Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Help rpms low!!! And drop

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Jorge Hernandez 
#1 ·
Like the tittle says I'm having a new problem with my 2011 5.0 . Normally when I turn the car on it idles at 1,000-1,100 then drops steadily to 800-900 but recently I check under the hood and saw a whole mess of corrosion on the positive battery post. I proceded to clean the post as best I could (disconnected the positive and cleaned it). Then I put the cable back on and we're ok and all set to go. NOW the car fluctuates idle from 600 to 800 just jumping around and when I get on the gas it drops about 100 and then climbs back up quick but when slowing down almost to a stop it drops to 3-4 hundred.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#2 ·
Don't get too worried yet. When you disconnected the battery, the ECU lost it's memory and needs to re-learn engine parameters. You idle should return to normal after running it a bit. You may have some rough shifting too if you have an auto. If it still is screwy after a hour or two then you might need to stop by your dealer. BTW it is likely your battery is spitting acid out of the vents and that is why you got corrosion. It might need replacement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.