Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Could have been worse

2K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  Top Down 
#1 ·
Well this happened last night. My car protected me well. I'm banged up but not injured (I don't think). Lady ran a red light. I had no chance. Will be looking for a lightly used 2015/16 Premium in the south Florida area. Trying to keep it under 30k. Vehicle Car Vehicle door Automotive lighting Mid-size car

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

See less See more
#3 ·
Yikes! Sorry to see that. Was that the new airbag or the Takata?

#5 ·
Glad to hear that and you're ok!

#7 ·
I'm sure your insurance company will tell you that it can be rubbed out and be as good as new.But really, I'm happy that you were not injured or killed.
Florida is notorious for people running red lights, Driving crazy and driving drunk, or texting, or just "NOT" paying attention.
Let us know when ya get your new ride.
Ronnie

#10 ·
Wow...you're lucky, glad you're ok. Being a police office here in Florida, see alot of Mustangs and Camaros in wrecks and suprised how well they take a impact. I lost my 06 Mustang in May 2016 rear ended at a stop light and then t-boned in my brand new Explorer police suv, lady ran a stop sign in Dec 2016.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

Good luck on your search for a new pony, plenty to choose from.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#12 ·
Way too many idiots "TEXTING" and playing with their I-Phone ETC. to relax and enjoy a nice drive anymore.
When I go to the VA Hospital in Orlando from Daytona I always see people driving on I-95 with a I-pad on their steering wheel doing 80MPH or more and all over the highway. I usually leave about 4:45 AM cc at 72MPH listening to the Serious Radio playing those great 50's or 60's music.
I do pass some of the texters doing 55 MPH and still all over the highway.
Ronnie

#14 ·
Way too many idiots "TEXTING" and playing with their I-Phone ETC. to relax and enjoy a nice drive anymore.
When I go to the VA Hospital in Orlando from Daytona I always see people driving on I-95 with a I-pad on their steering wheel doing 80MPH or more and all over the highway. I usually leave about 4:45 AM cc at 72MPH listening to the Serious Radio playing those great 50's or 60's music.
I do pass some of the texters doing 55 MPH and still all over the highway.

...not to be flippant, but once I saw a woman holding a cell phone to her left ear with her right hand, & tried to turn left using her left hand.
I phoned the cops and have them her plate number...

#16 ·
Gravy, You really did a good thing.
My problem is I don't talk on my cell phone at all while driving.
I usually just turn it off and check for messages the next time I turn it back on.
My hands free don't work with my "FREE" track phone.
Ronnie

#20 ·
So Sorry for your Stang and glad you walked away with a couple of minor bumps!

#21 ·
My mom & i were stopped at a red light, heading north, & she was coming from the east & turned south in front of us, grabbing the wheel and trying to turn it...
I was "WHAT THE F***?!"
(& I don't swear, & my mom was more shocked that i swore lol
so i pulled in the bus lane & phoned 911, & told the operator I'd testify against her if i had to & stuff...

but, Sask. only made driving & using a cell phone illegal this year....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.