Mustang Evolution Forum banner

New Cervini Stalker II Hood

20K views 96 replies 18 participants last post by  Beviking 
#1 ·
Thought I'd share an early present I received thanks to my wife, LMR and Black Friday! I'm pleasantly surprised at the finish of the hood. Other than a couple rub marks from packaging on the front edge, the top and bottom seem to be flawless. I'm no pro body guy so I'll update that statement once the body shop goes over it. Nice detailed sticker on prepping the hood too. The vents needed some refining as some spots looked like it was chiseled out of a mold but nothing a file and sanding couldn't easily take care of.
One thing I'm contemplating, is cutting the trays under the extractor vents. Cervini says it won't compromise the integrity of the hood. I know they're there to direct water between the engine and fender but the small hole in the tray seems restrictive. Thinking I can fab an abs cover for when I wash the car or the off chance I get caught in the rain. Problem is the vents are secured with auto tape and the rim they sit on is pretty thin.
No screen is offered for the ram air nor are there provisions for hood struts FYI. Hood Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior
Hood Vehicle Car Automotive design Automotive exterior
Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Bumper
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Rim
The hood is heavier than stock but I haven't weighed either.
Overall the fit is fantastic too! I may try to squeeze the fenders in a little but I'll wait until the hood is painted and on first.

See less See more
#62 ·
Lmao! That's how I'd have done it for any of my kids!!!
Your dad is ok :thumb:
Now where's the real pic!?! I know he sent another one!

#64 ·
Sweet!!! On my phone the louvers look like carbon fiber.

#66 ·
So yours aren't painted at all? Yeah, they're black like other plastic body panels minus the texture. i was kinda sneaky about it and dropped the louvers off after the hood and agreed price lol. But, I won't be surprised if he asks for a little more because of them. I might stop tomorrow and check progress.
Finished blacking out the roof, trunk lid and rear spoiler with 3M gloss black. Might end up going back and having the spoiler painted. I don't like the vinyl wrinkled on the underside at the outside edges. You can't really see it since it's the low profile spoiler w camera, but I see it and it'll probably drive me nuts.

#67 ·
Yea not painted at all. Looks fine in normal light. Ive driven for like 10 miles maybe and already have 2 small rock chips =[ these next 4 days are either too cold for tires or raining so the car will be garaged for the time being. Post pics of your progress so far. I also see where you talked about vents look chiseled out and i might sand em down cuz i have a corner that sticks up a cm too. But ill try to leave the car alone for now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#68 ·
Hood should be done by mid week. When I stopped by last week, they had base primer coat, nothing picture worthy and I felt funny pulling the camera/phone out and snapping pics. They probably wouldn't mind but eh, it was nothing to see really. Guess they had some sickness go thru the shop. They Wanted to have it done yesterday but too many ppl were out sick. Crappy weather anyway so no problem there. Pics to follow soon...I hope!

#70 ·
Lmao I feel the same way about letting ppl drive my cars. One guy at work when I first got my old 95 Cobra was like "so I'm driving it when we go to get food right?" dead nuts serious. I actually only let my father and my really longtime friend drive that car...

As far as Cervinis... I have heard of issues in the past with ppl getting into QC disputes with them, they do not have the greatest customer service in the world I will say but the hoods do fit great and look great. They also do have this hood for the New Edge...

#71 ·
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!!!!!! Vehicle Car Red Vehicle door Automotive exterior

This hood looks incredible in person! I could not be happier! Haven't put it on the car yet or gone over it very closely but it looks like a dead match to the 1/4 louver they used to match the color. In the pic the black looks a little funny in relation to the hood line but it's fantastic in person. Plus the fenders are red too. Guy wasn't happy with the louvers so I'll get them in a couple days. Feel like I'm on Overhaulin' or something!

#74 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Wheel Rim

Shop wasn't happy with the louvers so I haven't put the hood on yet. Did get my new Steeda Spyder Wheels on and you can see the black vinyl roof, trunk lid and spoiler in the pic. I'm swapping the brand new BMR rear drag springs out and going back to my Roush/DUB/Eibach springs cuz there ain't much space in that rear fender!

