that's where I read the info I posted. That's exactly why I am on here seeing if anyone has yet to test this. The boss is not for me because I don't want to rev to the sky and I don't want to lose low end TQ. The Edelbrock system claims to fix both issues that the Boss presents.
https://www.brothersperformance.com...te-intake-manifold-11-15-mustang-gt-7180.html

#13 · (Edited)
Crazy how no one is out testing this thing. Also crazy that the parts houses are already changing the terminology that Edelbrock used to make a better selling point lol. And yeah I keep missing out on the converter and just keep saying im going to get one but then I buy a new gun. blaa blaaaa

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.