New Cervini Stalker II Hood - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-19-2017, 08:53 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
His wasnt cervini, not sure what brand but he has a 370z. He didnt run pins because he saw everyone else with the same hood not running them so thought he was okay =[

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Grimkreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2017, 10:41 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
So what caused it to let loose? Bolts vibrate loose? Catch just rip out? Might be hard to figure out if it was crumpled up on the side of the road.
'12GT Premium, Roush TVS & BAP, VMP Elbow, 82mm, JLT CAI & Catch Can, Eiback Sports, Steeda Cambers & Adj UCA, Adj panhard & Brace, LCAs+Relos, Diff Bushing, Ford Diff Cover, Axle Catch Can, 3.73, Shaftmasters DS, MGW, BG Syncro II, Blowfish Shifter Support Bracket, Trans Mount Insert, MBRP 3" H pipe, Borla 3" Touring Pipes/Axlebacks, High Flow GT Grill Insert, Steeda Spyder Wheels (20X9.5/11), 275 fronts, 315 rears, Lakewood drag shocks, Cervini Hood, big smile
Beviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2017, 11:34 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

I didnt see it until after he got back home. Hood latched fine even after it blew open so not sure why it happened, wasnt any vibration or signs of trouble and he was only going 70ish. It stayed on his car but dented his roof and shattered the hood. We bondo and painted it and its now a 10 ft hood lol. We added pins to it and its been fine.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2017, 02:28 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

If u can come to the finger lake mustang rally in Phelps Ny in Aug .Your car will show mine up so I'll make sure I won't park next to yours lol
jek57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 02:36 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

I don't know about that Jek57, but if I can make it I'd love to show up!
'12GT Premium, Roush TVS & BAP, VMP Elbow, 82mm, JLT CAI & Catch Can, Eiback Sports, Steeda Cambers & Adj UCA, Adj panhard & Brace, LCAs+Relos, Diff Bushing, Ford Diff Cover, Axle Catch Can, 3.73, Shaftmasters DS, MGW, BG Syncro II, Blowfish Shifter Support Bracket, Trans Mount Insert, MBRP 3" H pipe, Borla 3" Touring Pipes/Axlebacks, High Flow GT Grill Insert, Steeda Spyder Wheels (20X9.5/11), 275 fronts, 315 rears, Lakewood drag shocks, Cervini Hood, big smile
Old 02-22-2017, 10:57 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Do you have to inspect hood upon receiving/signing? My mom will be the only one home during times they will drop the hood off and she isnt, nor am I about her, confident about checking out the hood

Old 02-22-2017, 07:00 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkreg View Post
Do you have to inspect hood upon receiving/signing? My mom will be the only one home during times they will drop the hood off and she isnt, nor am I about her, confident about checking out the hood

Take the day off then. Yes, they need a signature that you (or signee) inspected it. The driver that delivered my hood was bar none, the best delivery guy you could hope to get! He knew it was a hood, had delivered several b4 and was more than willing to assist with bringing it inside, instructing on which side to lay it down and open, and looked it over with me. If I had cash on me I'd have tipped him!
There's a lot of edges that need to be looked at, not to mention looking for stress cracks if it was flexed too much from a drop or something falling on it. They're shipped standing up. Two metal "feet" screwed into the hood latch holes so it should arrive on the truck standing up.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:24 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Ill take it off. Day before my vacation so itll start early lol. I hope my experience goes like yours did. Thanks!

Old 02-23-2017, 03:34 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, hope it all works out for you!
Old 02-24-2017, 11:23 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Just now came in from getting hood. Looks pretty good, the box was a bit rougher than i would like. Some marks/scuffs from box but i think thats to be expected. On one corner of the hood towards passenger window there is like a small gouge but very minimal. Cant wait to drop it off for painting. The driver was nice and friendly but not too helpful looking at the hood. He stood over it making jokes about how detroiters will steal anything and about how his company is stupid for using a semi and that lmr should have wrapped it better.

Old 02-24-2017, 06:18 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Hey, if it's ok that's all that matters!
Glad to hear it 👍
Old 02-24-2017, 06:22 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

You'll probably have yours done before mine. My "connection" has been dumped on at work and said it'll be a few weeks.
Might talk to another guy at a shop n see if he'd paint it for a Winchester model 94 30/30. 70's build so not super valuable but he likes firearms! Just getting impatient!!! Lol
Old 02-24-2017, 08:08 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Yea. Dropping car off tomorrow. I got all my stuff together now. I leave for florida tomorrow evening and will be gone for 10 days so im in no rush. But guy at shop said drop her off whenever so doesnt seem like he is super busy at the time. I appreciate all the help!

Old 03-07-2017, 12:15 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

So im out of state but my dad just called body shop. Apparently the hood had imperfections-my dad didnt ask what was wrong- but he fixed whatever and the hood will be done around thursday. Hoping its nothing huge 😥

Old 03-08-2017, 04:48 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Hm, wonder what it is?
Old 03-08-2017, 05:16 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Yea im not sure. I work late thursday so if I cant go to get car ill have to make sure my dad figures it out

Old 03-12-2017, 11:16 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Just updating, starting wednesday there was bad wind and a lot of the area lost power including the body shop. Not sure when car will be done but hoping monday it doesnt snow and my dad can get the car since I work until 9pm. Hows your progress coming along beviking?

