Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Over axle pipe

5K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  nate714 
#1 ·
I didn't know they made over axle pipes for the coyotes anybody have them on or any opinions would like to know if they sound good

#2 ·
for the 3.7?

#4 ·
Yeah there are lots of them available.

AmericanMuscle

But largely no real sound difference its more for the slightly better flow with the mandrel bends. They claim deeper note but that is only if it removes the resonators and I am pretty sure they do not. Since the stock pipes are 2.75" and these mostly are the same diameter I am not sure how it gets deeper...

#6 ·
resonator delete will net you more in sound and flow than these...

#9 ·
on the 11-14 models the over axle includes a resonator, this resonator has a ID of around 2.25", the entire over axle is 2.75" though, thus making the resonator a restriction in the exhaust. Swapping to something like Borla, Lethal, or On3 over axle will free up a few, and I do mean a few(2-3 maybe) horses.

On3 makes the cheapest over axles you can buy, IIRC they cost about $250

#11 ·
I have a set of GT500 OTA pipes on mine that have no resonators. I like them because they fit perfect and they have Ford stickers and part numbers on them so maybe it will prevent the dealer from giving me problems in the future if I ever take the car in for engine related issues.

#12 ·
Heartthrob makes a 3 inch kit that includes an H pipe and over axle pipes without resonators. The fitment is junk, muffler shop had to cut a few inches off the pipe. The 3 inch over axle pipes did smack the vent tube on the axle, so the shop cut, bent, and rewelded the pipes to clear the axle vent tube.

I think it sounds significantly better than the stock over axle pipe, even if it is a ton of headache compared to simply cutting out the resonators. GT500AB without resonators is just about perfect tone. I want to get something a little louder without changing tone at all, but even my car enthusiast friends say to leave it as is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.