#75 ·
Finally got it on! Different guy in shop painted the louvers and they were cloudy so they're repainting them. I like it! Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood
Land vehicle Car Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood

#77 ·
Hey Grimkreg, did you install the washer nozzles? I get ppl make mistakes but they sent two identical nozzles. My hood has a screw hole and next to it a larger hole for the tab on the nozzle, which prevents it from swiveling. Both passenger and drivers side have the screw hole on the outside in relation to the tab hole. I sent pics to Cervini but apparently it's too hard to comprehend. Initial email resulted in "looks like it has to move up", huh?, and follow up email was last week with "I'll give this to the body mngr". Wth?
You can see the pass side holes diagonally below the "C" just above the weather strip. That one fit beautifully. The other didn't obviously.
Iron Latch Door handle Handle Metal
Red Automotive lighting Technology Vehicle door Automotive exterior

#80 ·
Hey Grimkreg, did you install the washer nozzles? I get ppl make mistakes but they sent two identical nozzles. My hood has a screw hole and next to it a larger hole for the tab on the nozzle, which prevents it from swiveling. Both passenger and drivers side have the screw hole on the outside in relation to the tab hole. I sent pics to Cervini but apparently it's too hard to comprehend. Initial email resulted in "looks like it has to move up", huh?, and follow up email was last week with "I'll give this to the body mngr". Wth?
You can see the pass side holes diagonally below the "C" just above the weather strip. That one fit beautifully. The other didn't obviously.
View attachment 230762 View attachment 230770

If they decide not to send you the correct one just cut of the tab, rotate it, and have someone tig weld it back on, then paint it black again.

I know it's not the fair solution because it's their mistake and should stand behind their product but it beats riding with one or no nozzles.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#81 ·
Thanks Number29!
Yeah Boss, I can fab one. Could fab a mold from my original hood and make my own hood too lol!
This is just one of those bs mix ups I seem to run into too often. Company makes a mistake and just figures if they ignore it it'll go away. Hoping that's not the case here but so far it is. LMR said they'd push the issue for me so that's where I go next.

#82 ·
Surprise, LMR had already replied to my inquiry. Apparently there is no left/right nozzle. Here is the reply from Cervini which I appreciate...
"After reviewing the images I can confirm the following:
? We drilled the holes in the hood incorrectly.
? The washer nozzles are universal, there is not a left and right.
? The nozzle doesn?t fit because we drilled the holes wrong.
Possible solutions:
"1. We can make a custom bracket and weld it to the nozzle. This will be difficult because the diameter of the tube is so small. The weld can easily impede on the opening in the tube. But, will can and will do it if that?s what the customer wants.
2. I?ll pay for a washer nozzle relocation kit for the customer, if he?s willing to accept that option. The CDC kit will work even though its listed for 2005-2009. https://lmr.com/item/CDC-112050/2005-11-Mustang-Windshield-Washer-Nozle-Relocation-Kit
I apologize for the mistake. Let me know how you want to proceed."

Would've been nice to hear it directly but whatever. It's a nozzle, I'll widen the one hole, epoxy the other so the screw will bite and be done. Be cool if I drill up thru the top of the hood! Lmao!

#84 ·
Hey Grim, I don't see any hood shake and I've been...well...over the speed limit a few times. Did you adjust the rubber stops (damn brain fart, what r those things again?) to meet the hood? There's 4 of them along the front of the engine bay/radiator area and you can screw them in or out. Try 1/4 turn increments. I turn mine by hand but you might need a tool. With the hood latched, try pushing down and lifting up at each front corner of the hood and towards the center. If there's play, unscrew the rubber stops until there isn't any. I adjust mine so the hood barely rests on them when set down and there's some compression when the hood is closed. Keeps it nice n still.

#87 ·
Thanks!

#89 ·
So here is my update. I will start by saying I will never do business with Cervini ever again, but I will continue with LMR. A while ago I noticed a crack on the hood. Its a daily so no problem. But it began to grow so I went back to the body shop. They said it looked like the hood. I waited a bit more before contacting lmr when it grew a bit more. Trey over at lmr has been great. First cervini wanted pics, and denies it is the hood. Then I take the hood to another shop who says it could be the hood but its hard to tell. Cervini then wants me to push on the spot, which I try to do but its in a extra supported spot so it wont budge. I look under the hood and there is also a crack in the same area on the bottom. Cervini still denies it is the hood and now says it might not be the paint but now I did some kind of impact to the hood. Cervini has given me the run around saying this and that dodging that it could even be the hood. So I guess now I get to go to cervini directly and see what real complaining can do. Its astonishing that they can have such crap service and put the blame on every other party.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.