Mustang Evolution Forum banner

tuner advise

2K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  scottydsntknow 
#1 ·
I bought a 2012 GT with Brembo package and 3:73 rear end. It has Magnaflow axle back mufflers and a MGW short throw shifter.
I was wondering about a tune. I do not want a CAI as I like the stock box. Would a 93 octane tune be of any benefit as is ? I do not want to do any further modifications.
Would I be wasting my money going with a tune with this set up ?
Thanks.

#3 ·
No it is not a waste of money, there are people here who tune their absolute bone stock stang. You will notice the difference the moment you start driving. In my opinion and many others in this forum, worth every penny. It doesn't matter what your goals are if you start with a tune then when you add stuff simply let the tuner know and they will update the tune.

TL;DR. Yes buy any tune but bama.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#8 ·
I've purchased and have tunes from various vendors. My favorite is MPT. These guys are awesome & affordable. If you have any issues, the will work with your ur datalogs until you're happy.

That said, I'm looking at a Dyno shop tune next. A good tune will thrill you.

#10 ·
I wish that would happen. Not to pleased with them at the moment. I submitted a datalog last week and the email I got back said that everything looks good and there's nothing to be done to it. Tune is OK at best but for a V8 it doesn't have as much punch as I would like. Could just be I'm in Denver so the overall performance is shot to **** anyway, but I also just wanted a sharper throttle response. I'm going to call them on Monday to see if they will at least make that alteration.

#9 ·
Get a nGauge tuner from Lund with one of their tunes. Done. Profit. You are smart to not want a CAI as well, waste of money on a 5.0

#19 ·
Plenty of shorty mid pipes with cats.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.