Mustang Evolution Forum banner

MGW race spec.....standard vs x spec

13K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  kylewilson5.0 
#1 ·
What is everyone's preference? throw is 3.00"/2.835" for the standard and 2.765"/2.625" for x spec version. For daily driving, no track use, would one be better than the other? Isn't the goal of a short throw to produce as short a shift as possible? Anyone know what the stock shifter throw dimensions are? 2014 GT track pack.

#5 ·
I chose the standard to use one of their shifter ball. If you want a shorter throw get it, if you want a great shifter with their ball go with standard. Don't see how it affects lowered vehicles but I have a standard on 1.5 drop and all 4 corners brah

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#7 ·
If your car is so low where the SHIFTER has something scraping on the ground... just stop...

#10 ·
You don't need the blowfish with the race spec by the way. Completely redundant and serves no purpose once the race spec is on.

#12 ·
The problem is the shifter clearing the 4inch driveshaft on lowered vehicles. which to me doesn't make a bit of sense cuz if the suspension was to bottom out or come close to it, that would mean the driveshaft would make contact with the shifter according to MGW. At least that's what it looked like they was implying. Anyone have a MGW shifter and their car lowered?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.