Mustang Evolution Forum banner

2012 Mustang gt with 6r80 swap/built motor in Limp Mode

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  FastFord19 
#1 ·
hey guys, I'm hoping to find someone that might have gone though same issue as me. I know there's hundreds of posts about limp mode, I've read them and tried almost everything recommended.

I recently built my 2012 motor and swapped mt82 to 6r80. Programmed ECU and crank relearn at dealer. Then tuned car with AED. Replaced throttle body/tps, tested alternator, tried multiple batteries.

Here's the problem:
1. Car turns on and idles fine.
2. Shifts up to 1500s rpm fine except it runs poorly because of limp mode I guess.
3. No throttle response for like 20 seconds unless I move shifter to (D, R, 1, 2, 3) the throttle response comes back instantly.
4. Most of the time, no codes come up. Unless I drive for a while (10 mins) and rarely the code p0011 pops up.

#3 ·
This is what I got from the interwebs:

"P0011 is the OBD-II generic code indicating the engine control module (ECM) has determined that the bank 1 intake camshaft is more advanced than what the ECM has commanded it be. This over-advanced condition could be during advancing or retarding of the camshaft timing"

Yet I don't see anything about you trying to fix this

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#4 ·
I've searched the code already. Saw a couple people who had bad alternator causing that code. I tested mine and looks good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.