Old 03-12-2017, 04:13 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Slow! Buddy that was going to do it is swamped! Talked to the guy at the other shop and he's interested in dealing with me lol. Going to take the hood down to him and see what he can do. He said he just did a fiberglass hood for a guy that needed a lot of prep work do to pinholes and imperfections so it cost more than originally thought. Didn't know the brand of the other hood. We'll see what he thinks about the Cervini hood.
Hope the power stays on for you!
Old 03-12-2017, 04:17 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks. Hopefully your hood goes without any problems, stinks having something planned and then random crap gets in the way

Old 03-12-2017, 05:06 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah but luckily? it's still winter.
Old 03-13-2017, 06:07 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Alright, a little sunshine in the winter! Took the hood down and worked out a deal! Guy was fairly impressed with the hood. He found a few minor imperfections but said he couldn't see anymore than MAYBE an extra $100 for prep from what he quoted me which was $700.
Going with a 69 Mach 1 paint scheme with blacked out center.
Might be close to 2 weeks since recent snow/ice backed them up too but it's there and in line and I'm psyched!
Old 03-13-2017, 07:12 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Good to hear! Tomorrow im going to call up my shop and see how its going

Old 03-13-2017, 07:24 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Nice!
Old 03-14-2017, 10:46 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

So the update is they had no power for 3 days. They were painting the underside when I called. He said paint today and then tomorrow he is going to go over it with a wheel and make sure its all good and he will call back in a couple days. The imperfection was the coat cervini used was wavy but he says they put enough of it on that its easy to smooth it down, fit was perfect. Weather here in michigan is still **** though so its good she isnt done today so I dont have to drive it in the salt. Only thing that sucks is full insurance is on the car just incase so paying on that

Old 03-20-2017, 09:48 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

So I should be posting pictures tonight. My dad will pick her up while im at work. Im giving him a few questions to ask the shop but just incase he forgets ill ask here also.
How long is the cure time, when is it safe to leave out in the rain(its my daily so it sees everything but snow) and when should i wash/wax the hood? Thanks!

Old 03-20-2017, 02:28 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Listen to the shop about waxing. I can't remember what last cure time was when I had something painted. I wanna say 3 months but don't hold me to it. Listen to the one who painted the hood. AND POST SOME PICS!! Lol
I'm trying not to bother the shop every day about my hood. Busy blacking out the roof, trunk lid and spoiler anyway.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:50 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

This is what my dad sent

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1490050025005.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	224402  
Old 03-20-2017, 07:27 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Lmao! That's how I'd have done it for any of my kids!!!
Your dad is ok
Now where's the real pic!?! I know he sent another one!
Old 03-20-2017, 07:37 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

He sent a picture of his *** and ignored my pleas for pictures. Lighting isnt greatest but here they are

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1490060186215.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	224426   Click image for larger version

Name:	1490060199570.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	224434  

Name:	1490060209612.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	224442   Click image for larger version

Name:	1490060219086.jpg
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	224450  

Name:	1490060228444.jpg
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	224458  
Old 03-20-2017, 07:51 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Sweet!!! On my phone the louvers look like carbon fiber.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:54 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

They seem to be close to the color of the other oem plastic. Still havent decided if i should have had him paint them or not

Old 03-21-2017, 04:55 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

So yours aren't painted at all? Yeah, they're black like other plastic body panels minus the texture. i was kinda sneaky about it and dropped the louvers off after the hood and agreed price lol. But, I won't be surprised if he asks for a little more because of them. I might stop tomorrow and check progress.
Finished blacking out the roof, trunk lid and rear spoiler with 3M gloss black. Might end up going back and having the spoiler painted. I don't like the vinyl wrinkled on the underside at the outside edges. You can't really see it since it's the low profile spoiler w camera, but I see it and it'll probably drive me nuts.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:15 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Yea not painted at all. Looks fine in normal light. Ive driven for like 10 miles maybe and already have 2 small rock chips =[ these next 4 days are either too cold for tires or raining so the car will be garaged for the time being. Post pics of your progress so far. I also see where you talked about vents look chiseled out and i might sand em down cuz i have a corner that sticks up a cm too. But ill try to leave the car alone for now

Old 04-01-2017, 01:00 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Hood should be done by mid week. When I stopped by last week, they had base primer coat, nothing picture worthy and I felt funny pulling the camera/phone out and snapping pics. They probably wouldn't mind but eh, it was nothing to see really. Guess they had some sickness go thru the shop. They Wanted to have it done yesterday but too many ppl were out sick. Crappy weather anyway so no problem there. Pics to follow soon...I hope!
Old 04-01-2017, 01:40 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Good to hear itll be done soon. Seems like everyones projects are getting delayed lately

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT