Mustang Evolution Forum banner

New Cervini Stalker II Hood

20K views 96 replies 18 participants last post by  Beviking 
#1 ·
Thought I'd share an early present I received thanks to my wife, LMR and Black Friday! I'm pleasantly surprised at the finish of the hood. Other than a couple rub marks from packaging on the front edge, the top and bottom seem to be flawless. I'm no pro body guy so I'll update that statement once the body shop goes over it. Nice detailed sticker on prepping the hood too. The vents needed some refining as some spots looked like it was chiseled out of a mold but nothing a file and sanding couldn't easily take care of.
One thing I'm contemplating, is cutting the trays under the extractor vents. Cervini says it won't compromise the integrity of the hood. I know they're there to direct water between the engine and fender but the small hole in the tray seems restrictive. Thinking I can fab an abs cover for when I wash the car or the off chance I get caught in the rain. Problem is the vents are secured with auto tape and the rim they sit on is pretty thin.
No screen is offered for the ram air nor are there provisions for hood struts FYI. Hood Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior
Hood Vehicle Car Automotive design Automotive exterior
Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Bumper
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Rim
The hood is heavier than stock but I haven't weighed either.
Overall the fit is fantastic too! I may try to squeeze the fenders in a little but I'll wait until the hood is painted and on first.

See less See more
#36 ·
So what caused it to let loose? Bolts vibrate loose? Catch just rip out? Might be hard to figure out if it was crumpled up on the side of the road.

#37 ·
I didnt see it until after he got back home. Hood latched fine even after it blew open so not sure why it happened, wasnt any vibration or signs of trouble and he was only going 70ish. It stayed on his car but dented his roof and shattered the hood. We bondo and painted it and its now a 10 ft hood lol. We added pins to it and its been fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#39 ·
I don't know about that Jek57, but if I can make it I'd love to show up!

#40 ·
Do you have to inspect hood upon receiving/signing? My mom will be the only one home during times they will drop the hood off and she isnt, nor am I about her, confident about checking out the hood

#41 ·
Take the day off then. Yes, they need a signature that you (or signee) inspected it. The driver that delivered my hood was bar none, the best delivery guy you could hope to get! He knew it was a hood, had delivered several b4 and was more than willing to assist with bringing it inside, instructing on which side to lay it down and open, and looked it over with me. If I had cash on me I'd have tipped him!
There's a lot of edges that need to be looked at, not to mention looking for stress cracks if it was flexed too much from a drop or something falling on it. They're shipped standing up. Two metal "feet" screwed into the hood latch holes so it should arrive on the truck standing up.

#43 ·
Yeah, hope it all works out for you!

#44 ·
Just now came in from getting hood. Looks pretty good, the box was a bit rougher than i would like. Some marks/scuffs from box but i think thats to be expected. On one corner of the hood towards passenger window there is like a small gouge but very minimal. Cant wait to drop it off for painting. The driver was nice and friendly but not too helpful looking at the hood. He stood over it making jokes about how detroiters will steal anything and about how his company is stupid for using a semi and that lmr should have wrapped it better.

#45 ·
Hey, if it's ok that's all that matters!
Glad to hear it ?

#46 ·
You'll probably have yours done before mine. My "connection" has been dumped on at work and said it'll be a few weeks.
Might talk to another guy at a shop n see if he'd paint it for a Winchester model 94 30/30. 70's build so not super valuable but he likes firearms! Just getting impatient!!! Lol

#47 ·
Yea. Dropping car off tomorrow. I got all my stuff together now. I leave for florida tomorrow evening and will be gone for 10 days so im in no rush. But guy at shop said drop her off whenever so doesnt seem like he is super busy at the time. I appreciate all the help!

#48 ·
So im out of state but my dad just called body shop. Apparently the hood had imperfections-my dad didnt ask what was wrong- but he fixed whatever and the hood will be done around thursday. Hoping its nothing huge ?

#49 ·
Hm, wonder what it is?

#51 ·
Just updating, starting wednesday there was bad wind and a lot of the area lost power including the body shop. Not sure when car will be done but hoping monday it doesnt snow and my dad can get the car since I work until 9pm. Hows your progress coming along beviking?

#52 ·
Slow! Buddy that was going to do it is swamped! Talked to the guy at the other shop and he's interested in dealing with me lol. Going to take the hood down to him and see what he can do. He said he just did a fiberglass hood for a guy that needed a lot of prep work do to pinholes and imperfections so it cost more than originally thought. Didn't know the brand of the other hood. We'll see what he thinks about the Cervini hood.
Hope the power stays on for you!

#54 ·
Yeah but luckily? it's still winter.

#55 ·
Alright, a little sunshine in the winter! Took the hood down and worked out a deal! Guy was fairly impressed with the hood. He found a few minor imperfections but said he couldn't see anymore than MAYBE an extra $100 for prep from what he quoted me which was $700.
Going with a 69 Mach 1 paint scheme with blacked out center.
Might be close to 2 weeks since recent snow/ice backed them up too but it's there and in line and I'm psyched!

#57 ·
Nice!

#58 ·
So the update is they had no power for 3 days. They were painting the underside when I called. He said paint today and then tomorrow he is going to go over it with a wheel and make sure its all good and he will call back in a couple days. The imperfection was the coat cervini used was wavy but he says they put enough of it on that its easy to smooth it down, fit was perfect. Weather here in michigan is still **** though so its good she isnt done today so I dont have to drive it in the salt. Only thing that sucks is full insurance is on the car just incase so paying on that

#59 ·
So I should be posting pictures tonight. My dad will pick her up while im at work. Im giving him a few questions to ask the shop but just incase he forgets ill ask here also.
How long is the cure time, when is it safe to leave out in the rain(its my daily so it sees everything but snow) and when should i wash/wax the hood? Thanks!

#60 ·
Listen to the shop about waxing. I can't remember what last cure time was when I had something painted. I wanna say 3 months but don't hold me to it. Listen to the one who painted the hood. AND POST SOME PICS!! Lol
I'm trying not to bother the shop every day about my hood. Busy blacking out the roof, trunk lid and spoiler anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.