Mustang Evolution Forum banner

MT 5.0 with 4.10 gears.. drag radials help?

5K views 32 replies 10 participants last post by  Voltwings 
#1 ·
Hello mustang community,
As the title say i have a full bolts on camned and tuned 5.0 with 4.10 gears. My car is a manual transsmision. I thought it would be a good idea to have the 4.10 gears but now the car just doesnt take off. It just keeps spinning in early gears and there is no way that I can race it. I ran 15 sec on strip with 285s nitto invo tires with the traction off.
Now its time to get them drag radials but i have never thought about radials and I just know nothing about them and what sizes is good for my car. Im thinking about changing the rear tires only so please let me know if anyone know good reasonable priced tires and wheels.

#4 ·
sometimes I street race and slicks might bring some problems cuz its not legal drive on streets. But i will take it for now as a last choice. My car is not close to 800 its somewhere around the 500 and I wanna make sure that radials wont work before I go and make a decision

#16 ·
Hmm, just can't rev it up and dump the clutch, might have to ease it out a bit and lower the revs. 2005 GT using 305 Nitto DRs and can still blow away the tires with an automatic and detuned to 400 RWHP at the strip, (112 MPH @ 12.4 and 1.8 60 ft.). Using less power at the launch is the ticket...

#17 ·
hello mustang community,
as the title say i have a full bolts on camned and tuned 5.0 with 4.10 gears. My car is a manual transsmision. I thought it would be a good idea to have the 4.10 gears but now the car just doesnt take off. It just keeps spinning in early gears and there is no way that i can race it. I ran 15 sec on strip with 285s nitto invo tires with the traction off.
Now its time to get them drag radials but i have never thought about radials and i just know nothing about them and what sizes is good for my car. Im thinking about changing the rear tires only so please let me know if anyone know good reasonable priced tires and wheels.
drag radials are better suited to automatic cars.
Bias ply's are better suited to stick shift cars.

#31 ·
Build an excel spreadsheet and graph your gear choices.

MPH = (RPM x tire circumference) / (transmission ratio * final drive * 1056)

Graph the speeds for each transmission gear and compare for the best final drive, estimated trap speed, etc... This will also let you calculate the difference a change in tire height makes.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.