Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Can I make cruise always on in 2011 GT Premium?

Tags
2011 gt
9K views 194 replies 20 participants last post by  walexelect 
#1 ·
I have a 2011 GT Premium, and every time I start the car the default for the cruise control is off. Is there a way to make the default be on when I start the car?

#16 ·
It is OFF by default and for a great reason. You "NEVER" EVER WANT TO USE CRUISE CONTROL IN THE RAIN.( or ice or snow) If you don't know why, you should "NOT" be driving.
Your buttons are right on the steering wheel and so easy to use ___A CAVEMAN CAN DO IT____
Just what are your other two cars that perpetually just leave the cruise control on??????????????
Does it cut off when you step on the brake????????
I'm just curious on this.
Ronnie

#17 ·
Seriously? You guys are giving this guy grief?! You HAVE driven a vehicle with cruise control right? You get up to speed, push the set button or toggle, let off the gas and then you're slowing down b/c the d@mn thing didn't register or wasn't on?
I hear you op! Ok, say cruise is always on and it's slicker than snot out...and somehow you hit the set button...uh oh! HOW ABOUT TAPPING THE BRAKE? :facepalm: talk about easy and being second nature! Sorry, I'm not buying the safety reason for cruise not to be on all the time. I get it, it's damaging to the ego not knowing all the answers but that's no reason to take it out on someone else :D
:hide:

Gravydog x2? The world is in trouble.:flowers:

#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
...he gets grief for being rude... not for being ignorant. He obviously can't help that...
...why would you want your cruise on in city driving?:blink::confused:
...or the winter?
...can't you turn it on only when you NEED it?
...Do you drive with your hazard lights on the time?
Or your turn signal(s)?
No. :nonono:
...& if you NEED cruise control to drive, you shouldn't be driving. Period.
...guess you have to leave your engine running 24/7 if you want it to stay on.

#23 ·
I'm not following how having the cruise control on all the time would be a safety issue. With or without the cruise the car will not automatically stop. You can coast into something just as easily as you can not tap the break with the cruise on and run into something.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#55 ·
I'm not following how having the cruise control on all the time would be a safety issue. With or without the cruise the car will not automatically stop. You can coast into something just as easily as you can not tap the break with the cruise on and run into something.

On SOME vehicles (like my dads new Impala,) yes, you can leave it on but not set, but on these Mustangs, you can't.
The computer checks and shuts it off by default.

Assimilation Protocol v.4

#30 ·
In my 05 Audi you push the stalk back to turn it off and pull it forward to turn it on, then buttons control it. Even though my daily allows me to leave it on, I've still never forgotten to turn on cruise in the mustang before setting it. It's just one button press. It isn't that hard.
I even turn it off when I'm done with it because the yellow dash light annoys me.

#32 ·
...and this is the crux of the issue. The question was if it can be done. Not "is it safe" or "am I a lazy bturd". EVERYBODY knows it isn't hard to push a button. Look at all the buttons (keys/keypad) pushed just to NOT answer the question. And just b/c it's that way in every vehicle on the planet does not mean it can't be done. It is entertaining but the forums should be mainly for learning and sharing pertinent info. :flowers:

#34 ·
He wants to know if the default can be changed so the cruise is always on.
The answer is NO, it cannot be changed. The reason it cannot be changed is that it is a safety issue.
...why the arguing??
This isn't THAT hard to comprehend, is it, now?
I'm trying to teach & share info, but some people don't want to learn or listen.
:banghead:

#40 · (Edited by Moderator)
SMH... ...there's no need to be rude & insult me...

The cruise is off for safety.
IF you change it to ON by default, the control module will tell the car to shut it off, so that the cruise control will not be set accidentally.
Unless you redo the whole thing, the answer is no.
Press the button that is labeled ON, then press SET after you reach your speed... SMH.... ...boys... sigh.

I know some stay on when you turn & leave the switch on & it's basically a stand-by mode.

Try listening besides just reading & being stubborn & macho & refusing to listen to a dumb blonde who is explaining things to you, k?

...&, alright, you tell me how to turn it on by default & how to stop the programming from shutting it off automatically?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.