Mustang Evolution Forum banner

anyone regret their aftermarket exhaust?

Tags
exhaust
21K views 98 replies 49 participants last post by  C013RA 
#1 ·
I am debating keeping my car for several years or looking to trade/sell in feb 2017.

If I keep it, I would like to do a Roush exhaust (reviews seem to be great) dealership installed etc etc

does anyone regret getting rid of the stock exhaust?

#4 ·
Stay away from outlaws
THIS^^^^^

I previously had the MagnaFlow Race axle backs (basically muffler deletes) before the resonator deletes and the drone drove me up the wall to the point that I sold them. I loved my resonator delete with GT500 mufflers in my 11 GT. It had a good tone to it. Not loud but not quiet. I just did exhaust on my 16 GT (Lethal H pipe and FRPP Sport mufflers). Has a good sound to it but I think I might end up changing it. Sound kind of matches the car but the drone is bothering me. Res deletes with the Roush mufflers sound good but I like to be different. They pop a bit more and are noticeably louder.

#8 ·
Get the Roush. I love mine. Unless you're gonna weld them don't bother with the dealer. I used the supplied clamps and it took me about a hour for a flawless install on my drive way with a jack and Jack stands.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#12 ·
I've got Flowmaster 40's that came with the car when I got it. Added a MagnaFlow o/r x-pipe and it sounds like a beast. Personally, I don't think it's bad on the inside, and the gf (who complains about everything) hasn't about the noise. She *****es about everything else, but not the noise ???

#14 ·
regretted the set of loud Roush axle backs I installed. Had them on for about 30 minutes before they were removed and promptly resold. Waaaaay too loud for my tastes (and neighbors).

#15 ·
I have a 3 inch Borla racing exhaust and all I get is praises. I don't know where you get that after market exhausts are horrible. If you do your research they can be very satisfying as in my case and no drone whatsoever. My research drove me to Bassani and Borla and I chose the Borla but that is just personal preference I guess.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#19 ·
Magnaflow streets here,
I did this video going across the Chesapeake bridge Tunnel going into Norfolk Va.
It wasn't to really hear the exhaust note but it sure did make my Magnaflows hearable.
Absolutely "NO" drone or vibration at all.
Just a nice deep rumble and only noticeably if you tune your ear to listen.
I did not want loud obnoxious noise but wanted the nice deep sound on my V6.
The Magnaflow streets work perfect for me and I would get them again if I get another Mustang.( Of which I'm not even thinking of)
Exhaust tone is really a personal choice so try to get people to take you for a ride that have different mufflers to see what you would want.
Listening in a parking lot standing in back of a car being over revved tells you nothing, A ride around the bloct is what you need.
Ronnie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogj0i0vjNFM

#22 ·
I Ordered my Magnaflow Streets the same day I bought my Mustang.
American Muscle did not have any so I found them on Amazon and bought them.
The third day after having Red Ryder I installed them.
I never once regretted buying them and enjoy the sound without getting a headache driving my car.
Like I say, They are not for everybody because some people love a very loud obnoxious muffler and that is fine. Just not for me.
Ronnie

#27 ·
Great choice, About the same sound as Magnaflow streets. You will still be able to listen to the radio or talk to your passenger with these.
Rpnnie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.