Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Can I make cruise always on in 2011 GT Premium?

Tags
2011 gt
9K views 194 replies 20 participants last post by  walexelect 
#1 ·
I have a 2011 GT Premium, and every time I start the car the default for the cruise control is off. Is there a way to make the default be on when I start the car?

#160 ·
looks like a win for Dog.....

as I mentioned early in the thread I don't think it is a real risk but I don't like leaving it on. We've all done riskier stuff but hopefully it had more rewards instead of having to only push one button instead of two.

#163 ·
I still say it can be done. Wouldn't be easy, but it wasn't built by God, so it can be fiddled with. It's not something I care to do so I'm not putting anymore time into it.
I was going to make a wise @ss comment about shooting blanks and shooting the dog but can't come up with anything witty enough that isn't creepy and/or sounds like a threat of violence. Toss in gravy and it just goes the wrong way fast. :whistling:

#164 ·
I still say it can be done. Wouldn't be easy, but it wasn't built by God, so it can be fiddled with. It's not something I care to do so I'm not putting anymore time into it.

I was going to make a wise @ss comment about shooting blanks and shooting the dog but can't come up with anything witty enough that isn't creepy and/or sounds like a threat of violence. Toss in gravy and it just goes the wrong way fast. :whistling:

hahahaha
yeah, it can be done if you replace everything,
but the way it is now, no way.
I'm telling ya

#167 ·
And FINALLY! The proof you are wackier than a loon.
Op's question is above. "Is there a way..."
And you, Ms Queen of Arguing say...

hahahaha
I'm telling ya

"Yeah, it can be done..."
Case closed! Get me a cigarette!
:dance:

Reactions: 51008
#168 ·
And FINALLY! The proof you are wackier than a loon.

Op's question is above. "Is there a way..."

And you, Ms Queen of Arguing say...

hahahaha

I'm telling ya

"Yeah, it can be done..."

Case closed! Get me a cigarette!

:dance:

OP asked if it can be left on; I said No, because the computer/whatever checks (EVEN if you set it up to stay on manually,) if will shut the cruise off.
YOU are the one taking things apart & re-engineering them, then, of course, by doing that, it would be possible.
Yaw or naw?

#171 ·
This is the original question that was asked

sparticus1701 asked this question:
I have a 2011 GT Premium, and every time I start the car the default for the cruise control is off. Is there a way to make the default be on when I start the car?
The one and only correct answer is NO

Ronnie

#173 ·
Hey jkeaton,
After reading all answers and and reading all of the research that was done, I came to the only conclusion possible and I'm sure it is the only correct answer.
Again it is
Ronnie

PS: wishful thinking will not change the answer to the original question.
It will still be """NO"""

#175 ·
Quitters!

#176 ·
Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!
Ronnie

#180 ·
I hesitate to post in this thread because, well... Just read it...

OP,

Ford did not provide an option to operator to change the default mode in you Mustang to function in that manner.

It actually is pretty easy (with a little knowledge & skill) to physically change the behavior by providing an on signal to the CC switch contacts when the car is started. Each time you turn the switch to ON, a circuit would simply close the open switch for a brief moment rather than a constant ON signal that would be caused by permanently closing the open contact. In the manner I described above, you could still use the OFF button when wanted, or use the ON button to toggle it back on again while driving (if you wanted to do this).

I read though this ridiculous thread, hoping that someone else would present you with a similar method but I just didn't see one.

I'm probably going to regret posting to this thread, but nothing is impossible, everything can be hacked one way or the other. The only limitation is your determination to make it happen. If I wanted to (I assure you I don't) I could easily do this.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled non-sense.

#182 ·
If you are say, doing 70 on cruise on the highway, then hit heavy traffic, & slow to 50, & accidentally hit the Resume button, you will accelerate into the traffic.
And, you get startled & don't know why you are suddenly accelerating, you may panic & won't react fast enough to stop.
That is why cruise has an Off function, & WHY you shouldn't (& sometimes can't) use it.....
it's a safety feature...
I don't know why you guys can't read the manual, or listen (?)

#185 ·
Question asked:
Originally Posted by sparticus1701 View Post
Answer is still """NO"""
I just can't see anyplace where the OP asked """HOW DO YOU REPROGRAM MY MUSTANG OR DO ANYTHING ELSE TO MAKE IT STAY ON.
He just asked if there is a way to leave it on all of the time and the answer is still """NO"""
Ronnie

Reactions: crjackson
#187 ·
Question asked:

Answer is still """NO"""
I just can't see anyplace where the OP asked """HOW DO YOU REPROGRAM MY MUSTANG OR DO ANYTHING ELSE TO MAKE IT STAY ON.
He just asked if there is a way to leave it on all of the time and the answer is still """NO"""
Ronnie

Haha Guys don't know what that means. Thats the problem. ...200 posts to get them to understand 2 letters. What goofs....

#189 ·
Me too.
It gets better every day
Ronnie

#191 ·
Question, What Question??????????????
Ronnie

#193 · (Edited)
Well I haven't read through this but as the title asks.... Yea you could manually wire for the cruise to always be on, but would have to set the speed every time.

To further stir the bucket, if you really wanted to do this you can set cruise at a low speed, don't know on mustangs but on my moms expedition it's like 20mph I think and then just use the buttons to accelerate but use the brakes as soon as you need to stop.

And I know this is a bit old but wth this form is dying down so why not.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.