Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Roush AB And Resonator Delete on a 2013 GT

9K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  crroy71 
#1 ·
Roush AB And Resonator Delete on a 2013 Mustang GT
I have the roush Axleback exhaust and was wondering if i should delete the Resonators?

#5 ·
I've researched this setup and probably read every forum thread on the damn internet about it. In short, I'm still super torn on what to do and have held off for now. I really would LOVE to somehow hear it in person. Nearly EVERYONE will say if you delete resonators with Roush ABs, do NOT mod the exhaust any further (x/h pipe, cats, headers, etc). In general, you are going to get some that say it sounds awesome and some will say Roush should be left alone. If you were to poll it, I'd guess 30-40% like it and I'm basing that off all the threads I've read. To quickly sum up what I have read... without resonators it will get raspy around that 4k+ rpm range. It will also get LOUD at and above that range. It will pop a lot more on downshifting and letting off the gas in the higher than norm rpm ranges (3k+). The tone will change a little bit, some say it loses a little of the deepness but has a more aggressive and angry tone (which to me, that is kind of contradicting...?). Also, you can still keep it relatively quiet if you are taking it easy so in short, LOUD when you want to be and quiet when you want as well. I think that's about the gist of it!! If you do it, be sure to post back here on your results.

#7 ·
I've seen ppl post that they paid anywhere from a little under $100 to a couple hundred. Keep in mind, some just do a simple resonator delete replaced with 3" pipe in their place and some go with 3" pipe upgrade from cats to stock H then from stock H to ABs. Check out Sam Stoppler, Race 302 and Toxix on youtube. Some good vids/sounds of the roush+res delete.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.