Mustang Evolution Forum banner

anyone regret their aftermarket exhaust?

Tags
exhaust
21K views 98 replies 49 participants last post by  C013RA 
#1 ·
I am debating keeping my car for several years or looking to trade/sell in feb 2017.

If I keep it, I would like to do a Roush exhaust (reviews seem to be great) dealership installed etc etc

does anyone regret getting rid of the stock exhaust?

#33 ·
I love my Magnaflows and don't regret buying then one bit.
They look and sound great and still looking new after almost five years.
They sound better then ever and "NO" complaints here.
Ronnie

#34 ·
My '11 had catback Borla's on it. Since I didn't buy them not sure if they are S or touring. Enjoyed it, all but the drone cruising 85 and up. Changed out the straight 3" pipe X mid for a h pipe resonated 3" mid from heartthrob. Aluminized steel, but deeper tone and cut out my drone. Just a bit less loud now. Sure don't miss the drone.

#45 ·
RTR street spec and Boss 302 side exhaust, I love it

#47 ·
I went with Borla 3" Touring Catback and was pleasantly surprised at the tone. Always preferred an H over an X pipe but it wasn't bad. FYI, the Touring Catback comes with resonators which from my understanding is the difference between the sport and touring 3" Catback. Interestingly, I had a leak in a Weld at a resonator and Borla sent me a new set. Cut up the defective pipe, had a straight section welded in so I have had both the non resonator pipes and resonator pipes on. Only had the non resonator pipes on for a few months. Sounded good but a bit loud for my liking.
I also installed a 3" MBRP H pipe in place of the X pipe. Changed the tone a little, but not like I've heard on most videos comparing X pipe to H pipes...but I like it. Wasn't an exact swap either, needed 7" per side of 3" pipe as the Borla OA pipe is flared at the front and the MBRP H pipe is flared at the rear and doesn't quite reach the OA pipe.
Still have the cut off at the weld Borla resonators if anyone is interested.

#56 ·
This.

#52 ·
I have Flowmaster Outlaws on my 2012 GT. I love them. They are quiet if the car is driven gingerly but scream when the gas pedal is floored.

My car had them when I bought it but my neighbor has a 2015 GT with stock exhaust and all our other neighbors say they love the way mine sounds over his.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#54 ·
Regrets
"YES"
I ordered my Magnaflow streets after owning my Mustang for about two hours.
I wish I had ordered them sooner.
That is my only regret.
Ronnie

#59 ·
before you trade your magnaflows.
Get a trusted friend to drive your Mustang as you stand outside and listen to the sound.
A nice deep rumble that is not going to give you a headache is a better sound going down the road then a overly loud obnoxious noise that you can hear while inside the car.
If you want the loud, trade.
Ronnie

#62 ·
What is really great is that there is a set of mufflers for everybody in our Mustang family.
I personally love my Magnaflow streets and there are guys and gals that love the Borla Ataks which are extremely obnoxious and LOUD
Get what you like and enjoy the music.
Ronnie

#65 ·
I've got Borla S-type. They are great with drone and do well at "normal" driving and can be loud at full throttle. I know I've got a 4.6L, but being DOHC, I think they are similar. I was going to get Magnaflows and ended up buying my second choice (Borlas) because of a great sale price. I think the new 5.0's sound like crap when they are too loud, so Magnaflows or Borla S-type for me all day, if I was driving a coyote.

#66 · (Edited)
Bought my 2011 GT used. The previous owner had welded Borla Atak Axle Backs on it. Way too loud and obnoxious for me. Looking to replace them with Kooks Axle Backs. I like the no rasp and more classic (as classic as I've heard for the Coyote) sound that I've heard on YouTube...I know that you need to hear them in person to get an accurate opinion, but don't have that luxury at the moment.

#67 ·
Bought my 2011 GT used. The previous owner had welded Borla Atak Axle Backs on it. Way too loud and obnoxious for me. Looking to replace them with Kooks Axle Backs. I like the no rasp and more classic (as classic at I've heard for the Coyote) sound that I've heard on YouTube...I know that you need to hear them in person to get an accurate opinion, but don't have that luxury at the moment.
I get nothing but compliments and no regrets for my Flowmasters. Not insane loud, but definitely has that beefy sound

#69 ·
Yes, I regret everything I did to my beautiful 2012 Mustang MCA.
If I ever trade this car or sell it and get a new Mustang ,I WILL NOT MOD IT OR CHANGE ANYTHING ON IT IN ANY WAY
Ha ! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!
Ronnie

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.