Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Going from Coilover to RTR and Koni

6K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Lvsmc14 
#1 ·
Have HR coilovers on car now and going to dump them. I also have the MMD caster camber plates too. Will I need to use them with RTR springs and Koni yellows?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#3 ·
Tired of the extremely harsh ride and the drop was way too much. It dropped it prob close to 3". I like the stance that is a little lower then stock hence going with a 1.5" spring drop. Also, after about six months the car is now out of alignment. So, just overall tired of it. I do like the lack of body roll in the car but still getting rid of them.

#5 ·
So this is me just thinking out loud here, and again, i may be missing something.

The whole point of coilovers is they are adjustable. You can raise the ride height on the H&R and swap out the spring for a more favorable rate. That's what i would do at least, but it is your car and your decision.

#6 ·
If your complaint is with ride harshness maybe you'd prefer progressive rate springs and koni oranges. Eibach springs are smooth and I imagine Ford K or P springs would also be a comfortable ride.

But I have to agree with the previous poster. Adjust your coil overs, or send them to me. You're going from a very high quality setup to a budget setup - makes zero sense. That's like saying you're tired of your supercharger roasting your tires.

#7 ·
Actually I can completely understand why OP wants to switch. H&R are actually on the much lower end of the coilover spectrum (along with BC, SR, and anything else under 2 grand).
Even switching springs probably won't make up for the cheaper dampers.

If you were to swap from BCs or these HRs, to something like some BMR or Ford Racing springs with Bilstein shocks and struts, you would get much better ride quality. I don't know how you can call a set of coilovers a premium setup when a good set of shocks, struts, and springs cost almost as much.

#9 ·
Well I will sell the HR coilovers to anyone who wants them. I paid $1600 and I will ship them almost anywhere for $550

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Only 5k miles on them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.