Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Can I make cruise always on in 2011 GT Premium?

Tags
2011 gt
9K views 194 replies 20 participants last post by  walexelect 
#1 ·
I have a 2011 GT Premium, and every time I start the car the default for the cruise control is off. Is there a way to make the default be on when I start the car?

#109 ·
Good idea here

Hey Fast Ford, Gravy is also from Canada so you guys should meet up and hash this out over a cup of Tea or coffee.
Ronnie :D

#111 ·
I told ya before, Come on down to Daytona
Get out of that freezer for a week
Ronnie

#116 ·
Depends on the make and model. For your Mustang, no there isn't a way. Take the .805843838 seconds to push the button when you want it on.

#119 ·
I'm thinking just shorting the switch won't work. Looks like the on/off on the circuit board shares a common lead/line which makes me think there's a relay switch or something else. Probably a few more something else's lol. I'm still of the mindset that it can be done, but without a scematic it's not worth chasing down.

I also think it's a redundancy that isn't needed. I've only been driving for 30 years, driven plenty of vehicles with the older cruise that had an on/off switch that can be left on (a current work vehicle being one) and NEVER accidentally hit a button that caused any dangerous results. I don't know anyone who has. The buttons are well designed and I don't see how you could accidentally press one? Eh, just more non pertinent info.

#122 ·
I also think it's a redundancy that isn't needed. I've only been driving for 30 years, driven plenty of vehicles with the older cruise that had an on/off switch that can be left on (a current work vehicle being one) and NEVER accidentally hit a button that caused any dangerous results. I don't know anyone who has. The buttons are well designed and I don't see how you could accidentally press one? Eh, just more non pertinent info.

They can be pressed because the buttons/switch are right by your hands, & as we all know, people are stupid.
Ok, you've been driving for 30 years, how about the 80+ year old seniors & 16-year-olds with a carload of friends, phones, music, distractions, etc etc.

Autocorrect is my worst enema...

#120 ·
I am totally 100% exhausted from yesterday by driving over to the gun show in Deland and back home.
I had to push that button twice, once going and again coming home. It was horrible and wore me out.
If the cruise control would just stay on all of the time I would not have to be working so hard to drive my Mustang and I would not get so exhausted on a long 25 mile road trip.
I just can't wait until the self driving Mustangs are available for me to get the first one.
Then I can just sleep and not have to push any buttons at all. I just tell the car where I want to go and drift off until I get there.
It will be wonderful for a car guy like me.
Ronnie the "Facetious" Mustang driver

#127 ·
Hi Strange Mud,
My huge big problem is, A 74 year old body with the brain of a 16 year old kid.
When it comes to Cars, Guns, Females, dogs - I just never really grue up.
Life is precious and fleeting so I do every day like it will be my last.
There is nothing like a good Mustang to keep you wanting to get out and drive.
Ronnie

#131 ·
I can attest, from the time that I spent with Ronnie at the AM shows, that he is still a kid!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#128 ·
No dog, I don't think. Not everyone lives in a city and the circuit can be made to have the power on tap so all is needed is the set button depressed to activate cruise. No "wear and tear" on anything.. Some see all the extraneous safety crap as crap. If you're that old that you're accidentally hitting buttons you shouldn't be driving. Please stop w the bs about kids driving and texting scenarios too. You can't fix stupid! Ppl shouldn't drink and drive either but it happens and I'd bet my mustang it happens more than accidental button pushing. Should every car have a breathalyzer in it too for safety? That may be the way things are going, make everyone pay for the stupidity/incompetence of a few, but it doesn't make it a necessity. I've practiced baby making while driving on the highway too, stupid as hell! Better install some sex sensors so the car shuts down when it detects...fill in the blank.

Ronnie, fun as always!

#132 ·
No dog, I don't think. Not everyone lives in a city and the circuit can be made to have the power on tap so all is needed is the set button depressed to activate cruise. No "wear and tear" on anything.. Some see all the extraneous safety crap as crap. If you're that old that you're accidentally hitting buttons you shouldn't be driving. Please stop w the bs about kids driving and texting scenarios too. You can't fix stupid! Ppl shouldn't drink and drive either but it happens and I'd bet my mustang it happens more than accidental button pushing. Should every car have a breathalyzer in it too for safety? That may be the way things are going, make everyone pay for the stupidity/incompetence of a few, but it doesn't make it a necessity. I've practiced baby making while driving on the highway too, stupid as hell! Better install some sex sensors so the car shuts down when it detects...fill in the blank.

