Mustang Evolution Forum banner

What years did they make the Mustang GT with the open vents on top of hood?

4K views 55 replies 23 participants last post by  Boss302PR 
#1 ·
Was it the 2013 to 2014? The car did not have IRS yet.:confused:

#4 ·
As far as the coyotes the 11-12s didn't have them. 13-14s did. 15+ had hood vents but a different style.

I don't believe any came standard from 05-10 but I'm sure there were mustangs in the past that had hood vents/ scoop from the factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#20 ·
Anyone Please....

--------------------------------------------------------------------- I have a splitting headache, sinuses either clogged up or running like the overflowing damn in California, hot one minute and chills the next, so what is IRS?

Thanks, Sniffle, Sniffle. :cry:

#28 ·
Oh and the Mach 1 shaker is considered to be more of a "ram air" type of induction. It's effectiveness was really only at higher speeds,. Gains were nill on the 03/04 cars.

#42 ·
Or you can just install a Cervinis stalker hood on any 12-down car which has those vents too plus a ram air opening. Looks badass and one of my favorite hoods.

As for IRS... any 79-04 car can directly or nearly directly bolt in an IRS from a 99-04 Cobra. I have a 99 IRS on the ground behind my 2000 GT getting ready to install. Finally found a cheap set of termi springs to put in it and get it back down on 4 wheels.

#47 ·
The '13 and '14 vents would get some water into the engine bay stock. The hood liner had a tray molded into it that would catch most of this water...and drain it right on top of your fuse box (passenger side) and the stock air box (driver) :hide:

In fact, it was a point of discussion back then if the aftermarket cold air intakes needed to be enclosed to prevent this water from getting on your filter element.

I don't recall if anyone from Ford or one of the aftermarket companies ever said officially if it was a concern, but the later models of CAI tended to have means of funneling this water away from the filter element or enclosing the filter.

My solution to this was two things: mine doesn't get driven in the wet as it is well past being a daily driver :cool:, and when she gets washed I use a plastic bag over the filter. I've also removed the hood liner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.