Mustang Evolution Forum banner

2012 front bumper fitment on 2013

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  DylanRyan_8 
#1 ·
I really love the way the 2012 front end looks, especially with the 13 headlights. Does anyone know specifically if the bumper and hood will just bolt up fine? What parts would I need to make this swap?

#3 ·
You won't need the 2012 headlights, you'll just have to come up with a way to connect the 2012 bumper to the radiator bracket/cover. The 2012s used a tab on the headlight to mount the top tabs on the bumper, but there are easy ways around it.

I bought a 2012 bumper a long time ago to do the front end swap. I took my 2013 bumper off to do a test fit and the 2012 didn't seem to line up right, so I think something in the radiator area will need to be changed as well although I haven't pinpointed it yet. Once I finally figure it out I will probably write a guide on the whole process as most of the front end conversion info seems to be for the opposite scenario ('12 to '13 swap).

The least economical part of the swap is far and away the hood. I've been scouring eBay and Craigslist for over a year trying to find a good deal on a black OEM hood that isn't in crappy condition. The way it's looking, I may just have to go aftermarket eventually.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.