Ronnie, fun as always!
...i won't even make a joke about shooting blanks...
but...
Thats what i'm saying... what part of your vehicle DOESN'T have to do with safety?!
& how is that BS??? in Sweden now, when theres an emergency vehicle approaching, its going to cut in on your vehicles radio &/or screen to warn people that there's an emergency vehicle approaching

Autocorrect is my worst enema...

#130 ·
I wonder if sparticus1701 is still with us.
He sure opened a popular fun thread.
Ronnie

#135 ·
you may be correct....on of the car mags mentioned that drive it yourself cars will be like a horse in NYC. You can ride it but it will be so impractical as to not make it worth it. I will say that with more and more drivers looking at phones instead of the road it ain't a terrible idea. I will miss driving but not commuting.

old enough that I doubt I'll be forced to give up my car with a steering wheel but may have to work to keep it on the road as replacements may not be available. I can see as Scotty mentioned them being not allowed on some roads. fwiw the numbers I've read makes me believe self driving cars are safer.

74 going on 16....sweet

#136 ·
Self driving cars will be safer in 5-10 years. I'm not saying get rid of manual drive cars but for major roads or highways... Could see those being limited to auto drive only. I'd prefer it honestly. Get work done or just chillax on commute with unlimited data plan.

Hell... I have seen articles saying auto OWNERSHIP is going to go away when you can just dispatch an automated Uber or Lyft to take you anywhere vs having your own...

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#142 ·
Hey Fast Ford,
It is a safety issue because the exertion I had pushing that button the other day almost made me pass out at the wheel. Something as strenuous as pushing the cruise control button to turn it on is a dangerous movement you should not have to do.
I may have to trade my Mustang in on a Honda or something that keeps the Cruise control on all the time.
It is a miracle I don't have a splint on my finger pushing that stupid button.
Ronnie

#143 · (Edited by Moderator)
ronnie948;4261428674[/QUOTE said:
Accidents happen, you could sprain your finger from typing, right?
Poop happens.
Look at me: I woke up paralyzed from a broken neck. There's no need to be flippant.

Did you hear about the Toyotas that were accidentally accelerating...?

"Just about anyone who has driven a Mercedes-Benz in the past decade has experienced it: unintended sudden acceleration because of awkward placement of the cruise-control stalk on the left side of the steering wheel.

A driver may think he is signaling to turn right, when inadvertently he has pushed the cruise control lever upward to the “accel” position, occasionally sending the vehicle bolting forward instead of slowing down to turn at an intersection. This could happen if the cruise control was on but not active.

Left turns were somewhat less problematic because pushing the lever downward put the cruise-control system into “decel” mode."

Assimilation Protocol v.4

#144 · (Edited by Moderator)
Ok, you explain to me why there isn't an option to leave the cruise control on?
You can't.
to be flip, look at all the kids texting all day with their heads hanging down... neck & repetitive stress injuries are in their futures, don't you think?)

... you can't argue with me when I'm right, which is quite often...
... I don't talk (or text) just to hear myself talk, & I don't lie, so...
Assimilation Protocol v.4

#147 ·
Hi Gravy,
You said:
Still waiting for someone to actually answer my questions, yes.
Well, The answer is "FORD" designed it this way.
Probably "NO" other reason at all.
Ronnie

#155 ·
So, they didn't change it after they recalled these for faulty cruise control?
cause i remember when they did, & changed everything because (big shock!) it was a safety issue for 14 million+ Fords..

...i need a new sig...

Did you even research the recall? The recall was related to a faulty switch that was overheating causing the vehicle to catch fire. Had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that leaving CC engaged was dangerous.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#152 ·
HERE. READ THE MANUAL, DAD!!!
  • Driver Assist Features are supplemental and do not replace the driver's attention, judgment and need to control the vehicle.
  • Remember that even advanced technology cannot overcome the laws of physics. It's always possible to lose control of a vehicle due to inappropriate driver input for the conditions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.