Mustang Evolution Forum banner

TPMS sensor help please

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Grimkreg 
#1 ·
Ok so heres whats going on. I have an '11 GT and purchased some used wheels. They didn't have tpms sensors in them so I purchased the OEM ford ones for my car and had them installed. We put the car into the training mode and went to train the left front tire and nothing. So tried all the other wheels and same thing. Nothing.... The programmer showed that it was recognizing the sensors but my car isn't recognizing them. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?

#4 ·
Yes I got the ones for 2011. Double checked the part # and they are the correct ones. The tire pressure monitor fault is still on in the message center with the low pressure icon still showing too. I've had a local tire shop try to program them, then went to Discount Tire, and also tried to use a buddies Ford TPMS tool and still would not program. Guess I will have to bite the bullet and take it to the dealership.

#7 ·
They might be in "sleep mode". You need to let all the air out of the tire, let it sit for 5 minutes and then re air them up. From that point you have 1 hour to do the TPMS learning procedure with the tool or they go back to sleep in order to conserve battery.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#8 ·
I had gotten new rims and tires while back from AM. Had sensors put in when bought. Long story short of few trips to discount tire and one to dealer, couldnt get them to learn so got my money back. Simple to just push reset when I start the car.
I would like to add AM sent me more than one set also when trying to figure it out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.